Obama: Open Borders are unsustainable

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Tinfoilhat
Valiant A

Re: Obama: Open Borders are unsustainable

Post by Tinfoilhat »

Alf'Omega wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:35 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:29 pm

The fact that the border is not being enforced to the extent you want it to does not make new legislation or the democratic rule of law meaningless. Democracy does not promise any individual that he gets what he wants.
Ajax would have us believe no one crossed the border when Trump was in office because the border was "closed." Yeah, right. Crossings reached a 12 year high under Trump and he and his family went out of their way to cover up that fact to keep it out of media headlines. Waves of immigrants will come when they come, and it has nothing to do with who is President and everything to do with what's going on in Honduras, Guatemala, and Haiti at the time.
Borders are racist.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Tinfoilhat wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:55 am
Alf'Omega wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:35 pm

Ajax would have us believe no one crossed the border when Trump was in office because the border was "closed." Yeah, right. Crossings reached a 12 year high under Trump and he and his family went out of their way to cover up that fact to keep it out of media headlines. Waves of immigrants will come when they come, and it has nothing to do with who is President and everything to do with what's going on in Honduras, Guatemala, and Haiti at the time.
Borders are racist.
Seriously!?!?
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Remember the media putting up pictures of Border Patrol whipping undocumented Hatian immigrants along the Rio Grande? Remember Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas promising a speedy investigation into these racist white men whipping black men as an echo of a bygone era? Well, it's been almost 8 months and the Biden administration is finally quietly admitting that none of this was true. The border patrol officer was merely using the reins to guide his horse.
Last edited by ajax18 on Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

"Merely using the reins to guide his horse."

Ajax is just upset that this was investigated at all. No one in the Biden administration called the Border patrol racists. Psaki said she didn't have the full context but would look into it. What's so bad about that?

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/9/2 ... t-migrants
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Psaki said she didn't have the full context but would look into it. What's so bad about that?
No, she certainly didn't wait for the full context and neither did Biden. Just read the parts in blue in case you've forgotten what they said at the time. So where's the consequences Biden promised when the media basically led the demented old fool to make an immediate judgment.

Jen Psaki refuses to apologize for White House’s debunked claim about Border Patrol ‘whipping’ migrants
White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki on Monday refused to apologize for the White House’s now-debunked claim that Border Patrol agents were whipping Haitian migrants during a confrontation near the U.S.-Mexico border.

Images emerged in September of Border Patrol agents in Del Rio, Texas, showing agents on horseback blocking migrants from entering the U.S. and, in one case, grabbing onto a migrant’s shirt.

Many Democrats and media outlets falsely described the agents’ long reins, which they use to control their horses, as "whips."

Psaki at the time slammed what she called "brutal and inappropriate" behavior by Border Patrol agents.

FLASHBACK: NPR, MSNBC, NY TIMES, PARROTED DEBUNKED CLAIM ABOUT BORDER PATROL ‘WHIPPING’ HAITIAN MIGRANTS

"We understand and agree that this has been an incredibly heart-wrenching issue," Psaki said. "We’ve watched the photos of Haitians gathering under a bridge, many with families, and the horrific video of the CBP officers on horses using brutal and inappropriate measures against innocent people."

President Biden weighed in on the controversy, saying "those people will pay."

"There will be an investigation underway now and there will be consequences," Biden said at the time. "There will be consequences."

Nope, no poverty being imported here, just loyal Democrat voters and the beginnings of a giant welfare family tree. Better go ahead and raise that social security eligibility age to 80 and triple the taxes as well.

Fox News’ Peter Doocy asked Psaki Monday afternoon when the president would apologize to the Border Patrol agents.

Psaki evaded the question, saying that the matter is being handled by the Department of Homeland Security and she could not provide any more updates.

When Doocy asked Psaki whether she would apologize, she said the investigation into the matter "would play out."

"Whenever it’s going to be announced, the Department of Homeland Security will announce that," Psaki said. "And then, I’m sure we’ll have a comment on it after that."
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/jen-p ... dfd5cb8c97
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

You're an idiot expecting me to ignore the video footage I just saw where Psaki said precisely that. Instead you want me to believe "blue print" from a FOX News piece. Again, where did Psaki or Biden call these men "racists." That was your claim. Back it up.

I showed you the pics of border agents dragging these barefoot Hatians with their "reins" and I saw video footage of them being knocked over by their horses. There is nothing inaccurate about saying their treatment was "brutal and inappropriate."

Just "steering" the horse as it stands still.

ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

K Graham wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:27 am
You're an idiot expecting me to ignore the video footage I just saw where Psaki said precisely that. Instead you want me to believe "blue print" from a FOX News piece. Again, where did Psaki or Biden call these men "racists." That was your claim. Back it up.

I showed you the pics of border agents dragging these barefoot Hatians with their "reins" and I saw video footage of them being knocked over by their horses. There is nothing inaccurate about saying their treatment was "brutal and inappropriate."

Just "steering" the horse as it stands still.

ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

If there is nothing inaccurate about this claim than where are the speedy and serious consequences that Biden so vehemently promised to the border patrol officers nearly 8 months ago? If you're so convinced that this was "brutal and inappropriate behavior by the border patrol," why aren't you upset with Mayorkas and Biden for not holding these rural Texas white men you despise accountable?

As far as I know, Biden and Psaki didn't make this claim that there were modern day WASP plantation owners whipping black men, but the you and the media did at the time. And you still continue to insist that the picture shows conclusively show that the officers were whipping the migrants even though your own man Mayorkas has quietly admitted this was a lie.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:10 pm
If there is nothing inaccurate about this claim than where are the speedy and serious consequences that Biden so vehemently promised to the border patrol officers nearly 8 months ago?
Because there is nothing technically illegal in what they did. But changes have been made to ensure safety in the future, like using horses to round up people as if they were a herd of animals. That is now banned.
If you're so convinced that this was "brutal and inappropriate behavior by the border patrol," why aren't you upset with Mayorkas and Biden for not holding these rural Texas white men you despise accountable?
Again, there was nothing illegal in what they did.
ajax18 wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:10 pm
As far as I know, Biden and Psaki didn't make this claim that there were modern day WASP plantation owners whipping black men, but the you and the media did at the time. And you still continue to insist that the picture shows conclusively show that the officers were whipping the migrants even though your own man Mayorkas has quietly admitted this was a lie.
I posted the pictures to refute your idiotic claim that these men were just using reins to "steer their horses." The photos showed clips from video footage of these men using their "reins" to lasso and drag people while knocking them over with their horses. That's just as brutal as whipping them. Someone could've easily been killed. Of course it was brutal and inappropriate. The fact that they weren't arrested and put on trial is no surprise for the same reason it isn't a surprise when cops murder people with impunity and then get off because of a falsified police report claiming they were acting in self defense.

What I get a kick out of is your reaction to this. When the majority of people see idiot "cowboys" rounding up people like a heard of cattle and then they see a long rope like material stretching from their hands to the people they're trying to round up, they're going to assume whipping is involved. Especially with the photo of the "cowboy" spinning the cable as if he's threatening to whip them, like in this image:

For people like you, who rely on so much fake news lying that comes from whole cloth, you're so desperate to make excuses by saying "see the Left does it too." The fact is this "error" or getting it wrong as you like to think, wasn't based on some whole cloth fabrication like we see from Brietbart daily. It was based on real images that appeared to show black Haitians being overrun with horses and whipped by these wannabe cowboys. Most of the outrage was coming from news outlets overseas, like in France, Aljazeerah, Germany, etc.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

The issue of refugees is a thorny one for many countries.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace