CONCEALED CARRY 101 FOR ALL THE BETA MALE PROGRESSIVES WHO HATE OUR GOD GIVEN FREEDOM

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Atlanticmike
God

Re: CONCEALED CARRY 101 FOR ALL THE BETA MALE PROGRESSIVES WHO HATE OUR GOD GIVEN FREEDOM

Post by Atlanticmike »

honorentheos wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:46 pm
Cultellus wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:26 pm

I am calling it something with a lot of unknowns. Do you know that this guy deserved to have a hit put him and that he deserved for the hit to be fulfilled at that home in front of that woman and that child?
I would say it's not an example of lawful gun ownership when viewed in total. Since Atlanticmike described it as an example of how to defend ones family and the video talking heads called it a prevented home invasion, speculation beyond what is observed came with the opening post. Feel free to take Atlanticmike to task if that is your beef.
No matter if it was a "hit" or a home invasion, did the gun he was carrying help prevent harm to him and his family possibly? If it was a "hit", should he of just put his hands up and let the guy shoot him and possibly shoot his family? I don't know where you're going with this. No matter what, the guy defended his girlfriend/wife and also protected a child by shooting the guy. What do you think he should've done differently?

Also, what if you're correct and it was a hit. Did you ever consider the guy walking up to the house with his family could be a police officer and someone was trying to kill him? If he was a police officer, would that change your mind about him carrying a concealed weapon?
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: CONCEALED CARRY 101 FOR ALL THE BETA MALE PROGRESSIVES WHO HATE OUR GOD GIVEN FREEDOM

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Cool. One example of a man defending himself against an armed assailant. Cool cool cool.

This kid accidentally blew his brains out livestreaming on Instagram:

He was 13-years-old.

So. My one example neutralizes Atlantic Portapotty’s one example. A life for a life. See? The logic is flawless and unassailable.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

If it was a "hit", should he of just put his hands up and let the guy shoot him and possibly shoot his family?
Not at all. In context of choices that had been made up to that point, it apparently was a smart move. I would do the same, I hope.

What the "hit" acknowledgement diffuses, is the urgency for all viewers to go and do likewise. It's one thing to play on the fear of a home invasion where anyone could become a random target, and another to play on the fear of falling victim to a contract killing. I mean, if you're going to talk about people wearing masks as living in fear, what do you say of these "alphas" walking around with a gun in their front pocket on the chance they might become the target of a hit at any time? What kind of roofin' business would a person be running if that were a serious fear?

In addition, by confusing the scenarios, it presents an unlikely sequence of events for a home invasion, which in turn, suggests an unrealistic response.

According to threatscenarios.com on the topic of home invasion defense:
A properly trained guard dog is in many ways more versatile than a firearm. Man's best friend can alert you to impending threats to your home before they break in.
Sounds great to me. In addition to providing a warning, a lot of dogs out there needing a home so seems like a win-win to me.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

My point is simple
Your point confuses .308s with swords, and assumptions with inferences, and racism with 10 mph winds. And it confuses responses to A-Mike with responses to you.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

I wonder where the bad guy in this video got his gun from?

Judging from what some folks claim, there seems to be hordes of bad guys skulking about with guns. Is there a problem with how firearms are obtained or stored in this country?
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Cultellus wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:15 am
Gadianton wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:14 am

Not at all. In context of choices that had been made up to that point, it apparently was a smart move. I would do the same, I hope.

What the "hit" acknowledgement diffuses, is the urgency for all viewers to go and do likewise. It's one thing to play on the fear of a home invasion where anyone could become a random target, and another to play on the fear of falling victim to a contract killing. I mean, if you're going to talk about people wearing masks as living in fear, what do you say of these "alphas" walking around with a gun in their front pocket on the chance they might become the target of a hit at any time? What kind of roofin' business would a person be running if that were a serious fear?

In addition, by confusing the scenarios, it presents an unlikely sequence of events for a home invasion, which in turn, suggests an unrealistic response.

Sounds great to me. In addition to providing a warning, a lot of dogs out there needing a home so seems like a win-win to me.
What does fear have to do with it?

Good god Gad. This is another conflation of goulash. Did you just put all those words in a blender or did you stir them up by hand? Looks to me like you are confusing fear, masks, invasions, defense, concealed carry, and dogs.

This particular line: "In addition, by confusing the scenarios, it presents an unlikely sequence of events for a home invasion, which in turn, suggests an unrealistic response." Huh? TF what? Is there an unrealistic response to lethal threat? Huh? And if the events of that threat are unlikely, is any response unrealistic? This is just a mess. What the hell is your point?

My point is simple. The assumption that the shooter was living by the sword, is unfounded and has a hint of racism in the suggestion. It is absurd. The assumption that the shooter was unlawful, is unfounded. The assumption that this was a hit, is just an assumption. The improbability of a risk is a non-factor in the decisions of the people involved, it still happened. If someone wants to carry a weapon, I hope like hell they would do so with adequate training and that they would practice firearm safety. Having a gun in a pocket - not safe. Atlanticmike is still tasked on that point. Right Atlanticmike?

And, just for fun. I won a long range contest this weekend. I shot a .308 with a 18 inch barrel and hit targets at 1350 yards. I was using factory ammo. The conditions were clear with winds not in excess of 10 MPH. I outshot 6.5 Creedmoors, a 6.0 Creedmoor and a 6.5 PRC. I hit targets at 1000, 1200 and 1350 yards using less than ten rounds. Let's Go Brandon.
First, congratulations on winning your shooting contest. I'm terrible at shooting anything beyond 50 feet. We hunt with shotguns here on the Virginia/Carolina coast and 50 to 60 yards with a shotgun is a long shot to us😂. Is pocket carry the safest way to carry a pistol? No! But in my opinion, as long as you're carrying the correct gun in the correct holster with nothing else ever going in the pocket, pocket carry is safe. I carry an inexpensive Keltec P-3AT 380 and my gun has a 7lbs trigger pull which is plenty heavy and perfect for pocket carry while riding in a cheap foam holster. In my opinion, pocket carry is safer than open carry unless you open carry in a level 2 or 3 holster, which most guys don't use. Most guys that open carry in my neck of the woods use kydex holsters. Personally, I wouldn't carry open, but if I did I wouldn't carry in a holster that doesn't have some sort of safety you have to engage to remove the pistol.

Ok. Here's one thing I've learned over the past 20 years. Just because someone has a LEO badge, doesn't mean they know how to safely handle a pistol. It cracks me up up when someone, sorry, it's usually (but not always) a liberal that thinks just because someone has a badge, they automatically know how to handle a gun safer than someone who doesn't carry a badge. So here's my question! Let's say you walk into a convenience store and you walk up to the coffee counter and there's a police officer with a gun and a badge. Most people don't give it a second thought because the badge comforts them and gives them what I think is a false sense of security. Personally, I feel safer when I go into a convenience store and I see a citizen open carrying or I see a gun printing through a shirt. That's just me. I don't like when the government are the only ones who have the weapons. Doesn't comfort me at all.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Gadianton wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:14 am
If it was a "hit", should he of just put his hands up and let the guy shoot him and possibly shoot his family?

A properly trained guard dog is in many ways more versatile than a firearm. Man's best friend can alert you to impending threats to your home before they break in.
I agree with about a dog being a great deterrent to robbers. So are security cameras, proper lighting, proper locks and hardened doors. We have one room upstairs and down stairs that have a piece of 1inch plywood hanging behind a bedroom door. It's my "redneck" safe room for my daughter's to run into incase an intruder comes into the house. They run into the room, close the regular door, then swing the hinged plywood against the door and put a 2x4 across the plywood. The room has a dedicated cell phone that stays plugged in, it's in the closet so they can call 911. Years ago when I put the plywood up I actually bought a cheap interior door and hung it up to see if I could kick it in, then tried it with my plywood door behind it. The regular interior door by it's self is totally useless. With my plywood door behind it I couldn't break into the room. I would've needed a saw to get into the room. Incase you're wondering, yes, my wife wasn't happy I hung a piece of plywood in a bedroom😁. But, I ended up painting it and it didn't look so bad. Then, I hung a full length mirror on it so now it kinda looks like it's suppose to be there.
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:29 pm

Ok. Here's one thing I've learned over the past 20 years. Just because someone has a LEO badge, doesn't mean they know how to safely handle a pistol. It cracks me up up when someone, sorry, it's usually (but not always) a liberal that thinks just because someone has a badge, they automatically know how to handle a gun safer than someone who doesn't carry a badge. So here's my question! Let's say you walk into a convenience store and you walk up to the coffee counter and there's a police officer with a gun and a badge. Most people don't give it a second thought because the badge comforts them and gives them what I think is a false sense of security. Personally, I feel safer when I go into a convenience store and I see a citizen open carrying or I see a gun printing through a shirt. That's just me. I don't like when the government are the only ones who have the weapons. Doesn't comfort me at all.
1) If you can see the gun through their t-shirt then that's a story about two people who failed to understand the concealed carry concept. It's considered a form of intimidation. You might as well be brandishing. In your parlance it is "beta male behavior".

2) Many LEOs are veterans and know how to handle weapons that civilians never have a chance to touch.

3) The compartmental thinking (often mislabeled as cognitive dissonance) is off the charts here. You feel unsafe around a cop with a gun, but BLM is racist? People like you hate the "defund the police people", love "law and order", but want unfettered gun access. Not to mention you say you feel safer knowing a person with no training has a gun instead of a local cop that might know how to use it. I thought you guys love state rights and small government. The cops are part of that, you know. The list goes on, so I shall continue. You call yourselves patriots, but deny the Jan 6 attempted coup. Replacing the flag with Trump and confederate flags was ok, but the flag was disrespected by a football player kneeling during the national anthem. Is kneeling disrespectful? Better pray on your feet and sing I Wish I was in Dixie then...
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Father Francis wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:20 pm
Atlanticmike wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:29 pm

1) If you can see the gun through their t-shirt then that's a story about two people who failed to understand the concealed carry concept. It's considered a form of intimidation. You might as well be brandishing. In your parlance it is "beta male behavior".

2) Many LEOs are veterans and know how to handle weapons that civilians never have a chance to touch.

3) The compartmental thinking (often mislabeled as cognitive dissonance) is off the charts here. You feel unsafe around a cop with a gun, but BLM is racist? People like you hate the "defund the police people", love "law and order", but want unfettered gun access. Not to mention you say you feel safer knowing a person with no training has a gun instead of a local cop that might know how to use it. I thought you guys love state rights and small government. The cops are part of that, you know. The list goes on, so I shall continue. You call yourselves patriots, but deny the Jan 6 attempted coup. Replacing the flag with Trump and confederate flags was ok, but the flag was disrespected by a football player kneeling during the national anthem. Is kneeling disrespectful? Better pray on your feet and sing I Wish I was in Dixie then...
God dxxm you watch a lot of PROGRESSIVE cult TV. Open your mind, that's s lot of black/white thinking you got there. Here's what I'll tell you about police officers/departments/prosecutors. They are definitely needed, without a doubt. But!! They are part of the government and they can reach out and touch really anytime they want. One thing I taught my daughter's when they started driving is to never offer up information if they are questioned by a police officer. A police officers job is to collect as much information as possible when interviewing someone. I actually took my daughter's to our lawyer and let him explain what to do/say when confronted by law enforcement. My daughter's understand that if they "disobey" an unlawful order from a police officer, they might end up in jail. They understand their rights. But just because I've taught them all this doesn't mean I hate the police. It means I understand police officers are human, even when on duty. Police offices don't become super human when they put on a badge. Their emotions aren't stored in a special box while on duty. They're not lawyers, they don't know the law quite as well as they should. They make mistakes on duty just like when off duty. It's our responsibility as citizens to understand that. Police departments/fire departments are some of the most fxxxed up organizations you can be apart of. Why? They're government!! Ask any sergeant/lieutenant/captain. The inner workings of most police departments is like a huge soap opera. Here's another example. I've hung out with a lot of Navy Seals. To the average citizen watching TV, seals are almost like super humans. Why? Because they're glorified on TV. Don't get me wrong, seals are an elite fighting force and definitely should be considered heroes for what they do for this country. But if you ever get a chance to talk to a Master Chief or lieutenant, you'll realize seals are no different than any other group, they have major problems and there's drama throughout the seal community just like any other group. My point being, given someone a badge, a gun, authority doesn't make them "special" or "super human". Yes, training helps tremendously, but it's still our responsibility as citizens to recognize a badge doesn't mean the person behind it is always correct or even knows what they are doing.

So yes, in my opinion every citizen should be a little cautious around a police officer when he/she is on duty. It's our responsibility to be cautious and question our government no matter if that official is in a uniform our a $3000 Hickey Freeman suit. Just so you know, I felt this way before BLM even started. BLM Is a marxist organization that hates this country and wants to start over and they would be happy if this country was totally dismantled so they could make it into a marxist Utopia.
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

I don't watch tv and you didn't address most of what I said despite the mental vomit you spewed forth.

I am a gun owner, and as a "progressive" I am also suspicious of government.

I also have several friends and family that were members of the military in various roles (including special forces), but recognize that doesn't make me a representative for them.