These are the voyages of...William Shatner

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor Steuss
God

Re: These are the voyages of...William Shatner

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Migrating from the other thread:
MeDotOrg wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:24 pm
My favorite example of Shatner's bombast is the painfully over-the-top Mr. Tambourine Man.
The album that Shatner did with Ben Folds (Has Been) is something every Shatner fan should experience at least once.

The rendition of "Common People" includes a couple members of Pulp, as well as some Joe Jackson vocals.
Last edited by Doctor Steuss on Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Dupe.

Thwarted by the edit and quote buttons yet again.
Brack
Deacon

Post by Brack »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:36 pm
I have to fully endorse this mission. Ninety year old William Shatner, a.k.a. Captain James Kirk, first real trip into space. Live long and prosper, Captain.

'The Most Profound Experience': William Shatner Speaks After Blue Origin Spaceflight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTfQVMH5SuI

He is also known as the Big Giant Head. Link
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

That was a fun read, thanks Brack! I loved this
The Solomons first meet the Big Giant Head in person when he arrived by plane at their local airport, in an obviously agitated state. When asked about his flight, he responded "Horrifying, at first. I looked out the window and ... I saw something on the wing of the plane", to which Dick responded "The same thing happened to me!" This is a double reference. In an early episode, Dick attempts to fly for the first time and is frightened when he sees something on the wing of the plane. Both references are also to the Twilight Zone story "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet", which tells of a man on a commercial flight who is convinced he sees a creature on the plane's wing which no one else can see. Both William Shatner and John Lithgow (Dick) had previously played that Twilight Zone character; Shatner played it in the original 1963 TV series episode, and Lithgow played it in the 1983 movie remake.