Why do you care if I edit/delete posts?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Atlanticmike
God

Re: Why do you care if I edit/delete posts?

Post by Atlanticmike »

Cultellus wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:18 pm
Atlanticmike wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:15 pm
Progressive cult member says "racism is in the air we breath, it's in the water we drink" . Perfect example of how a "movement" is used to take dismantle a country.
https://youtu.be/a1-VBgENZ7c
WTF?

Huh?
Ooops! Wrong thread
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:22 pm
Cultellus wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:18 pm

WTF?

Huh?
Ooops! Wrong thread
Well, nothing in any thread I initiate is off topic. So, unless the moderators are bored and want to punk your post - it stays. Get it together, Atlanticmike. Don't let the glare off the roof distract you. Be safe and have fun.
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

Cultellus wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:53 pm
Atlanticmike wrote:

Ooops! Wrong thread
Well, nothing in any thread I initiate is off topic. So, unless the moderators are bored and want to punk your post - it stays.

Cinnamon Jumbles

Yield: 5 dozen

Ingredients

4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter
2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 ½ cups buttermilk
½ cup white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Directions

Step 1
Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs, one at time. Next, stir in the vanilla and buttermilk alternately with the sifted ingredients. Cover dough and chill overnight.

Step 2
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Generously grease cookie sheets.

Step 3
Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart. Combine the cinnamon and sugar, sprinkle some of the mixture onto each cookie.

Step 4
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Remove from baking sheets to cool on wire racks.

Nutrition Facts
Per Serving: 95 calories; protein 1.3g; carbohydrates 15.1g; fat 3.4g; cholesterol 14.6mg; sodium 90.5mg.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/16569 ... n-jumbles/
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Cultellus wrote:
Atlanticmike wrote:

Ooops! Wrong thread
Well, nothing in any thread I initiate is off topic. So, unless the moderators are bored and want to punk your post - it stays. Get it together, Atlanticmike. Don't let the glare off the roof distract you. Be safe and have fun.
5 tips to rock his world in bed
https://youtu.be/JHdBFHOSG-s

Remember, you said nothing is off topic😁
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:58 pm
Cultellus wrote:

5 tips to rock his world in bed
https://youtu.be/JHdBFHOSG-s

Remember, you said nothing is off topic😁
Oh FFS.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

ALSO: A good way to guage the rightness or wrongness of one’s actions is to project out what the world would look like if everyone on earth did exactly what you’re doing.

In this case, if EVERYONE on this message board deleted his or her posts a day or two after posting, what would the board look like? Would it be a valuable resource for newcomers? Would it be an interesting place to read?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:02 am
ALSO: A good way to guage the rightness or wrongness of one’s actions is to project out what the world would look like if everyone on earth did exactly what you’re doing.

In this case, if EVERYONE on this message board deleted his or her posts a day or two after posting, what would the board look like? Would it be a valuable resource for newcomers? Would it be an interesting place to read?

Shades, you could be on to something. Just claim that the mysterious single-word replies or random punctuation marks left behind are ‘Q Drops’, give things a week for the word to get out, and our average online count will balloon to over 3000 visitors at any one moment.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ceeboo wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:14 am
When you entered this community, you didn't knock at the front door and present flowers or chocolate - Rather, you drove through the walls riding a bulldozer and you came with a clear and direct message to and for all of us here (challenges/criticism of this community) - You came with intent and you came under the bright lights of complete transparency. I understand that many think it was an inappropriate way to enter but, for whatever reason, it was the way you chose to enter. I believe you chose to make your entrance this way by design and with a purpose.

So, did your chosen method have any effect? While I can only answer that question for me, I can tell you that it got my full attention. I found your challenges and criticism to be sound and worthy of deep consideration. In addition, I was forced to evaluate my participation on the board as well as think about what motives I had/have to continue participating on the board.

… meanwhile, one month ago …

ceeboo wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:06 pm
I think it would be an extraordinary claim to suggest that Cultellus didn't paly a role in all of this. Even if it just made some of the board members here pause for a second to think, reflect and consider things more closely.
canpakes wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:52 am
Much like how folks flying airplanes into buildings a few decades back made other folks stop and think about airline security.
ceeboo wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:37 am
No, not really. Actually, I think this is one of your worst posts that I have seen …

Apparently, the problem there must have been that you have a preference for using construction equipment in your analogies. ; )

And before someone starts up with a disingenuous distraction - https://usa.streetsblog.org/2020/02/19/ ... -building/
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:02 am

Excellent point.

You, Xeno and ceebs have been generous here. Atlanticmike was amusingly accidental. Thank you. Additional responses have been made in PMs. Thanks yall.

I will respect your comments and the personal impact you described.