Bidenflation reaches 30 year record high

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Bidenflation reaches 30 year record high

Post by Jersey Girl »

Framing this for the rest of my natural life.

Cultellus wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:58 am

Look at you making stupid ass assumptions about people you don’t know, again.

With great appreciation,
The Irony Police
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Not everything is going up in price, though. Lumber prices have dropped 74% since May.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Interesting points. I think trying to go back to school to retrain for a different career would kill me pretty quickly at this point in my life. But that is life and that's the market. So I can't call it unfair.
You really should go back to school.
[/quote]

More death wishes? Dream on. I'll outlive you.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Alf'Omega
2nd Counselor

Post by Alf'Omega »

But I will have contributed far more for human society and done more good than you.

While you're online daily obsessing about the inferiority of black people, ranting racist talking points and blaming minorities for your failure in life, I'm sponsoring children around the globe, feeding the hungry, providing shelter to the homeless etc.

And I'm not even a Christian!
Tinfoilhat
Valiant A

Post by Tinfoilhat »

Alf'Omega wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:07 am
But I will have contributed far more for human society and done more good than you.

While you're online daily obsessing about the inferiority of black people, ranting racist talking points and blaming minorities for your failure in life, I'm sponsoring children around the globe, feeding the hungry, providing shelter to the homeless etc.

And I'm not even a Christian!
What do you mean you're not a Christian?
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

This article is a year old and I was impressed that the Conservative Think tank at the time put the blame on Trump:

Fact-checking Republican attempts to blame inflation on Democrats

Facts First: While some economists say the stimulus packages passed in response to the Covid-19 pandemic are having an impact on inflation, it's misleading to suggest that's the only explanation for the recent rise in inflation. Blaming it exclusively on Democratic spending proposals misrepresents what's actually been passed, and ignores the trillions of dollars in spending passed last year supported by Republicans and signed by then-President Donald Trump which economists say have also contributed to inflation.

Last year, Congress passed two bills totaling around $3 trillion in Covid relief spending -- the $2 trillion Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act passed in March 2020, and the $900 billion pandemic relief bill passed in December 2020. Both were signed by Trump and supported by Republicans. The economic stimulus packages, including the $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan signed by Biden in March 2021, which contained at least one tax credit program which is already in effect, have contributed to inflationary pressures but are not the only reason behind the spike, experts say.

"Inflationary pressures are arising from a variety of factors: supply chain issues, the reopening of the economy, over $2 trillion of excess household savings, accommodative monetary policy, President Trump's $900 billion December stimulus, and the President's $1.9 trillion stimulus," said Michael Strain, Director of Economic Policy Studies for conservative think tank, the American Enterprise Institute.

Jason Furman, the Aetna Professor of the Practice of Economic Policy at Harvard Kennedy School, noted that the stimulus checks included in all three Covid relief packages, not the tax credits in the American Rescue Plan, were likely responsible for any impact on inflation those policies had.
"The tax credit's relatively small compared to the economy as a whole," Furman said. "If you want to call the checks a tax policy, yes I think that did contribute to inflation."

Furman, a Democrat who previously worked for the Obama administration, acknowledged that the American Rescue Plan has contributed somewhat to inflation, but said, "I think the biggest thing that's contributed to inflation is just restarting an economy," something other countries recovering from the pandemic have also experienced.

Mark Zandi, chief economist of Moody's Analytics, told CNN that "The jump in inflation has nothing to do with tax and spending policies." According to Zandi, inflation is being temporarily driven by "a one-time adjustment in prices" following a decrease last spring when the pandemic erupted, supply chain constraints which have limited production and an increase in demand as the economy reopens.

"Businesses that slashed prices during the height of the pandemic, such as hotels, airlines, rental car companies, etc. are simply raising prices back to where they were pre-pandemic," Zandi said, adding that, "the supply-side of the economy has lagged demand as the pandemic continues to struggle with scrambled global supply chains."
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Alf'Omega wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:07 am
...blaming minorities for your failure in life...
You just captured the entire motivation, nuance and all, of every white supremacist ever raised. It's simple stupidity and insecurity. They are the definition of whiney snowflake, and have the same IQ as a snowflake.

If someone wants to advertise that they are a moron, they just need to repeat white supremacist talking points. Does the trick every time.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Some Schmo wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:41 pm
If someone wants to advertise that they are a moron, they just need to repeat white supremacist talking points. Does the trick every time.
Speaking of which...

“Everyone agrees that Nick Fuentes should not be having dinner with former President Donald Trump. He’s much better suited to be a host on Fox News,” “The Daily Show” wrote to introduce the montage.

Fox News And Nick Fuentes Speak The Same Language, 'Daily Show' Supercut Shows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gsa3tiS2VTo&t=10s
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

.2% for October. Dark Brandon is takin’ GOP souls, man.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:35 pm
.2% for October. Dark Brandon is takin’ GOP souls, man.

- Doc
Naw, they already gave them to Trump.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.