Political Text Messages

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Political Text Messages

Post by Jersey Girl »

Anyone getting these pretty frequently? I got a ton of them leading up to the 2020 election and then some afterwards about raising funds to oppose the so-called rigged election. I got one today that got a total eye roll from me. :roll:
Shipping Confirmation Required! We reserved Trump Wrapping Paper exclusively for you, Friend. Please let us know if you will use it, or we will give it to another Trump patriot. Reply needed in the next hour. Accept (link).
Oh yeah. I desperately need "Make Christmas Great Again", "Fire Pelosi!", "HO HO HO it's gunna be yuge" for the holiday season. Send that crap to me ASAP!

To be fair, I was mildly amused at the image of Trump as elf on the shelf.

:lol:
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Cultellus

Re: Political Text Messages

Post by Cultellus »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:22 pm
Anyone getting these pretty frequently? I got a ton of them leading up to the 2020 election and then some afterwards about raising funds to oppose the so-called rigged election. I got one today that got a total eye roll from me. :roll:
Shipping Confirmation Required! We reserved Trump Wrapping Paper exclusively for you, Friend. Please let us know if you will use it, or we will give it to another Trump patriot. Reply needed in the next hour. Accept (link).
Oh yeah. I desperately need "Make Christmas Great Again", "Fire Pelosi!", "HO HO HO it's gunna be yuge" for the holiday season. Send that crap to me ASAP!

This is offensive. Political text messages that promote gifting should promote safe practices, including supporting candidates that agree that all gifts should be wrapped in surgical masks wrapped in N95 masks and they should not be opened in the presence of more than one vaccinated person only. Sending out wrapping paper is accomplicing murder and genocide. Everybody knows that. Political text messages from candidates that are willing to send more text messages and pass laws that restrict gifting during a pandemic are welcome.
Last edited by Cultellus on Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Cultellus wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:35 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:22 pm

This is offensive. All gifts should be wrapped in surgical masks wrapped in N95 masks and they should not be opened in the presence of more than one vaccinated person only. Sending out wrapping paper is accomplicing murder and genocide. Everybody knows that.
Did you have a comment to make about political text messages? Yanno, the topic of the thread?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:37 pm
Cultellus wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:35 pm

This is offensive. All gifts should be wrapped in surgical masks wrapped in N95 masks and they should not be opened in the presence of more than one vaccinated person only. Sending out wrapping paper is accomplicing murder and genocide. Everybody knows that.
Did you have a comment to make about political text messages? Yanno, the topic of the thread?
I thought the topic was politically tinged wrapping paper advertising. But don't worry. I will edit my post.

ETA: Accomplished.

I wonder if we will be able to buy gifts or wrapping paper this Christmas season. I hope politicians send out messages if supplies dwindle. I would wrap TP in that Trump paper and give it to people if it becomes scarce.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Cultellus wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:39 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:

I thought the topic was politically tinged wrapping paper advertising. But don't worry. I will edit my post.

I wonder if we will be able to buy gifts or wrapping paper this Christmas season. I hope politicians send out messages if supplies dwindle. I would wrap TP in that Trump paper and give it to people if it becomes scarce.
Anyone getting these pretty frequently?

Slava Ukraini!
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Cultellus wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:39 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:

Both gifts can be combined into one, now.

Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

I've received maybe 5 of those kinds of texts in the last year or so.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

I have no idea why the Trump campaign continues to treat their Base like obsequious betas (to use Atlanticmike’s term), or why his Base wants to be treated that way.

6DD272F2-14D6-4E00-9F35-78456BA1D2A2.jpeg
6DD272F2-14D6-4E00-9F35-78456BA1D2A2.jpeg (75.56 KiB) Viewed 610 times