I Don't Believe You

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
canpakes
God

Re: I Don't Believe You

Post by canpakes »

Cultellus wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:50 am
I stand by that. Every word of it. Damn, that was a great point I made. I should not have deleted it.

You should reach out to the folks that you named, and ask them if they’re buying what you’re selling. ; )
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Cultellus wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:50 am
Lem wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:42 am

He's been pretty specific about that lie, also, as I recall. Here's an example. He's deleted the original, of course, but from a quote of him:
I stand by that. Every word of it. Damn, that was a great point I made. I should not have deleted it.
That’s okay, canpakes explained it for you.
canpakes wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:59 pm

Your gaslighting isn’t fooling folks. You picked Doc out of the crowd based on his perceived left-of-center politics, then tried to fashion him as a homophobic racist as cover for your mistaken assumptions and crappy behavior. All because you felt injured over the how you believed the board leaned, politically.
They also suggested you confirm your version with the people you mentioned. That would work, too.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Another weird phenomenon is how certain people interpret resistance to their bad behavior as partisan. This has been amplified by Trump. Apparently, being a right winger involves being an asshole, and if you call them out for being an asshole, they interpret it as, "Well, this person just disagrees with my politics."

Here's a newsflash: no, it's not partisan politics. It's because you behave like assholes. Most people's objection to Trump had nothing to do with politics and everything to do with him being an incompetent pile of crap.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Some Schmo wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:53 pm
Another weird phenomenon is how certain people interpret resistance to their bad behavior as partisan. This has been amplified by Trump. Apparently, being a right winger involves being an asshole, and if you call them out for being an asshole, they interpret it as, "Well, this person just disagrees with my politics."

Here's a newsflash: no, it's not partisan politics. It's because you behave like assholes. Most people's objection to Trump had nothing to do with politics and everything to do with him being an incompetent pile of crap.
Trump was an asshole. He was also a douchebag and a dick. He was definitely an asshole. No question about it.

ETA: Present tense also applies.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Some Schmo wrote:
Most people's objection to Trump had nothing to do with politics and everything to do with him being an incompetent pile of crap.

Are you trying to tell me that a man who was born a millionaire, hires illegal immigrants to maintain landscaping and work within his properties, takes his craps in a gold toilet, passes off a billion dollars of debt on to the shoulders of ordinary tax-paying Americans, and outsources the manufacturing of nearly all of his branded junk to foreign countries is not the Populist Man of the People that he paints himself to be?

Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

canpakes wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:05 pm
Some Schmo wrote:
Most people's objection to Trump had nothing to do with politics and everything to do with him being an incompetent pile of crap.
Are you trying to tell me that a man who was born a millionaire, hires illegal immigrants to maintain landscaping and work within his properties, takes his craps in a gold toilet, passes off a billion dollars of debt on to the shoulders of ordinary tax-paying Americans, and outsources the manufacturing of nearly all of his branded junk to foreign countries is not the Populist Man of the People that he paints himself to be?
Sure he is! You just have to believe what he says and ignore all related facts about him, and then it's easy to believe he's a man of the people.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Some Schmo wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:00 pm
canpakes wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:05 pm

Sure he is! You just have to believe what he says and ignore all related facts about him, and then it's easy to believe he's a man of the people.
How many people do you employ? Is your answer none, zilch, nada? You live a very simple life which means you have very few people judging your existence, your motives, every little decision you make. But here you are judging a man who employs 4,000 people. I've said it before, Trump is an asshole who is very well educated in assholery. But some assholes are very important to society and Trump is one of those assholes. Most men or women who employ 100s or 1000s of people need to have a little bit of asshole in them to be able to deal with all the stress and criticism thrown at them on a daily basis. Stop being such a sissy! I dare you to go start a business and employ just 50 people! Let's see how you handle the stress.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:26 pm
Some Schmo wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:00 pm

How many people do you employ? Is your answer none, zilch, nada? You live a very simple life which means you have very few people judging your existence, your motives, every little decision you make. But here you are judging a man who employs 4,000 people. I've said it before, Trump is an asshole who is very well educated in assholery. But some assholes are very important to society and Trump is one of those assholes. Most men or women who employ 100s or 1000s of people need to have a little bit of asshole in them to be able to deal with all the stress and criticism thrown at them on a daily basis. Stop being such a sissy! I dare you to go start a business and employ just 50 people! Let's see how you handle the stress.

I’ve known more than a few folks who have a business employing over 50 people who don’t hire illegal immigrants to maintain landscaping and work within their properties, nor take their craps in a gold toilet, nor pass off a billion dollars of debt on to the shoulders of ordinary tax-paying Americans, nor outsource the manufacture of name-branded junk to foreign countries.

They might have their asshole moments, but all of them would be a better pick as the moral and political idol of, say, the Evangelical community, than Donnie Trump.

Seriously, why would you be so beholden to the guy? Because he’s an asshole, or because he’s an asshole who’s a tax evader and debt abuser, that hires illegals, has cheated on two ex-wives, and used his office to divide Americans? What did I miss? : D

Funny thing is, you’ve probably paid more out of your pocket to cover his pawned-off tax debt and abuse of government services than you have paid out to cover the cost of social services for your neighbors.