I Don't Believe You

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Cultellus

Re: I Don't Believe You

Post by Cultellus »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:13 pm
Cultellus wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:46 pm

Is this a rule you made up, using your awthoreetay as Patrolperson of the Board?

I have used delete and edit interchangeably, as others have on this board. I clarified that the process allows posts that have not been answered to be deleted, but one can only edit a post after someone has subsequently posted in the thread.

At no point, ever, in my life or in my contribution to this board, have I claimed to be intellectual. I am NOT intellectual at all. I am just a guy whose dad was a Vietnam era army draftee who died from addictions and disease, I was raised by a very young single mother, didn't finish high school with my class, barely graduated from college because I was working 70 hours a week while in school and scrambled like hell to get anything. I am an alcoholic with a brutal disease that could have taken my life, and I let it get that bad. So yeah, say whatever the Screw you want, Jersey. But rules that apply to intellectuals do not apply to me, because I ain't.
Congrats. I turned off the Laundrie case breaking news to answer the above post. Don't worry, this won't take long.

Here you are trying to appeal to and take advantage (at the very least) traits of my personality make up that you've no doubt seen on this board. Don't even TRY that with me. Because on the list of my great and not so great traits, is the fact that I can read you like a damned book. There's nothing wrong with my observation skills, my ability to collect and record information over time, recall it and assess it. Try not to forget that about me. It will serve you well in the future. Did you think I didn't know what you were doing when you approached me the first time?

I don't give a crap how knocked around you were in childhood, how many afflictions you suffer from, how hard you worked or whatever else crap you think you're going to lay on me. Nothing in your list of crap justifies the way you've conducted yourself on this board.

What I give a crap about is honesty. And if you can't be that here or you can't be that with me, I will never take seriously anything that comes out of your keyboard/pad. Why? Because it's a damned waste of my time and heartbeats.

All that said, had you come in here and early on decided to disclose even parts of your history by relating to us here and allowing us to relate to you, I and others would have met you with a sense of compassion and understanding. But you didn't do that. You came in here crapping up the place because that's how you get your rocks off. Good for you, buddy. And now you lay your crap on us to try to wiggle out of the hole you've dug for yourself and why? Because you discovered this place is worth something.

Yes, this place is worth something. That's why you've seen myself and others identify your trolling. That's why you've seen myself and others push for a restored mod team. Because it's worth something and so are WE worth something to the reader/lurker and to each other.

This board doesn't make itself. WE are the board. WE make the board. And when you and your ilk blow in here and try to crap up the place, claiming you are here to fix us, you're going to get push back in spades and in various forms, because this place is worth something to the people who read and post here.

Keep that in mind going forward and don't ever try to manipulate me like that again. I'm a whole lot of things, a pushover isn't one of them.
Manipulated? Victimized much?

I am not in a hole. I am not manipulating anyone. I find it interesting that merely rejecting your terms, is considered a manipulation. Well, I reject your terms and conditions. I could not have been more transparent about what I am doing here. Your judgment of my honesty is not relevant. Deal with what is actually said and done. Your feelings about my feelings are not factual.
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Some Schmo wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:24 pm
Lem wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:05 pm
Being intellectually honest doesn't require being an intellectual.
He'd probably be less confused if Jersey Girl went with "unintellectually honest."

I have to admit, I'm amused by the idea that someone believes you don't have to be honest with yourself if you aren't an intellectual.
Schmo, do you still let your bishop judge you and determine your worthiness for a temple recommend? I don’t.

Want to know why?
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Cultellus wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:26 pm
I find it interesting that merely rejecting your terms, is considered a manipulation.

Don’t forget that it’s also dishonest, in the special way that you did it. And with a dash of your own victimization and then sense of entitlement for it, as well.
Snazzip
Sunbeam

Post by Snazzip »

Cultellus wrote:

I am not in a hole. I am not manipulating anyone. I find it interesting that merely rejecting your terms, is considered a manipulation. Well, I reject your terms and conditions. I could not have been more transparent about what I am doing here. Your judgment of my honesty is not relevant. Deal with what is actually said and done. Your feelings about my feelings are not factual.
Google Translate Cultellus->English wrote: Image
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Cultellus wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:26 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:13 pm

Congrats. I turned off the Laundrie case breaking news to answer the above post. Don't worry, this won't take long.

Here you are trying to appeal to and take advantage (at the very least) traits of my personality make up that you've no doubt seen on this board. Don't even TRY that with me. Because on the list of my great and not so great traits, is the fact that I can read you like a damned book. There's nothing wrong with my observation skills, my ability to collect and record information over time, recall it and assess it. Try not to forget that about me. It will serve you well in the future. Did you think I didn't know what you were doing when you approached me the first time?

I don't give a crap how knocked around you were in childhood, how many afflictions you suffer from, how hard you worked or whatever else crap you think you're going to lay on me. Nothing in your list of crap justifies the way you've conducted yourself on this board.

What I give a crap about is honesty. And if you can't be that here or you can't be that with me, I will never take seriously anything that comes out of your keyboard/pad. Why? Because it's a damned waste of my time and heartbeats.

All that said, had you come in here and early on decided to disclose even parts of your history by relating to us here and allowing us to relate to you, I and others would have met you with a sense of compassion and understanding. But you didn't do that. You came in here crapping up the place because that's how you get your rocks off. Good for you, buddy. And now you lay your crap on us to try to wiggle out of the hole you've dug for yourself and why? Because you discovered this place is worth something.

Yes, this place is worth something. That's why you've seen myself and others identify your trolling. That's why you've seen myself and others push for a restored mod team. Because it's worth something and so are WE worth something to the reader/lurker and to each other.

This board doesn't make itself. WE are the board. WE make the board. And when you and your ilk blow in here and try to crap up the place, claiming you are here to fix us, you're going to get push back in spades and in various forms, because this place is worth something to the people who read and post here.

Keep that in mind going forward and don't ever try to manipulate me like that again. I'm a whole lot of things, a pushover isn't one of them.
Get this. Your inability to play and honest hand, i.e., your low self esteem isn't my responsibility.
I am not in a hole.
Yes you are. And you're in deep.
I am not manipulating anyone. I find it interesting that merely rejecting your terms, is considered a manipulation.
Your manipulation has nothing to do with rejecting terms here. Your manipulation can be found in the personal history (true or not) that you posted between the lines of your so-called rejection. Your manipulation can be found the first time you tried to approach me using a similar tactic.
Well, I reject your terms and conditions.
I reject your dishonesty.
I could not have been more transparent about what I am doing here.
You are a shape shifter. One that is not to be taken seriously regardless of what form you take.
Your judgment of my honesty is not relevant.
When it's obvious, it's relevant.
Deal with what is actually said and done.
Sure. You go first.

Your feelings about my feelings are not factual.
I posted my thoughts, not my feelings.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Some Schmo wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:24 pm
Lem wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:05 pm
Being intellectually honest doesn't require being an intellectual.
He'd probably be less confused if Jersey Girl went with "unintellectually honest."

I have to admit, I'm amused by the idea that someone believes you don't have to be honest with yourself if you aren't an intellectual.
He wouldn't recognize honesty in any of it's many forms, nor is he capable of producing it.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

On a side note, cheers to Cutellus graduating from alcoholic to dry drunk!

Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:04 pm

Thanks man.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Anyone who has done that deserves praise for having done something good for himself, and hence for those around him.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Chap wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:35 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Anyone who has done that deserves praise for having done something good for himself, and hence for those around him.

Just fill those glasses with the right stuff, please. : )