CNN chief medical correspondent admits PROGRESSIVE network CNN lied about Ivermectin treating Covid.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Alf'Omega
2nd Counselor

Re: CNN chief medical correspondent admits PROGRESSIVE network CNN lied about Ivermectin treating Covid.

Post by Alf'Omega »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:14 am
The problem with the CNN statement is that it doesn’t make clear that the FDA’s statement applies only to use in treating Covid as opposed to all human use. I suspect that the writer/editor thought it was clear from context, but I think it’s bad/sloppy writing and/or editing. I think it’s an exaggeration to call it a lie, and Rogan treating it as such is, in my opinion, cynical grandstanding.
That's an interesting way of looking at it. I personally never read the statement as applying to all human use of Ivermectin, and I haven't heard Rogan say that's what bothers him. He seems to be insisting CNN keeps saying he "took horse dewormer." I've yet to find a single example of CNN saying it like that, but I have seen other outlets put it that way. If anything, it seems to me the published statements by USA Today, NPR, Newsweek, Maxim, and CBS warranted more of a response from him. But he's laser focused on attacking CNN because.... well, we already know.

I think it is funny how many folks in Right Wing Podcastland are calling for Rogan to sue CNN. Apparently they don't understand how difficult it is for a public figure to win a libel suit. The burden of proof is so much harder in those situations.
Cultellus

Re: CNN chief medical correspondent admits PROGRESSIVE network CNN lied about Ivermectin treating Covid.

Post by Cultellus »

Sure. Totally on the up and up.

Anonymous sources have confirmed many times that CNN knew what they actually meant the whole time, know what I mean? I mean, it’s not like they actually wanted to be caught like this so of course they meant something else.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Alf'Omega wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:54 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:14 am
The problem with the CNN statement is that it doesn’t make clear that the FDA’s statement applies only to use in treating Covid as opposed to all human use. I suspect that the writer/editor thought it was clear from context, but I think it’s bad/sloppy writing and/or editing. I think it’s an exaggeration to call it a lie, and Rogan treating it as such is, in my opinion, cynical grandstanding.
That's an interesting way of looking at it. I personally never read the statement as applying to all human use of Ivermectin, and I haven't heard Rogan say that's what bothers him. He seems to be insisting CNN keeps saying he "took horse dewormer." I've yet to find a single example of CNN saying it like that, but I have seen other outlets put it that way. If anything, it seems to me the published statements by USA Today, NPR, Newsweek, Maxim, and CBS warranted more of a response from him. But he's laser focused on attacking CNN because.... well, we already know.

I think it is funny how many folks in Right Wing Podcastland are calling for Rogan to sue CNN. Apparently they don't understand how difficult it is for a public figure to win a libel suit. The burden of proof is so much harder in those situations.
Really? You never typed into Google “cnn+horse+dewormer+rogan”? I did, clicked on images and this is what came up:

“Unproven de-worming drug.”

“Taking livestock drug.”

“Horse dewormer.”

The thing is, as discussed in the other thread, Rogan took Ivermectin as prescribed by a doctor. So he took a drug, unproven in its efficacy against Covid, for a human being. He took a human being drug, not a livestock drug. CNN just wanted an easy layup on Rogan because Don Lemon has his panties all twisted up over Rogan with regard to other issues like:

eta: In Rogan’s case it’s akin to saying penicillin is a veterinary drug because it’s used on animals. If you take penicillin to fight a sickness it’d be unfair to frame it as, “You’re taking animal drugs to fight your infection!”

I get why CNN jumped on this because of the magatards literally eating horse paste, but this felt personal and it was misreporting at best, and a dirty lie at worst.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Alf'Omega
2nd Counselor

Post by Alf'Omega »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:01 pm

Really? You never typed into Google “cnn+horse+dewormer+rogan”?
I did but didn't do an image search. Rogan's evidence against CNN didn't involve chyrons, they involved two comments made by CNN hosts who said the same things that's been said by Reuters, NPR, FOX, etc. Chyrons are by their very nature supposed to be short and context free so good luck winning a libel suit based on that. But if we're counting chyrons as actual reporting, then all we have here is CNN saying precisely the same thing a half dozen other outlets have said. But Rogan is one of those "Liberal media" critics. Just compare his attitude and mannerisms towards Sanja Gupta when compared to, oh, I don't know, his soft spoken and ever so humble interview with Candace Owens on Climate Change. He knows his base.
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
I did, clicked on images and this is what came up:
Yeah, chyrons are short and often ambiguous. But none of this would ever stand up in court as libel, and the drug ivermectin that's prescribed for humans is fundamentally, at the chemical level, the same exact drug that's designed for livestock. So Rogan calling it an "outright lie" is specious at best.
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
eta: In Rogan’s case it’s akin to saying penicillin is a veterinary drug because it’s used on animals. If you take penicillin to fight a sickness it’d be unfair to frame it as, “You’re taking animal drugs to fight your infection!”
True enough, but the main difference being that penicillin wasn't originally formulated for, nor is it primarily used on animals. Ivermectin is primarily a livestock drug.
I get why CNN jumped on this because of the magatards literally eating horse paste, but this felt personal and it was misreporting at best, and a dirty lie at worst.
Well, Magatards are the ones who brought ivermectin to all our attentions by consuming the horse paste, and given that they're the ones producing a shortage for farmers, and given that Rogan was notoriously anti-vax (up until he backtracked and called himself a moron), I probably would have assumed that he had taken the horse paste with or without CNN's comments. I mean his initial report about his COVID simply said he was taking the drug and the "kitchen sink." Rogan brought this on himself really.

I'm also interested to know who this idiot doctor is who prescribed him a drug the FDA strongly recommended against.
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Alf'Omega wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:45 pm

(Snipped from a huge embarrassing melt-down post)

I probably would have assumed that he had taken the horse paste with or without CNN's comments.
Yeah. We know. You assume stupid things not based on facts and then double down on your assumptions all the time.
Alf'Omega
2nd Counselor

Post by Alf'Omega »

Cultellus wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:55 pm
Alf'Omega wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:45 pm

(Snipped from a huge embarrassing melt-down post)

I probably would have assumed that he had taken the horse paste with or without CNN's comments.
Yeah. We know. You assume stupid things not based on facts and then double down on your assumptions all the time.
All the time? You're new here. How would you know what happens "all the time"?

The only bad assumption I've made is that you were a serious poster.
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Alf'Omega wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:57 pm
Cultellus wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:55 pm

All the time? You're new here. How would you know what happens "all the time"?

The only bad assumption I've made is that you were a serious poster.
Assume that I am a God. You can’t go wrong with that fact.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehea ... lines.html

Ivermectin has been used for years to treat parasitic infections all over the world, to include immigrants entering the US as a preventive measure. Granted, I can’t find how much Ivermectin has been used on humans versus animals so I can’t challenge Alf’s assertion vis a vis animals getting more of it versus humans.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Alf'Omega
2nd Counselor

Post by Alf'Omega »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:08 pm
https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehea ... lines.html

Ivermectin has been used for years to treat parasitic infections all over the world, to include immigrants entering the US as a preventive measure. Granted, I can’t find how much Ivermectin has been used on humans versus animals so I can’t challenge Alf’s assertion vis a vis animals getting more of it versus humans.

- Doc
I'm just basing this off the NPR report:

"His methods included taking ivermectin, a deworming veterinary drug that is formulated for use in cows and horses. While a version of the drug is sometimes prescribed to people for head lice or skin conditions, the formula for animal use is much more concentrated."

Of course, thanks to the rise of Magatards, human consumption of the drug probably surpasses that of animals in 2021.
Alf'Omega
2nd Counselor

Post by Alf'Omega »

What's left out of this conversation is Rogan's idiotic willingness to throw the "kitchen sink" at a respiratory disease (as long as someone on youtube says it is a cure) and yet he's unwilling to get vaccinated. Hard to imagine why anyone would lump him in with conspiracy theorists.