Typical Millennial bank statement

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Atlanticmike
God

Re: Typical Millennial bank statement

Post by Atlanticmike »

Gadianton wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:03 pm
The trades can be a great option. Not everyone is getting rich, but if you work at it, you can go independent easier than with other employment options, which means you can then hire a person or two, and scale your efforts and make money off the people you manage, rather than at a white color job where you might make less than your employees as a low-level manager or make barely more. My right-wing friend is a retired builder and he's loaded. Of course, he did have family who took him under the wing early on to get him going. A friend from college who is effeminate and a major liberal from a family of Phds did graduate, but liked manual labor, and ultimately ended up with his own HVAC company. He does pretty well, but because he has a crew he has lots of flexibility and can vacation for long periods and keep things going behind the scenes. Given his intellect, HVAC was a good option because not everyone who succeeds at window washing and caulking will do well at that.

the reality still is that there are a lot of broke handyman types out there, including plumbers, and if you're going to make money washing windows and caulking, you're going to have to have some good business sense and significant drive.

Another option for young people that I've recommended is fast-food. Get a job at McDonalds, work your way up to manger, be a manager for a couple years and then if you don't see a future in that industry, use that manager experience as your college equivalent to get a corporate job. There are countless BS corporate jobs that pay decent and great benefits, require low effort and skill but just need the foot in the door.
Yes. The most important thing you said here is about having Drive. A lot of guys will gravitate to the construction industry because they suffer from ADHD, they're bipolar or some other mental illness. Often those guys will work a job and get paid a large sum, let's say $5000 for a job they finished in a week. Then they'll spend the next two weeks doing absolutely nothing. I have one buddy that builds high end custom decks on million dollar homes and he'll make good money on a job then he'll plan the next job two weeks after the current job ends. But hey, it's worked for him for at least a decade. The only problem he has is he never has any disposable income and he just can't seem to understand why?😂 Drive is extremely important! If you don't have a strong work ethic, you're going to always scrape by no matter the profession. Also communication. I'm sure you can't tell on this forum because I love being a smart ass. But I have found that communication is key when it comes to contracting. I do a ton of jobs behind contractors who have been fired off a job. It's funny because most of the time all the contractor had to do to keep the homeowner happy would've been calling them the night before to tell them no one would be showing up in the morning. Communication and a friendly smile go a long way.
Alf'Omega
2nd Counselor

Post by Alf'Omega »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:30 pm
Licensed plumbers can make $90ish an hour all day everyday.
Very few can, most cannot. You're full of crap as usual. I have four plumbers programmed in my cell and they're constantly begging me for business and I'm in a metropolitan area where the housing market has been booming. They don't charge by the hour, they charge a flat rate depending on what the job entails. I paid $350 to one them who replaced our sump pump and ran another water line to a second fridge, and it took him over six hours not including the time that took him to make two trips to get parts. A typical garbage disposal installation runs about $90 and that takes less than an hour usually, but you're not going to get 8 of those jobs in one day, and even if you did, you wouldn't be able to complete them all driving back and forth to each location.
When I went back to install the stair, he said he had 11hrs in the job and charged $1400 labor. The homeowner was more than pleased to pay him.
So you know some shady people who like to hammer unsuspecting customers on price. Probably a republican.
I'm still roofing because I love it! Plus I make more money than my families GP. It pisses him off
😂.

And you probably make less than anyone else posting on this board. Everything is relative.

And no one likes being on a hot roof for any amount of time.
Less and less young people are turning to construction for a profession.
I think you mean fewer and fewer.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Alf'Omega wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:04 pm
Atlanticmike wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:30 pm
Licensed plumbers can make $90ish an hour all day everyday.
Very few can, most cannot. You're full of crap as usual. I have four plumbers programmed in my cell and they're constantly begging me for business and I'm in a metropolitan area where the housing market has been booming. They don't charge by the hour, they charge a flat rate depending on what the job entails. I paid $350 to one them who replaced our sump pump and ran another water line to a second fridge, and it took him over six hours not including the time that took him to make two trips to get parts. A typical garbage disposal installation runs about $90 and that takes less than an hour usually, but you're not going to get 8 of those jobs in one day, and even if you did, you wouldn't be able to complete them all driving back and forth to each location.
When I went back to install the stair, he said he had 11hrs in the job and charged $1400 labor. The homeowner was more than pleased to pay him.
So you know some shady people who like to hammer unsuspecting customers on price. Probably a republican.
I'm still roofing because I love it! Plus I make more money than my families GP. It pisses him off
😂.

And you probably make less than anyone else posting on this board. Everything is relative.

And no one likes being on a hot roof for any amount of time.
Less and less young people are turning to construction for a profession.
I think you mean fewer and fewer.
Why are you jealous a plumber can make really good money? And if you have plumbers begging you for work then you're dealing with some crappy contractors, ding-a-ling. I'm happy if I can get a plumber to show up within 4 or 5 days. Again, the way things are booming in the construction industry, if you have subs calling you for work, you're a crappy contractor and you're hiring crappy subcontractors. Never hire a sub that's begging for work! NEVER! Wait for the guy who can barely fit you into his schedule. If you don't know that buy now you're an idiot. Here!! Let me help you out ✏️ boy! Never, and I mean never hire the guy begging for work. And if someone shows up on the job with all new tools, fire his ass on the spot, don't think twice about it, just do it.

So you're jealous of a guy making $1400 in a day and a half. Typical PROGRESSIVE! You probably think he should give 80% to the government.

Between my businesses and rental houses I probably make more than most on here. Again! You're jealous because you're an unhappy PROGRESSIVE that hates life.

I love being on a hot roof! It's not for everyone, that's for sure. I would go insane driving to an office everyday, going into the climate controlled room and sitting at a desk. I couldn't do it. I find it funny you think no one likes roofing because it's something you wouldn't do. Typical spoiled PROGRESSIVE that thinks everyone is beneath him.
Last edited by Atlanticmike on Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:40 pm
Retard shouldn't of went to college.
Do you mean the retard shouldn't have gone to college?
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Cultellus wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:23 pm
MeDotOrg wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:50 pm

Do you mean the retard shouldn't have gone to college?
Atlanticmike shouldn’t a wrote like that, but since he done, guess we should crucify him at.
You see, I love that they joke on my grammar. That's one of the reasons I keep coming back to this forum. I'm a little odd I guess. But the more they joke the more I post. This forum is therapy for me. I think a few people have figured that out. I don't post about PROGRESSIVES because I want to. Heck!! I hate politics.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I love the trades, and I admire the folks that can earn a good living doing so. My probable son-in-law comes from a well-to-do family (they own a trucking company in the midwest) and has a passion for working on semi engines and related big truck things. He’s a grease monkey and happy as a clam getting his hands dirty. My youngest daughter did a tour in the Navy, and despite my best attempts to get her to go to college and pursue a white collar career went to a cosmetology school and is happily helping women feel better with a nice hair cut. My own father was a carpenter, and my two brothers work in the transportation industry (train and long-haul driver).

Wait. What are we talking about again?

- Doc
Last edited by Doctor CamNC4Me on Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Cultellus wrote:
Atlanticmike shouldn’t a wrote like that, but since he done, guess we should crucify him at.

Don’t be making fun of Mike’s writing by exaggerating mistakes. That’s very bigoted.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

canpakes wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:34 am
Cultellus wrote:
Don’t be making fun of Mike’s writing by exaggerating mistakes. That’s very bigoted.
Are you sure he was exaggerating? Or even making fun?
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Some Schmo wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:45 am
canpakes wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:34 am

Are you sure he was exaggerating? Or even making fun?
Yes, he was kidding and so was I. You see, non PROGRESSIVES have a sense of humor, you wouldn't understand, because that's one of the first things to go when your brain becomes infected with the disease of progressivism. [del. FR2 -cp-]
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

I dream of buying a village in Europe, say Spain, with friends and moving there en masse. This is my response to Dean Robbers’ suggestion of Mexico. Although Mexico is intriguing.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow