A PROGRESSIVE NIGHTMARE! SMALL TOWN IN GEORGIA REQUIRED EVERYONE TO OWN A GUN

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Atlanticmike
God

Re: A PROGRESSIVE NIGHTMARE! SMALL TOWN IN GEORGIA REQUIRED EVERYONE TO OWN A GUN

Post by Atlanticmike »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:54 pm
Atlanticmike wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:11 pm
That's correct! Small Georgia town where everyone owned a firearm. Is the town more deadly then Chicago?? It has to be, correct? Nope!!
https://youtu.be/qRtVgsHiWyA

Warning!! If you're a progressive, this video could trigger you and cause you to think logically. Use extreme caution.
Define progressive.
Progressive car insurance works as a safeguard for your financial well-being in your vehicle in case of accidents, theft, or other incidents beyond your control. Your car insurance company can pay for vehicle repairs, medical expenses, and damages or injuries you caused another driver. Keep in mind that car insurance won't cover maintenance or general wear and tear.
Atlanticmike
God

Re: A PROGRESSIVE NIGHTMARE! SMALL TOWN IN GEORGIA REQUIRED EVERYONE TO OWN A GUN

Post by Atlanticmike »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:07 pm
Atlanticmike wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:11 pm

Warning!! If you're a progressive, this video could trigger you and cause you to think logically. Use extreme caution.
I don't think most progressives want all guns to be banned. You enjoy ridiculous straw man politics.
Great! You keep thinkin that. I collect guns, how many should I be "allowed" to have? I build guns, should I be allowed to do that? I carry a gun, should I be allowed to carry? I have a butt load of ammo, should there be a limit on ammo? I have a crap load of magazines, 30 40, 60 and even 100rnd magazines, should they be illegal?
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:16 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:54 pm

Define progressive.
Progressive car insurance works as a safeguard for your financial well-being in your vehicle in case of accidents, theft, or other incidents beyond your control. Your car insurance company can pay for vehicle repairs, medical expenses, and damages or injuries you caused another driver. Keep in mind that car insurance won't cover maintenance or general wear and tear.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:24 pm
I have a crap load of magazines, 30 40, 60 and even 100rnd magazines, should they be illegal?
Please explain why you feel you need all those bullets if you are not fighting in a war. What are they for?

Having all those bullets when you are not going to be involved in combat strikes me as being as weird as me having a lot of nails would be if I was never going to do any construction in wood that required them.

(I am genuinely puzzled.)
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Chap wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:12 pm
Atlanticmike wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:24 pm
I have a crap load of magazines, 30 40, 60 and even 100rnd magazines, should they be illegal?
Please explain why you feel you need all those bullets if you are not fighting in a war. What are they for?

Having all those bullets when you are not going to be involved in combat strikes me as being as weird as me having a lot of nails would be if I was never going to do any construction in wood that required them.

(I am genuinely puzzled.)
What else shouldn't I collect? How bout dollars? How many is to many? I constantly hear PROGRESSIVES complain about the top1% because they have so much more than everyone else. How bout children, should we limit the number of children a couple can have? How bout houses? Should environmentalist like Al Gore own more than one small house? Why would anyone calling themselves a environmentalist own more than one house. How bout cars? With a little sacrifice, a typical house hold can get by with one vehicle, home many cars do you own? Because I personally think you only need one.

I'm willing to give up a some of my ammo if you are willing to give up some of your excess money.

Seriously though. Once your prophet Joe Biden outlaws ammo, rounds that cost me 15 to $0.20 years ago will be worth 1 to $2 in a few years.
Physics Guy
God

Post by Physics Guy »

I've never been in combat but I was once trained as an infantry officer. A hundred-round magazine seems impractical for any individual weapon. Maybe for something tripod-mounted, but then you should really be belt-fed. Big drum magazines last saw service in WW1, I believe. Changing mags isn't hard. It's not as though you win the firefight with a continuous bullet stream.

It's even harder for me to imagine a good non-military use for hundred-round magazines. There are cheaper ways to make noise.
I was a teenager before it was cool.
Alf'Omega
2nd Counselor

Post by Alf'Omega »

Atlantic Mike is lying again. Kennesaw Georgia doesn't "require everyone" to own a gun.

The ordinance was passed in 1982 in response to news that a town in Illinois had banned handguns in the city. In other words, this was just a dumb political move in a town that only had a few thousand residents at the time. The number of murders for Kennesaw in 1981 was exactly ZERO, so anyone claiming this ordinance drastically reduced violent crime is just lying to you. But that's what shameless Right Wingers do.

Also, there is no evidence that gun ownership went up as a result, nor any evidence that it was enforced. The ordinance itself had so many exemptions that it truly was useless since anyone who disliked guns could be exempt on that basis alone.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Physics Guy wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:15 pm
I've never been in combat but I was once trained as an infantry officer. A hundred-round magazine seems impractical for any individual weapon. Maybe for something tripod-mounted, but then you should really be belt-fed. Big drum magazines last saw service in WW1, I believe. Changing mags isn't hard. It's not as though you win the firefight with a continuous bullet stream.

It's even harder for me to imagine a good non-military use for hundred-round magazines. There are cheaper ways to make noise.
That's sort of what I thought.

I suspect the main purpose is psychological for the guy who takes it out of its drawer and shows it to people he wishes to impress.

Like I said, guns are dull things. You squeeze the trigger, they go bang, and metal comes out of the other end very fast. There's lots of different sorts, but basically they all do that. So what?
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Chap wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:18 pm
Like I said, guns are dull things. You squeeze the trigger, they go bang, and metal comes out of the other end very fast. There's lots of different sorts, but basically they all do that. So what?
I’ve always had a similar feeling about weapons and firearms.

When I was around 12, my buddy brought his nunchucks and throwing stars to my house, because ninjas were the crap at the time, and he showed me how to twirl the ‘chuks around a bit. So I twirled them around a bit, and that was about as far as my desire went with regard to to twirling them around a bit and fantasizing about whacking an opponent on the head. We threw the stars a bit, too. We threw them at trees, my house, at some more trees, at the ground, my house a bit more, and the trees just in case they didn’t get the message.

And that was that.

While in service I shot all sorts of stuff. I even bought a couple of guns, though an AR-15 was almost purchased because I was shooting my service M4 quite bit and it had all the cool crap people spaz over, I thought I’d need to have for some vague reason. The urge to buy a rifle quickly passed because my buddies had their own AR-15s and I could fire them and not have to worry about cleaning them.

To be honest, I always had either a ‘this is a pain in the ass and I’d rather be doing something else’ feeling or just ‘meh’. No matter how many times I pointed a firearm at something and pulled the trigger I couldn’t find it interesting. You aim, pull the trigger (or press a button), an explosion happens, and then a projectile went that a way.

And then you had to clean the firearm. God I hated everything about that. Lame.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Also, lol@ a hundred-round magazine. Just get a FN M249S (civilian version of the SAW). If you’re going to lay down suppressing fire, just lay down and let the bipod carry the weight.

Hundred round magazine. :roll:

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.