A PROGRESSIVE NIGHTMARE! SMALL TOWN IN GEORGIA REQUIRED EVERYONE TO OWN A GUN

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Atlanticmike
God

A PROGRESSIVE NIGHTMARE! SMALL TOWN IN GEORGIA REQUIRED EVERYONE TO OWN A GUN

Post by Atlanticmike »

That's correct! Small Georgia town where everyone owned a firearm. Is the town more deadly then Chicago?? It has to be, correct? Nope!!
https://youtu.be/qRtVgsHiWyA

Warning!! If you're a progressive, this video could trigger you and cause you to think logically. Use extreme caution.
honorentheos
God

Re: A PROGRESSIVE NIGHTMARE! SMALL TOWN IN GEORGIA REQUIRED EVERYONE TO OWN A GUN

Post by honorentheos »

I'm triggered by the OP. Not so much about the gun ownership question in general. I'm triggered that a so-called conservative agrees with government forcing people to do something.

It suggests small government isn't a plank in the conservative platform any longer. Just compliant government willing to impose and enforce conservative ideals.
honorentheos
God

Re: A PROGRESSIVE NIGHTMARE! SMALL TOWN IN GEORGIA REQUIRED EVERYONE TO OWN A GUN

Post by honorentheos »

Hey, Atlanticmike,

Remember that one time you argued that vaccine mandates were communism? Those were good times.
Alf'Omega
2nd Counselor

Post by Alf'Omega »

dp
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

honorentheos wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:09 pm
It suggests small government isn't a plank in the conservative platform any longer. Just compliant government willing to impose and enforce conservative ideals.
Today's GOP stands for nothing except maintaining power and hating people who don't go along with their lies.

Small government? Fiscal responsibility? That's so 20th century. Of course, I stopped believing the GOP was conservative when I found out how much they want to spend on the US's biggest government program, the military.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Hi Atlanticmike,

So do you think it's appropriate for government to mandate gun ownership?
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

honorentheos wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:15 pm
Hi Atlanticmike,

So do you think it's appropriate for government to mandate gun ownership?
No! Definitely not. If you don't want a gun you shouldn't be forced to have one in the house. I know a lot of people who absolutely despise guns and that's totally fine.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Ok. So isn't this also a conservative nightmare, then?
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:11 pm

Warning!! If you're a progressive, this video could trigger you and cause you to think logically. Use extreme caution.
I don't think most progressives want all guns to be banned. You enjoy ridiculous straw man politics.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:11 pm
That's correct! Small Georgia town where everyone owned a firearm. Is the town more deadly then Chicago?? It has to be, correct? Nope!!
https://youtu.be/qRtVgsHiWyA

Define progressive.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!