Vaccinated and Dead Thread

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gunnar
God

Re: Vaccinated and Dead Thread

Post by Gunnar »

honorentheos wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:57 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:05 pm
RIP, General Powell. :(

- Doc
Amen.
You can add my Amen to yours. I don't necessarily agree with everything he said or did, but I have no doubt he was an honorable and basically honest man. He is one of the few Republicans I would have seriously considered voting for, had he ever run for President. The contrast between him and Trump could hardly be more stark!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:20 pm
The argument against using Ivermectin as a treatment for or prophylactic against COVID-19 has nothing to do with right or left. I don't think "the left" has ever said doctor's shouldn't prescribe Ivermectin to combat parasites and that patients shouldn't take it to treat parasites. The problem with Ivermectin is that, with respect to COVID-19, it's snake oil being promoted by a relatively small advocacy group of doctors to people who still haven't been vaccinated. The harm is that, instead of getting vaccinated and, if needed, seeking medical treatment, they are counting on snake oil to protect them and their families and friends. Ask your doctor if recommending Ivermectin in place of vaccination meets the medical standard of care.
Agreed. I see folks reacting less so to the idea of ivermectin's potential usefulness, and more so towards the bizarre inconsistency exhibited by its promoters.
  • Anti-vaxxers might claim distrust over Big Pharma's involvement with the vaccine, yet Big Pharma manufactures ivermectin.
  • Anti-vaxxers might say that they "don't know what's in the vaccine", but then aren't able to discuss the ingredients in ivermectin.
  • Anti-vaxxers might say that they reject the vaccine on the claim that it was produced from human stem cells derived from abortions (it was not) yet have had no issue receiving chickenpox, rubella and hepatitis vaccines (which were developed using stem cells).
  • Anti-vaxxers might say that people who opt for vaccination are 'fearful', yet those same anti-vaxxers will freely spread fear and misinformation about the vaccine supposedly doing anything and everything detrimental, from miscarriages to death, before scrambling off to the feed store in a panicked mass, to clear the shelves of ivermectin.
Add all of this to the bizarre blind trust in unproven ivermectin anecdote versus the track record of the vaccine, and it ends up being a strange spectacle to behold.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Why did she say this?

https://mobile.Twitter.com/us_fda/statu ... 0243192839

and

https://www.yahoo.com/now/joe-rogan-con ... 06533.html
Joe Rogan appears to have fully recovered from his recent bout with COVID-19 and is clearly upset with how the media reported his use of the controversial drug, Ivermectin. Just last week Rogan announced he had tested positive for COVID-19 and taken Ivermectin, a drug routinely used to deworm horses. It’s also frowned upon for human use according to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
That last bit is a lie. Ivermectin is given to immigrants who come to this country. Millions have got it. Its creator won a Nobel prize. Like I said hundreds of millions, possibly billions, have received this drug and been fine.

The Left, while appropriately mocking those that are consuming horse paste, have often gone too far in its condemnation of the drug itself as dangerous to humans. They’re ignorant and ignorantly promoting a falsehood. This has a backfire effect that further entrenches the idiots on the Right, and ultimately hurts our ability to get most people on the Right vaccinated.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:54 am

Why did she say this?

https://mobile.Twitter.com/us_fda/statu ... 0243192839

and

https://www.yahoo.com/now/joe-rogan-con ... 06533.html
Joe Rogan appears to have fully recovered from his recent bout with COVID-19 and is clearly upset with how the media reported his use of the controversial drug, Ivermectin. Just last week Rogan announced he had tested positive for COVID-19 and taken Ivermectin, a drug routinely used to deworm horses. It’s also frowned upon for human use according to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
That last bit is a lie. Ivermectin is given to immigrants who come to this country. Millions have got it. Its creator won a Nobel prize. Like I said hundreds of millions, possibly billions, have received this drug and been fine.

The Left, while appropriately mocking those that are consuming horse paste, have often gone too far in its condemnation of the drug itself as dangerous to humans. They’re ignorant and ignorantly promoting a falsehood. This has a backfire effect that further entrenches the idiots on the Right, and ultimately hurts our ability to get most people on the Right vaccinated.

- Doc
Yes! Amen and hallefuckinluia.
Alf'Omega
2nd Counselor

Post by Alf'Omega »

Res Ipsa wrote:
The argument against using Ivermectin as a treatment for or prophylactic against COVID-19 has nothing to do with right or left. I don't think "the left" has ever said doctor's shouldn't prescribe Ivermectin to combat parasites and that patients shouldn't take it to treat parasites.
They haven't. This is just manufactured outrage by Rogan and other podcasters who are trying to make a mountain out of a molehill simply because CNN is one of their favorite punching bags.
Res Ipsa wrote:
The problem with Ivermectin is that, with respect to COVID-19, it's snake oil being promoted by a relatively small advocacy group of doctors to people who still haven't been vaccinated. The harm is that, instead of getting vaccinated and, if needed, seeking medical treatment, they are counting on snake oil to protect them and their families and friends. Ask your doctor if recommending Ivermectin in place of vaccination meets the medical standard of care.
Bingo. That's the problem. But the "Left" is justified in mocking the Right because they're easily swayed by snake oil prescriptions from shady doctors but they won't heed vaccination advice from the vast majority of the medical profession. Last year it was Z-pak, Hydroxychloroquine or Remdesivir. This year it is Ivermectin, which is commonly used to deworm livestock. And yes, some have actually been taking the Ivermectin prescribed by veterinarians. Rogan thinks that he caught CNN in a lie? No, he doesn't. He isn't that stupid. What CNN said was true. The clip he played had the CNN host make several incontrovertible truths.

1. Rogan took Ivermectin among several other drugs in the "kitchen sink."
2. Ivermectin is a drug commonly used to deworm livestock.
3. The FDA has warned against taking this drug to treat COVID.

All three are true. Rogan is just upset because he has a cult following and CNN threw him under the bus because Ivermectin "the horse drug" was the narrative of the week.
Alf'Omega
2nd Counselor

Post by Alf'Omega »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:54 am

That last bit is a lie.
That last bit was from a Yahoo article written by "MMAWeekly.com Staff," not CNN.

Yahoo News is more Right wing than Left from what I've gathered.
The Left, while appropriately mocking those that are consuming horse paste, have often gone too far in its condemnation of the drug itself as dangerous to humans.
I don't know anyone on the left doing that beyond citing the warning from the FDA.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

I see stuff like this all over the Interweb:

I feel like you’re being disingenuous right now.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Alf'Omega
2nd Counselor

Post by Alf'Omega »

Well I'm not. I just don't measure "the left" based on random memes created by God knows who. The thread was based on the lie that CNN lied.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

-_- It ain’t a Trump supporter making that.

Dude. Leftists or Liberals or what the “F” ever we’re calling people opposite of the Right these days are not only mocking the Right over Ivermectin, but a lot of them in the media are just straight fabricating stories like the above.

It does the Left no good to lie about an issue that doesn’t need embellishment.

- Doc
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Also, CNN ran chyrons reading, “Joe Rogan, controversial podcast host, says he has COVID, taking unproven de-worming drug.” and, “ Joe Rogan says he has COVID, taking livestock drug despite warnings.”

Those are lies, and no retraction that I’m aware of has been made.

- Doc