I Don't Believe You

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Some Schmo
God

Re: I Don't Believe You

Post by Some Schmo »

canpakes wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:52 pm
Beer without alcohol is like a pretty sports car without an engine. It might look tempting, but it won't get you anywhere.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Cultellus wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:15 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:04 pm
On a side note, cheers to Cutellus graduating from alcoholic to dry drunk!

Thanks man.
Do you see who he is yet?

He is none of the things you accused him of being. It is just as I said. Repeatedly.
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Some Schmo wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:09 pm
canpakes wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:52 pm
Beer without alcohol is like a pretty sports car without an engine. It might look tempting, but it won't get you anywhere.

Agreed. But the can is pretty, and makes for a good target at 1000 yards when testing your PRC stock.
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Xeno - Your posts in this thread were thoughtful, thought provoking, and valuable, in my opinion. Appreciated!

(Edited due to Schmo's below post - my ignorance)
Last edited by ceeboo on Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Um, why do I get the feeling certain people aren't familiar with The Dry Drunk?
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Some Schmo wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:59 pm
Um, why do I get the feeling certain people aren't familiar with The Dry Drunk?
I was right. I am not intellectual.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

To address but one of the many issues from our social justice warrior:
Cultellus wrote: Do you remember Doc's post with black woman...
Even though Cultellus knows this, and everybody else knows this, and everybody knows Cultellus knows this, Cultellus might not know that everybody knows he knows this.

Nobody on the forum is a more vocal critic of racism and far-right racist antics than Doc Cam. The fact that he either calls attention to what's going on at /pol/ and other gray web outlets, or posts related materials ironically or in response to far-right views posted here that appear influenced or share commonalities, does not make he himself racist. Where the line is on what's appropriate to post and what's not ironically, or as hyperbole to mock other posters; I'm not an expert on where that line is; but context is enough to tell what the intent was behind what was posted, and it's obviously not racism.

If Ajax and Doc Cam post the same white supremacy meme, it's different because Ajax is supporting the message where Doc Cam is making fun of it, mocking the low mentality of those who are into that stuff.

To try to pin racism on Doc Cam when it's obviously not the case, and either overlook or exonerate Ajax, when he's crystal clear in his opinions, is ridiculous. Trying to shift the racism from the far right stuff that is actually racist to "progressives" may not be explicitly racism, but it's doing some good preliminary work that those who are racist would be happy to see get done.
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Gadianton wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:53 pm
To address but one of the many issues from our social justice warrior:
Cultellus wrote: Do you remember Doc's post with black woman...
Even though Cultellus knows this, and everybody else knows this, and everybody knows Cultellus knows this, Cultellus might not know that everybody knows he knows this.

Nobody on the forum is a more vocal critic of racism and far-right racist antics than Doc Cam. The fact that he either calls attention to what's going on at /pol/ and other gray web outlets, or posts related materials ironically or in response to far-right views posted here that appear influenced or share commonalities, does not make he himself racist. Where the line is on what's appropriate to post and what's not ironically, or as hyperbole to mock other posters; I'm not an expert on where that line is; but context is enough to tell what the intent was behind what was posted, and it's obviously not racism.

If Ajax and Doc Cam post the same white supremacy meme, it's different because Ajax is supporting the message where Doc Cam is making fun of it, mocking the low mentality of those who are into that stuff.

To try to pin racism on Doc Cam when it's obviously not the case, and either overlook or exonerate Ajax, when he's crystal clear in his opinions, is ridiculous. Trying to shift the racism from the far right stuff that is actually racist to "progressives" may not be explicitly racism, but it's doing some good preliminary work that those who are racist would be happy to see get done.
Jesus for the goulash.

So, according your BS here, Gadianton, posting a picture of a woman getting her head blown off and having the note that this was a disposable "nigress" was a joke or meant to imply that ajax agrees but that the person that posted it was just, you know, calling ajax a racist. But, what we do know, is that Doc Cam spends time on these sites doing whatever he does. Doc was the one that was into that stuff and bringing it to this board, not anyone else. Alf/Icarus went on a spree on the net looking for racist crap too. That is what led to the quote harvesting discussion.

Oh, and Screw you Gadianton. Remember, around that time, Doc Cam thought I was ajax (see the appointments reference). His point in all of this was to malign anyone that did not agree with you and the cabal. So, he was also directing that at me. It was not to mock people generally, it was Doc getting his rocks off and intimidating the board with insults.

I do not think you are a bigot because of what other people are doing on 4Chan. I think you are a bigot because of what you say about yourself and about anonymous/cartoon posters on this board. If you were using the death of a woman to make a point, but not actually making the point, I would think that was a racist exploitive move. You are exclaiming that here by standing in to make an excuse-laden explanation.

Are you still pretending that 4Chan is exclusively a right wing thing? Ding dong.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Gadianton wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:53 pm
Even though Cultellus knows this, …

This is Cultellus’s unrecoverable error.

To try and shift the focus of that behavior away from the people who were doing it, and on to the person who exposes it - is repellant enough. To deploy that disingenuousness in service to oneself while repeatedly trying to gaslight others about it only spits in the face of morality and justice.

There’s no saving of one’s credibility after that.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Cultellus wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:18 pm
His point in all of this was to malign anyone that did not agree with you and the cabal.
… that racism was a bad thing. ; )

I’ll go with Doc on that one, and not with the newcomer who is carrying water for the racists in an attempt to cover for his trolling.

Anyhow, somebody is getting sloppy in not disguising what really sets him off:
Cultellus wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:07 pm
Trolling is not the issue here. The issue is that this board has one acceptable ideology - ONE! End of damned story.

viewtopic.php?p=45163#p45163