I Don't Believe You

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
dantana
2nd Counselor
Location: Joined 7/18/11, so, apparently, position of senior ranking member.

Re: I Don't Believe You

Post by dantana »

Cultellus wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:45 pm

You, Schmo, are not just uninteresting, you are also uninterested.
Nah. Schmo is plenty entertaining. He does tend to have a pretty loud squawk when it comes to his disdain for right-siders. I've called him on it before. I do kinda see his side though as, the general sense seems to me to be, right side = Trump... and, Trump has some issues.
Nobody gets to be a cowboy forever. - Lee Marvin/Monte Walsh
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

But the answer to your question is yes. Many many many emails from democrat or left-voting friends.
No you haven't, because such emails don't exist. You know what I'm talking about, I'm not talking about your left-voting friends sending you an email with their own thoughts. They don't forward non-existent left-wing political chain letters that they received from other left-wingers.

None of these people are people you go shooting with, by the way.
By the way, what makes you so sure I am not left of center?
What makes you think that I think you aren't left of center? On this board, you're mostly a troll who contradicts yourself constantly and so nobody would really know what you think. Since this is a message board where your vaccine misinformation campaign will never influence anyone, it's not a big deal, but if you promote the same nonsense in the real world with friends and family who would be influenced by your opinion due to your background in healthcare, then that's deplorable. I really hope you're just an angry dude spouting off online because you hate me so much. That kind of makes me smile. I hope you really aren't a bad person in real life. I tend to think that you aren't.
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Gadianton wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:14 am
But the answer to your question is yes. Many many many emails from democrat or left-voting friends.
No you haven't, because such emails don't exist. You know what I'm talking about, I'm not talking about your left-voting friends sending you an email with their own thoughts. They don't forward non-existent left-wing political chain letters that they received from other left-wingers.

By the way, what makes you so sure I am not left of center?
What makes you think that I think you aren't left of center? On this board, you're mostly a troll who contradicts yourself constantly and so nobody would really know what you think. Since this is a message board where your vaccine misinformation campaign will never influence anyone, it's not a big deal, but if you promote the same nonsense in the real world with friends and family who would be influenced by your opinion due to your background in healthcare, then that's deplorable. I really hope you're just an angry dude spouting off online because you hate me so much. That kind of makes me smile. I hope you really aren't a bad person in real life. I tend to think that you aren't.
I am not a bad person. I am just flawed.

I have shot a LOT with people that disagree with me emphatically. A lot of skeet shooting, a lot of target shooting. My hunting friends are more aligned with me, I think.

You moved the goalpost on the emails. I do not have a vaccine campaign. Conversations with cartoon characters with fake names and pictures online is not a campaign. I am not actually Britney Spears, ya know.
Morley
God
Location: Gotta love this 1794 woodcut portrait by Toshusai Sharaku.

Post by Morley »

edit

Ha! Bad post deleted. I misread.

What Cultellus said
Cultellus wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:35 am

I have shot a LOT with people that disagree with me emphatically.
vs.
What I was jokingly responding to that I thought Cultellus wrote:

I have shot a LOT of people that disagree with me emphatically.
Last edited by Morley on Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Morley wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:48 am
Ha! Bad post. I misread.
Me too. Whew!!
Morley
God
Location: Gotta love this 1794 woodcut portrait by Toshusai Sharaku.

Post by Morley »

Lem wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:53 am
Morley wrote:
Ha! Bad post. I misread.
Me too. Whew!!
Too funny.
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Morley wrote:
edit

Ha! Bad post deleted. I misread.

What Cultellus said
Cultellus wrote:

I have shot a LOT with people that disagree with me emphatically.
vs.
What I was jokingly responding to that I thought Cultellus wrote:

I have shot a LOT of people that disagree with me emphatically.
I would have misread it and fired some guns into the conversation.

Funny indeed. Poor writing on my part.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

wrong.

As you pointed out elsewhere, you don't talk politics and vaccines with the people you shoot with. You talk about family and sheet metal prices and good times -- you're out there living life in the real world while I'm spending all my time online googling for vaccine information, taking life too seriously, and without any friends.

Now you're saying you and your shooting partners have these intense political conversations where everyone is welcome to present their views and you're talking serious world issues.

Basically, I baited you into contradicting yourself.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Gadianton wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:40 am
wrong.

As you pointed out elsewhere, you don't talk politics and vaccines with the people you shoot with. You talk about family and sheet metal prices and good times -- you're out there living life in the real world while I'm spending all my time online googling for vaccine information, taking life too seriously, and without any friends.

Now you're saying you and your shooting partners have these intense political conversations where everyone is welcome to present their views and you're talking serious world issues.

Basically, I baited you into contradicting yourself.
No, Gadianton. You may have conflated things, as you usually do. Here is the question you asked.
Gadianton wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:13 am
Cultellus,

When you're shooting guns with your friends, do they ever bring up vaccination? Are any of these folks unvaccinated and do they make suggestions regarding the use of Ivermectin? How do you handle situations like these, assuming such situations arise?
Normal interpretation of that would lead a normal person to conclude that you were discussing a recent event, and specifically the one I had just referenced. Obviously, vaccines and unvaccinated conditions were not common topics pre-pandemic. I answered your question truthfully, though, given that it was just baiting for a trickfuck and you were being disingenuous, perhaps I should have just told you to “F” off.

You then asked about emails.
Gadianton wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:20 am
Have you ever received a political email from a left-wing friend or family member?
I answered truthfully.

You, on the other hand, lied and assumed something other than what I said when you made this statement:
Gadianton wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:14 am

I have received political emails from people that I shoot with. That Is true. I have not discussed vaccines with people that I shoot with.

Now, you lying piece of damned crap. At what point, ever, will you stop making stuff up to fit your narrative? What you are doing here, if it is how you see the world, and not just your cartoon for this message board, is very screwed up.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt, perhaps this is just your online persona. I know that I do not call people lying pieces of crap when they lie and make assumptions about me in the real world, I just avoid those people. Your logic here is ridiculous. Your conclusions are unfounded. Your manipulative baiting is pathologically screwed up. And you are wrong.

I think that pic from Doc Cam was for you.