CNN chief medical correspondent admits PROGRESSIVE network CNN lied about Ivermectin treating Covid.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
canpakes
God

Re: CNN chief medical correspondent admits PROGRESSIVE network CNN lied about Ivermectin treating Covid.

Post by canpakes »

Why do anti-vaxxers hate horses so much?

Horse Owners Face Ivermectin Shortage Due to COVID-19 Misinformation

By Melissa Colorado • Published September 29, 2021 • Updated on September 29, 2021 at 9:17 pm

…“It’s liquid gold. You can’t get ivermectin and if you want it, you’ll be on a waiting list that is 600 long,” said Judi Martin, owner of Skyline Ranch in the Oakland Hills.

Martin owns Skyline Ranch, where she administers the anti-parasitic drug twice a year to more than 40 horses.

A green container used by Martin showed stacks of a medication that is sought after by ranchers, veterinarians, and recently, anti-vaxxers from around the country.

Without Ivermectin, she said the horses could start to develop intestinal issues.

“They’ll lose weight. Their hair coat will grow rough. They will lose energy,” she said.

But this year, a tidal wave of disinformation online about the drug’s ability to treat COVID-19 is causing a nationwide drug shortage.
Some Schmo
God

Re: CNN chief medical correspondent admits PROGRESSIVE network CNN lied about Ivermectin treating Covid.

Post by Some Schmo »

Alf'Omega wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:50 pm
EA was far from a Liberal, he is a self described Libertarian, but he always called B.S. on these attacks on CNN and the "Liberal Media" especially when it is coming from idiots who think Joe Rogan, Ben Shapiro and Tucker Carlson are reliable.
And he was right. People who think mainstream media is in the tank for liberals either don't think for themselves or just like lying to hear the sound of their own voices. It's a damned ignorant thing to say. Given the way the media treated Trump, it all seemed pretty biased toward the GOP to me. He and his enablers should have been crucified daily, but the media treated him like he was a legitimate President who gave a crap about Americans, and they gave him way more airtime than was reasonable or healthy for the country. That is obvious bias.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

Some Schmo wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:23 pm
And he was right. People who think mainstream media is in the tank for liberals either don't think for themselves or just like lying to hear the sound of their own voices. It's a F'ing ignorant thing to say. Given the way the media treated Trump, it all seemed pretty biased toward the GOP to me. He and his enablers should have been crucified daily, but the media treated him like he was a legitimate the President who gave a crap about Americans, and they gave him way more airtime than was reasonable or healthy for the country. That is obvious bias.
The mainstream media in this country is actually right wing media as far as the rest of Western society views it. Trump never would have been president if he wasn't given media attention for the shock factor.

That being said, the truly liberal media was pretty harsh on Obama. Does "Deporter in Chief" ring a bell? Criticism about his drone strikes?
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

Cultellus wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:27 pm
Father Francis wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:22 pm

The mainstream media in this country is actually right wing media as far as the rest of Western society views it. Trump never would have been president if he wasn't given media attention for the shock factor.

That being said, the truly liberal media was pretty harsh on Obama. Does "Deporter in Chief" ring a bell? Criticism about his drone strikes?
Uh, you just now seeing the sunshine, Father?
Just now? Sounds like you ain't seen it yet, though it's shining right in your face...
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Father Francis wrote:
Some Schmo wrote:
And he was right. People who think mainstream media is in the tank for liberals either don't think for themselves or just like lying to hear the sound of their own voices. It's a F'ing ignorant thing to say. Given the way the media treated Trump, it all seemed pretty biased toward the GOP to me. He and his enablers should have been crucified daily, but the media treated him like he was a legitimate the President who gave a crap about Americans, and they gave him way more airtime than was reasonable or healthy for the country. That is obvious bias.

Oh look!! Doc semen, Icarus or Schmo have started posting under another name 😂. I can't wait to see how long it takes to find out who it is. It took me about 3 post to realize Alf Omega was actually Icarus. Anyways, welcome to the board, father!😂
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

Cultellus wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:39 pm
Father Francis wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:29 pm

Just now? Sounds like you ain't seen it yet, though it's shining right in your face...
I have said it before, I will say it again. I do not know crap about F. As long as that sun continues to shine, the things I do not know will be greater in quantity and significance than the things I know. If you are the actual know-it-all that we have been waiting for, I am honored to have you here, finally.

Shall the rest of us just turn it over to you now, Father?
You're the one saying you alone see the sun shining in your face....
Alf'Omega
2nd Counselor

Post by Alf'Omega »

Father Francis wrote:
Some Schmo wrote:

To say nothing about the exaggerated focus on Hillary's "emails" two weeks prior to election time, which turned out to be a dud. They completely dropped the Access Hollywood tape which gave Trump time to recover, and yet he still barely won by the skin of his teeth.
Alf'Omega
2nd Counselor

Post by Alf'Omega »

I was listening to Talk Radio today and many in the industry are encouraging Joe Rogan to sue CNN. What they're doing is basically misrepresenting what CNN actually said, which is ironic since they're pretending to advocates for accurate reporting. But by misrepresenting what was actually said, it makes it easier for them to beat up a straw man.

Out of curiosity, I googled other news reports from September 1, 2021 that covered this story and virtually all of them said the same exact thing. But only CNN is being raked over the coals and threatened with legal action, which says plenty about how much hatred there is towards them.

FOX News
"Joe Rogan says he's contracted coronavirus, treated it with ivermectin ... Ivermectin has become a hot topic lately, as it is an anti-parasitic drug often used to treat animals. The FDA has advised against humans using the drug to treat coronavirus, warning that it hasn't been tested, interacts with some medications and could cause an overdose."

FORBES
"The Food and Drug Administration warned Americans last month not to take ivermectin — an antiparasitic drug often used in animals — for Covid-19"

Newsweek
"Several people are labeling Joe Rogan an 'idiot' after the podcaster declared he is treating his COVID-19 with ivermectin—a horse de-wormer."

Maxim Magazine
JOE ROGAN GETS COVID-19, SAYS HE TOOK CONTROVERSIAL HORSE DEWORMER IVERMECTIN FOR TREATMENT

NPR
"His methods included taking ivermectin, a deworming veterinary drug that is formulated for use in cows and horses. While a version of the drug is sometimes prescribed to people for head lice or skin conditions, the formula for animal use is much more concentrated."

NBC
"His treatments included monoclonal antibodies and ivermectin, Rogan said. Ivermectin, which is not an anti-viral drug, is generally used to treat or prevent parasites in animals such as horses."

USA Today
"Joe Rogan tests positive for COVID, says he's taking unapproved deworming drug ivermectin"

CBS
"Joe Rogan says he's using ivermectin, an anti-parasite drug commonly used in livestock, is not approved by the Food and Drug Administration to prevent or treat COVID."

CNN
"In Wednesday's video, Rogan said he took several medications after his diagnosis, including the anti-parasitic drug ivermectin, the use of which has become popular among fringe and anti-vaccine communities, and which US health officials have strongly advised against."
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

thanks for putting that together Alf.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

The problem with the CNN statement is that it doesn’t make clear that the FDA’s statement applies only to use in treating Covid as opposed to all human use. I suspect that the writer/editor thought it was clear from context, but I think it’s bad/sloppy writing and/or editing. I think it’s an exaggeration to call it a lie, and Rogan treating it as such is, in my opinion, cynical grandstanding.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.