Vaccinated and Dead Thread

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Cultellus

Re: Vaccinated and Dead Thread

Post by Cultellus »

Nothing is off topic or off limits on any thread that I start. NOTHING!

Your lack of cooperation is your cooperation. Thanks in advance.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

I would imagine that statistically, the chances of dying after receiving a Covid vaccine are about the same as finding a Colin Powell Republican in the modern GOP.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:29 pm
I would imagine that statistically, the chances of dying after receiving a Covid vaccine are about the same as finding a Colin Powell Republican in the modern GOP.
Nice.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:05 pm
RIP, General Powell. :(

- Doc
Amen.
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Lol. I can't believe he was in the Republican party as long as he was. He was pro abortion and affirmative action long before Trump. It is interesting to see the liberals showing so much love for someone at least partly responsible for George Bush's war crimes and starting the Iraq war.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

:roll: damned Xanax.

Yeah, I really do wonder why Liberals would respect and admire Gen. Powell?
Powell's last assignment, from October 1989 to September 1993, was as the 12th chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the highest military position in the Department of Defense … His civilian awards included the Presidential Medal of Freedom (twice), the Congressional Gold Medal, the Presidential Citizens Medal, the Secretary of State Distinguished Service Medal, and the Secretary of Energy Distinguished Service Medal. Several schools and other institutions were named in his honor, and he held honorary degrees from universities and colleges across the country. In 2016, while not a candidate for that year's election, he received three electoral votes from Washington for the office of President of the United States.
I remember hoping he’d run for President back in ‘95. At the time I thought he’d be a good middle-of-the-road guy and help shorten the gap between the Left a d Right. I wonder what that might’ve been like …

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Hawkeye wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:19 pm
MeDotOrg wrote:
Lol. I can't believe he was in the Republican party as long as he was. He was pro abortion and affirmative action long before Trump. It is interesting to see the liberals showing so much love for someone at least partly responsible for George Bush's war crimes and starting the Iraq war.
Did you mean to say he was pro choice?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:00 pm
Hawkeye wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:19 pm

Did you mean to say he was pro choice?

Yeah
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Morley
God
Location: Raphael, Saint Catherine of Alexandria, 1507–1509 (detail)

Post by Morley »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:53 pm

I remember hoping he’d run for President back in ‘95. At the time I thought he’d be a good middle-of-the-road guy and help shorten the gap between the Left a d Right. I wonder what that might’ve been like …
So did I.

May you rest in peace, Gen. Powell.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:56 pm
Gadianton wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:47 pm

Alternatively, Ajax, you can tell your friends and relatives to leave the de-worming meds for horses and take the vaccines. I'd probably compromise and say get 90% vaccination rates and drop all mask mandates.
One of the things that hurt the Left’s argument against taking Ivermectin is that it’s been a miracle drug that hundreds of millions, if not billions of people, have taken to combat parasitic infections:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl ... po=1.11111

The link above is an excellent breakout or breakdown of the drug and its beneficial uses. I’m all for people taking Ivermectin if prescribed by a physician. Granted, if they just get the shot the amount of people turning to Ivermectin to combat the Covid-19 virus would be vanishingly small.

- Doc
The argument against using Ivermectin as a treatment for or prophylactic against COVID-19 has nothing to do with right or left. I don't think "the left" has ever said doctor's shouldn't prescribe Ivermectin to combat parasites and that patients shouldn't take it to treat parasites. The problem with Ivermectin is that, with respect to COVID-19, it's snake oil being promoted by a relatively small advocacy group of doctors to people who still haven't been vaccinated. The harm is that, instead of getting vaccinated and, if needed, seeking medical treatment, they are counting on snake oil to protect them and their families and friends. Ask your doctor if recommending Ivermectin in place of vaccination meets the medical standard of care.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.