Videos that will help anyone suffering from the curable disease of progressivism!!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Chap
God

Re: Videos that will help anyone suffering from the curable disease of progressivism!!

Post by Chap »

ceeboo wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:45 pm
Chap wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:05 pm
How do I tell whether I am a 'progressive' or not?
Get in your car - alone - roll all windows up - take a drive - look in mirror - Are you wearing two N95 masks, a full face shield, and protective gloves?

(Kidding - Res, relax, friend)

I would appreciate a serious answer to this question, since the term "progressive" is often used on this board, and I deduce from its usage that it is a term of condemnation rather than praise.

So I repeat - what does a person have to do in order to (according to those who use the term) deserve to be condemned as a "progressive"? Or has it no content apart from "person whose social and political attitudes meet with my disapproval". In that case, it would not seem to serve any useful purpose.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
ceeboo
God

Re: Videos that will help anyone suffering from the curable disease of progressivism!!

Post by ceeboo »

Chap wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:13 pm
I would appreciate a serious answer to this question
Not self-identifying as a progressive, I am uncomfortable telling you what one is (I think you would get a variety of answers from progressives) But I do remember Res (who is a progressive) sharing his thoughts on what one is - unfortunately, I just don't remember what thread it was in (sorry)
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ceeboo wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:10 pm
I know, to wear all that while driving - alone - with all the windows up - is stupid isn't it?

I honestly believe that some of the folks you see driving this way are just so used to wearing the mask that day that they haven’t thought to take it off once they get into a car.

I did this myself once, and kids do it all of the time (watch the cars at a school or daycare pickup). If the mask is comfortable enough, it’s easy to forget about it.

No worries, though - the days of mask-wearing are winding down; soon, no-one will be traumatized by seeing someone else in a car wearing their mask. ; )
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ceeboo wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:19 pm
Chap wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:13 pm
I would appreciate a serious answer to this question
Not self-identifying as a progressive, I am uncomfortable telling you what one is (I think you would get a variety of answers from progressives) But I do remember Res (who is a progressive) sharing his thoughts on what one is - unfortunately, I just don't remember what thread it was in (sorry)
You’re uncomfortable defining the term, yet in the same breath you use the term. So, are you just using words with no idea what they mean, or are you being disingenuous?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:34 pm
You’re uncomfortable defining the term, yet in the same breath you use the term. So, are you just using words with no idea what they mean, or are you being disingenuous?

- Doc
Disingenuous.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

ceeboo wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:38 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

- Doc
Disingenuous.
So, a time-waster. Why bother posting this kind of nonsense? Is it supposed to be amusing?
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Chap wrote:I would appreciate a serious answer to this question
As would I, Chap. As would I.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Gadianton wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:39 pm
Chap wrote:I would appreciate a serious answer to this question
As would I, Chap. As would I.
ceeboo wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:38 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

- Doc
Disingenuous.
I think you and Chap might be waiting for a while.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
SirPoopsaLot
Sunbeam

Post by SirPoopsaLot »

ceeboo wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:45 pm
Chap wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:05 pm
How do I tell whether I am a 'progressive' or not?
Get in your car - alone - roll all windows up - take a drive - look in mirror - Are you wearing two N95 masks, a full face shield, and protective gloves?

(Kidding - Res, relax, friend)
I wear a mask and face shield while driving. That’s the best and most effective way not spread any germs to your PPE. I don’t touch my face until returning home. I’m sitting on the toilet now with a mask on. If you spray your mask with Lysol before pooping the smell of your poop is greatly diminished.