Bidenflation reaches 30 year record high

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gunnar
God

Re: Bidenflation reaches 30 year record high

Post by Gunnar »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:25 pm
https://www.cnbc.com/2023/01/25/chevron ... boost.html

tl;dc - Chevron makes $11B in profit for the 3rd quarter. Is going to buy back stocks. <- the GOP loves it when oil and gas companies make huge profits and their dopey electorate blames the Dems. Gas is back up where I live, by the way. We have a Republican Governor and legislature. Biden did that, of course.

- Doc
Ridiculous isn't it? Chevron's profits alone last year, let alone the combined profits of the rest of the fossil fuel companies, was more than the entire budgets of almost half of the world's nations, but Biden and the Dems are the reason gasoline prices are so high? Yeah, right! :roll: :roll:
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/exxon-sm ... 39797.html
Exxon smashes Western oil majors' earnings record with $56 billion profit for 2022
^ Biden did that? That’s good? Or is that bad? Has Breitbart told us how to feel about this, yet?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:57 pm
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/exxon-sm ... 39797.html
Exxon smashes Western oil majors' earnings record with $56 billion profit for 2022
^ Biden did that? That’s good? Or is that bad? Has Breitbart told us how to feel about this, yet?

- Doc
How has your $401k been treating you the past couple of years?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:41 am
I’d ask you how the performance of your choice of investment products within your own retirement account is the ‘fault’ of anyone else, but I know that you’re not going to be able to answer that.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

The utter stupidity and hypocrisy of GOP blaming Biden for high gas prices, and then condemning him for succeeding in lowering those those prices by releasing part of the SPR (Strategic Petroleum Reserve). They want the gas prices to remain high as long as they can blame him and his administration for it. Then they only became more angry with him when he actually succeeded in lowering them.

REP LIEU FLOOR REMARKS ON PRESIDENT BIDEN LOWERING GAS PRICES

As Rep Lieu pointed out, not only did Biden succeed in lowering those prices, he then refilled the reserve by selling petroleum from the reserve when prices were high, and then refilling it when prices were lower, making a net profit for the U.S Government of more than 4 billion dollars! This only made Republicans angrier, because it made Biden and his administration look good! This was an intolerable affront to hard core GOP right wing conservatives!

See also: Marjorie Taylor Greene HUMILIATES herself on house floor with must-see SELF-OWN
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

canpakes wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:05 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:41 am
I’d ask you how the performance of your choice of investment products within your own retirement account is the ‘fault’ of anyone else, but I know that you’re not going to be able to answer that.
I don't believe in retirement. I just have a rainy day fund. I have no plans nor desires to ever retire.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:08 pm
canpakes wrote:
I don't believe in retirement. I just have a rainy day fund. I have no plans nor desires to ever retire.

If you’re doing something that you love, why retire? If you can make that work, then that’s great.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

517,000 jobs added in January, and lowest unemployment since 1969. Let's go Brandon.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:08 pm
canpakes wrote:

Your attitude on this is just like my racist stepfather who didn't retire from AT&T until he was 76. Make no mistake about it. He served zero purpose at his age but he refused to retire until they practically forced him to. Up until that time he was essentially a charity case. During his last 10 years with the company I would always hear his in-home "conference calls" in his "office" and it was always everyone else speaking. He never spoke nor did anyone ever ask for his input. What a charade.

When we asked why he doesn't just retire he said he wouldn't know what else to do with his life. Like ajax, his life is absolutely miserable and I think both of them prefer to see their refusal to retire as some kind of virtue when in reality it is because they're too lazy to try enjoying life like most functional humans. He doesn't like culture, he doesn't like going out to places, he doesn't like music of any kind, he doesn't like art, he doesn't like anyone speaking anything but English, he doesn't care for much of anything other than Alabama football in the Fall. He wakes up every day to literally the same day that consists of a morning trip to Waffle House after watching his FOX & Friends morning show, then he goes home. I think I mentioned this before but their plasma TV I helped install 8 years ago has the FOX News logo emblazoned like a watermark on the bottom left corner of the screen no matter what channel the TV is on. This is because they rarely change the channel to anything else. His home is still filled with all kinds of gimmicky crap sold to him from FOX News. He still has his Bill O'Reilly coffee cup, his Sean Hannity attire and his "My pillows" which he admits aren't very good pillows at all. Whenever he sees a white and black person kissing on a commercial he'll mumble "cut that out... there used to be a time when people knew their place." What a sad creature he has become.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18