I Don't Believe You

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Cultellus

Re: I Don't Believe You

Post by Cultellus »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:16 am
Cult if you don't have the intellectual chops to keep up with folks around here, do yourself a favor and don't try to fake it by posturing. The people who are smarter than you already see it for what it is. I, myself, do not think for a single second that I have the intellectual chops to keep up with certain posters here on particular topics and I would never try to fake my way through exchanges with them.

If I don't know about something, and if I'm interested in the topic, I ask questions. If all I have to contribute is questions then I'm contributing to my own learning experience.

This isn't that hard to figure out. You can make your heartbeats count for something or you can waste them. That's your choice.
I have no chops. Intellectual or otherwise. That’s why I can’t do what you tell me to do. I am way too unsmart to do that.

I didn't even know I was being trolled in this thread. No idea.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Cultellus wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:59 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:16 am
Cult if you don't have the intellectual chops to keep up with folks around here, do yourself a favor and don't try to fake it by posturing. The people who are smarter than you already see it for what it is. I, myself, do not think for a single second that I have the intellectual chops to keep up with certain posters here on particular topics and I would never try to fake my way through exchanges with them.

If I don't know about something, and if I'm interested in the topic, I ask questions. If all I have to contribute is questions then I'm contributing to my own learning experience.

This isn't that hard to figure out. You can make your heartbeats count for something or you can waste them. That's your choice.
I have no chops. Intellectual or otherwise. That’s why I can’t do what you tell me to do. I am way too unsmart to do that.

I didn't even know I was being trolled in this thread. No idea.
You're full of crap. If you didn't know you were being trolled somewhere on this thread, I can tell you this much. You knew when YOU were trolling this board. You posted a separate thread to announce it.

No one here has any reason to believe that you won't continue to troll it.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Thanks for the link, Canpakes.

I have reviewed the thread.

The thread provides an example of what gets discussed in far-right circles. The thread OP title calls out "racist conservatives" for holding the kinds of views cited. An image is cited that depicts a hate crime, one that "isn't extreme enough" for the individual who posted it within the referenced example thread of the right-leaning community. A follow-up post then mentions Apple refuses to offer the community app in their online store.

Cultellus nearly had me convinced that there was some kind of ambiguity here. Perhaps in a fast-moving discussion, Doc Cam had posted an image and a newcomer who didn't know the personalities here may not have enough context to infer intent.

This was not the case. The OP called out the authors of the materials cited as "racist, regressive conservatives". It was an example of just how bad the racism among a broad range of conservatives is getting. The average conservative isn't posting on 4chan. However, with 11 million members, and with Parler's skyrocketing popularity around the time Donald Trump was getting censored, an "average" conservative just might be found on that platform.

It's shocking what's becoming tolerable for the average conservative. In defense of my right-wing friends, none of them have anything to do with these kinds of platforms. Their right-wing emails are old-school stuff, nothing like this.

verdict for Cultellus' representation of Cam's thread: flat out lie.

It's hard for me to imagine what Cultellus is trying to achieve by lying about something like this.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Gadianton wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:10 am
It's hard for me to imagine what Cultellus is trying to achieve by lying about something like this.
Validation. Attention.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Gadianton wrote:

The thread provides an example of what gets discussed in far-right circles. The thread opening post title calls out "racist conservatives" for holding the kinds of views cited. An image is cited that depicts a hate crime, one that "isn't extreme enough" for the individual who posted it within the referenced example thread of the right-leaning community. A follow-up post then mentions Apple refuses to offer the community app in their online store.

Cultellus nearly had me convinced that there was some kind of ambiguity here. Perhaps in a fast-moving discussion, Doc Cam had posted an image and a newcomer who didn't know the personalities here may not have enough context to infer intent.

This was not the case. The opening post called out the authors of the materials cited as "racist, regressive conservatives". It was an example of just how bad the racism among a broad range of conservatives is getting. The average conservative isn't posting on 4chan. However, with 11 million members, and with Parler's skyrocketing popularity around the time Donald Trump was getting censored, an "average" conservative just might be found on that platform.

It's shocking what's becoming tolerable for the average conservative. In defense of my right-wing friends, none of them have anything to do with these kinds of platforms. Their right-wing emails are old-school stuff, nothing like this.

He's been pretty specific about that lie, also, as I recall. Here's an example. He's deleted the original, of course, but from a quote of him:
Cultellus wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:44 pm
....This is absolute nonsense that Scratch, Simon Southerton, Kerry Shirts, Kishkumen and so many other posters are investing a lot of time and personal reputation (in some cases) on a board that has Doc Cam posting 4Chan filth, Nazi filth and all his other insulting filthy hobby bigotry. I think it is long overdue to discuss this and I think that this fact is no longer a secret. Scratch, Kishkumen and others hide behind their "Porter Rockwell" who acts like a complete and total a-hole posting with the intention of insulting others and getting a jolly thrill out of his bigotted propaganda.

It is a symbiotic relationship between the two levels of the board ("Hey Doc Cam..... do you mind... you know.... insulting posters personally until the pain is too much for them to take. In return, you can post all your 4Chan and Nazi stuff down there. Just protect our space so someone won't dare come on here and challenge us, ever.") Wink, wink.

They gather around a single ideology and allow Doc Cam to break every trolling, spamming and etiquette rule to achieve a purpose....
viewtopic.php?p=34328#p34328
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Canpakes, however, already described the act going on....
canpakes wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:59 pm

Your gaslighting isn’t fooling folks. You picked Doc out of the crowd based on his perceived left-of-center politics, then tried to fashion him as a homophobic racist as cover for your mistaken assumptions and crappy behavior. All because you felt injured over the how you believed the board leaned, politically.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:18 am
Amen. You wrote the rhetorical handbook right there. And IF Cam had been a racist he would have been dealt with in short order by the posters of this community. As it stands, he's been here for oh, I dunno, a good decade or so.
Some of us may not approve of Cam's use of profanity when he is sufficiently provoked by others' stupidity, dishonesty and/or willful ignorance, but anyone who accuses him of being a racist is either lying, largely unfamiliar with his posting history, or both. He has often posted some of the most admirable and thought provoking posts to this community. I agree with you that he "would have been dealt with in short order by the posters of this community" if he had expressed racist views. The only people I have seen accusing him of being a racist are opponents of his, projecting their own racist tendencies onto him, often after having either inadvertently and/or sometimes openly exposed their own racist mindset.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Gunnar wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:18 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:04 pm
[ X ] Warped Agenda.

There's plenty of that going on around here. Me, I've always enjoyed having my thinking challenged and I don't shy away from asking questions. Pretty sure that is evident.
To be sure. You are one of most admirable, level headed and exemplary participants here. :) I have often learned from you and had my awareness beneficially expanded by your contributions, and even had my mind changed for the better on occasion because of you.
:oops: Pretty nice what you said there. Thank you, my longtime friend.

Slava Ukraini!
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Lem wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:42 am
Gadianton wrote:

The thread provides an example of what gets discussed in far-right circles. The thread opening post title calls out "racist conservatives" for holding the kinds of views cited. An image is cited that depicts a hate crime, one that "isn't extreme enough" for the individual who posted it within the referenced example thread of the right-leaning community. A follow-up post then mentions Apple refuses to offer the community app in their online store.

This was not the case. The opening post called out the authors of the materials cited as "racist, regressive conservatives". It was an example of just how bad the racism among a broad range of conservatives is getting. The average conservative isn't posting on 4chan. However, with 11 million members, and with Parler's skyrocketing popularity around the time Donald Trump was getting censored, an "average" conservative just might be found on that platform.

He's been pretty specific about that lie, also, as I recall. Here's an example. He's deleted the original, of course, but from a quote of him:
Cultellus wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:44 pm
....This is absolute nonsense that Scratch, Simon Southerton, Kerry Shirts, Kishkumen and so many other posters are investing a lot of time and personal reputation (in some cases) on a board that has Doc Cam posting 4Chan filth, Nazi filth and all his other insulting filthy hobby bigotry. I think it is long overdue to discuss this and I think that this fact is no longer a secret. Scratch, Kishkumen and others hide behind their "Porter Rockwell" who acts like a complete and total a-hole posting with the intention of insulting others and getting a jolly thrill out of his bigotted propaganda.

It is a symbiotic relationship between the two levels of the board ("Hey Doc Cam..... do you mind... you know.... insulting posters personally until the pain is too much for them to take. In return, you can post all your 4Chan and Nazi stuff down there. Just protect our space so someone won't dare come on here and challenge us, ever.") Wink, wink.

They gather around a single ideology and allow Doc Cam to break every trolling, spamming and etiquette rule to achieve a purpose....
viewtopic.php?p=34328#p34328
I stand by that. Every word of it. Damn, that was a great point I made. I should not have deleted it.
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Gadianton wrote:

The thread provides an example of what gets discussed in far-right circles. The thread OP title calls out "racist conservatives" for holding the kinds of views cited. An image is cited that depicts a hate crime, one that "isn't extreme enough" for the individual who posted it within the referenced example thread of the right-leaning community. A follow-up post then mentions Apple refuses to offer the community app in their online store.

This was not the case. The OP called out the authors of the materials cited as "racist, regressive conservatives". It was an example of just how bad the racism among a broad range of conservatives is getting. The average conservative isn't posting on 4chan. However, with 11 million members, and with Parler's skyrocketing popularity around the time Donald Trump was getting censored, an "average" conservative just might be found on that platform.

I stand by it.

The post was disgusting and racist exploitation. For all we know, Cam made the damn picture himself. How would you know if he didn't? He may have got it off NPR for all we know. BS. You like it because it helps you cement your ideology.

Anonymous sources used as useless evidence that people we do not like are worth not liking, are just anonymous sources. And using race to bait disdain within the population, is racist. I hate it.