NFL denies leak amid John Gruden scandal

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Alf'Omega
2nd Counselor

Re: NFL denies leak amid John Gruden scandal

Post by Alf'Omega »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:14 pm
I was referring to the original Icarus who got himself killed by flying to close to the sun and melting his wings.
You actually just did it again. Where did you get your med degree again, Trump university?
Alf'Omega
2nd Counselor

Post by Alf'Omega »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:23 pm
I grew up a Redskins fan. While I was annoyed at the league getting rid of their mascot ...
'

No one here is surprised by this.
Alf'Omega
2nd Counselor

Post by Alf'Omega »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:23 pm

I am interested to know your opinion on the NFL's conduct during Deflate gate. Do you see Tom Brady as a cheater who tried to conceal evidence of by destroying his cell phone? Was what Brady did worse than Plexico Burress or Ray Lewis?

And our resident Nazi is doing his Nazi thing again. The White man is such a victim and treated unfairly.
Alf'Omega
2nd Counselor

Post by Alf'Omega »

Cultellus wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:39 pm
Gunnar wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:29 pm

So what? :roll: :roll: :roll: What relevance does John Gruden's or the NFL's behavior or misbehavior have to do with the discussions on this board, or generally either credit or discredit anyone or any group other than John Gruden or the NFL or anyone else directly or indirectly associated with them? Are you just grasping at any straw you can find to make some point that you think will somehow cast a bad light on whomever or whatever you disagree with?
Yeah.

So what? :roll: :roll: :roll: What relevance does Trump’s or Biden’s behavior or misbehavior have to do with the discussions on this board, or generally either credit or discredit anyone or any group other than Trump or the Biden or anyone else directly or indirectly associated with them? Are you just grasping at any straw you can find to make some point that you think will somehow cast a bad light on whomever or whatever you disagree with?

Is “with” a preposition?
The only reason this is being brought up is because the OP is by a rabid racist whose entire life revolves around this notion that he's a victim of reverse racism.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Cultellus wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:39 pm
Is “with” a preposition?
Yes, it is. So what? Sometimes it seems a bit less awkward to end a sentence with a preposition than to rearrange the wording just to avoid doing that. Example: "Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put."
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Alf'Omega wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:38 pm
ajax18 wrote:
I was referring to the original Icarus who got himself killed by flying to close to the sun and melting his wings.
You actually just did it again. Where did you get your med degree again, Trump university?
I think he’s an optometrist, which in some cases you don’t actually need a 4-year degree. I’d be surprised Xanax graduated from a legitimate college or uni based off his common grammatical mistakes. If I had to guess he has his AS and then got into some sort of accreditation program. Whatever the case may be here’s Xanax when he sees a white man fired because the evil Leftists have ruined this country’s ability to call black people, gays, and women names on the company’s dime:

Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Alf'Omega wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:38 pm
ajax18 wrote:
lol, I guess I did do it again. It should be, "got himself killed by flying too close to the sun." Who really cares? It's the liberals that think keeping grammar in English is a sign of racism and white supremacy. Go to the BYU writing lab and ask if they can proofread your paper for grammatical errors if you don't believe me. You'll be informed that grammar is not important and that there is a movement to remove grammar from English. They can only check for content and flow of your writing.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Gunnar wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:29 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:45 pm
The NFL also set black players at a lower intelligence level than white players when testing the long term effects of concussions sustained playing football.
So what? :roll: :roll: :roll: What relevance does John Gruden's or the NFL's behavior or misbehavior have to do with the discussions on this board, or generally either credit or discredit anyone or any group other than John Gruden or the NFL or anyone else directly or indirectly associated with them? Are you just grasping at any straw you can find to make some point that you think will somehow cast a bad light on whomever or whatever you disagree with?
I'm saying that the NFL has bigger racial issues than what Gruden said. Does that sound racist to you that the NFL would set blacks at a lower initial cognitive ability level than whites when measuring the long term effects of concussions on cognitive ability?

So the NFL offers up a token sacrifice every now and then. They purposely leaked these emails and they purposely waited until now to do it. Who wants to live in a society where decades old private emails can be subpoenaed and and then leaked to the public ten or twenty years into the future?

Why do you think the NFL tried so hard to take down Tom Brady yet makes every excuse they possibly can for someone like Richard Sherman?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:53 am
I'm saying that the NFL has bigger racial issues than what Gruden said. Does that sound racist to you that the NFL would set blacks at a lower initial cognitive ability level than whites when measuring the long term effects of concussions on cognitive ability?

So the NFL offers up a token sacrifice every now and then. They purposely leaked these emails and they purposely waited until now to do it. Who wants to live in a society where decades old private emails can be subpoenaed and and then leaked to the public ten or twenty years into the future?

Why do you think the NFL tried so hard to take down Tom Brady yet makes every excuse they possibly can for someone like Richard Sherman?

Ajax, it’s almost as if you’re trying to provide us an example (or two) of systemic racism.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:53 am

Again, so what? I am not denying or condoning that there is or might be racism in the NFL organization. If it exists there it deserves to be pointed out and condemned, especially if NFL owners and officials falsely bill themselves as liberals opposed to racial discrimination of any kind. If you agree with that, I commend you for pointing it out. But it is not justifiable grounds for stereotyping all liberals and progressives as inherently racist, which I can't help suspecting is the real intent of your OP.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.