The "regular people" of FOX

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gadianton
God

The "regular people" of FOX

Post by Gadianton »

Is the problem really with FOX news?

Somehow I ended up on the Fox News website today. I hope Cultellus doesn't call me a bigot just because I was there. I'll admit, once in a blue moon I do a search, Fox comes up, I read the Fox article, and it's, you know, whatever. Seems okay. Today was no different. Since I was there, the corner of my eye caught an article on the boosters and so I read it.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/mo ... orized-fda

Decent article I thought. I don't think CNN has a better booster article. Okay, maybe the real problem is the commentators; the general stuff is okay, but then you've got Hannity etc. ?

Then I hit the comment section. I think the problem really is the "regular people" right-wingers Cultellus finds so insightful. Talk about taking the science of dumb to the next level. I'm going to list some comments and please indicate which of these if any resonate with you personally. Curious if Cultellus disagrees with any of them.

I didn't have to cherry pick much, you can click "show more comments" and they keep going, hundreds of them; there's no end. Each next comment dumber then the last. Even if Fox turned completely legit, they'd never be able to educate their base. It's like a feedback loop of dumb. And at least one person who posts here is definitely part of this loop.

(WARNING: Some Schmo may want to proceed with caution)

A: "NO medical person who is being honest would approve mixing medications."
B: "Of course it's authorized. Plenty of ink left in that rubber stamp filled up by Big Pharma."
C: "This is because with each day we are starting to realize that these 'vaccines' are not very effective. Herd immunity is what will eventually protect us."
D: "The media/ politicians/ social media CENSORING the tens of thousands of vax deaths"
E: "COVID is already mild. I came down with it 3 weeks ago. I am now COVID free. I have had worse colds"
F: "So, Ivermectin isn't okay because it isn't approved for covid. But, mixing and matching different vaccines is okay, even when none are approved for use"
G: "What in the world is our society doing? Mix and match? With an experimental product? This isn't like mixing a matching socks, this is allowing them to mix and match, apparently arbitrarily, something they're injecting into your bloodstream"
H: "Another non-scientifically verified pronouncement from the lying FDA. Will it work for more than 25 minutes - who knows"
I: "The biggest issue our "leaders" have with Natural Immunity? Nobody gets rich!"
J: "Mixing experimental vaccines that have already been failing. What could possibly go wrong?"
K: "Skip the vax ...diet right and exercise right ...it will help your immune system be more effective than the vax in the long run."
L: "The Jab...... IS the planned destruction of the human immune system."
M: "Done your research vaccinated sheeples? Um, no, you ARE the research"
N: "mixing and matching? Have you ever seen the movie 'The Fly?' Biden First, me Never!"
Cultellus

Re: The "regular people" of FOX

Post by Cultellus »

Gadianton wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:17 am

Then I hit the comment section. I think the problem really is the "regular people" right-wingers Cultellus finds so insightful. Talk about taking the science of dumb to the next level. I'm going to list some comments and please indicate which of these if any resonate with you personally. Curious if Cultellus disagrees with any of them.
You are, quite honestly, one of the dumbest people I have interacted with. Not only are you stupid enough to think you know everything about 4Chan and who those people are, exactly - now you are quoting the comments section and think these represent common and regular people that inspire me? You are the stupidest “F” on this forum, by a lot.

This idiot quotes the comments section, and knows who these people are. Jesus damned Christ you are dumb. Quoting the comments section? Hey, at least when I post satire from Babylon I just say it was "also on the internet." I do not pretend it is evidence of anything. It is just crap on the internet. Is that your point?
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Cultellus wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:02 am
This idiot quotes the comments section, and knows who these people are. Jesus damned Christ you are dumb.

… says the fellow who came to a discussion website filled with comments by a community of a few dozen active participants, misinterpreted two or three of them, and then spent 4 months losing his crap while writing 2000 posts of invective and obscenities in response.

: D
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

canpakes wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:43 am
Cultellus wrote:
This idiot quotes the comments section, and knows who these people are. Jesus damned Christ you are dumb.

… says the fellow who came to a discussion website filled with comments by a community of a few dozen active participants, misinterpreted two or three of them, and then spent 4 months losing his crap while writing 2000 posts of invective and obscenities in response.

A to the men, canpakes. A to the freaking men.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:46 am

We’re definitely watching record new depths in lack of self awareness being plumbed daily.

I thought that the limit was reached a few weeks ago, but, apparently not.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

canpakes wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:55 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:46 am

We’re definitely watching record new depths in lack of self awareness being plumbed daily.

I thought that the limit was reached a few weeks ago, but, apparently not.
Human behavior never ceases to fascinate me.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

canpakes wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:43 am
Cultellus wrote:
This idiot quotes the comments section, and knows who these people are. Jesus F'ing Christ you are dumb.

Yes, that sums it up rather neatly, although many of the posts by this person in that period (when I was still reading him) were simply meaningless babble, designed for no evident purpose but to disrupt normal board functioning. Apart from the weirdness of that irruption and what has followed it - rendered stranger still by the poster's reported habit of deleting everything he posts - one does wonder why all that effort seemed worthwhile to the person who expended it.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

That quote was a bit of a game changer for me when I first read it. It’s saved me a lot of time trying to ‘figure out’ others. People are who they show you they are, let them speak for themselves. I don’t need to personally know the FOX News commenters to get to the core of who they are, because when they post objectively retarded crap they just showed you who they are.

They did that. For example:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=154189

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:48 am

That quote was a bit of a game changer for me when I first read it. It’s saved me a lot of time trying to ‘figure out’ others. People are who they show you they are, let them speak for themselves. I don’t need to personally know the FOX News commenters to get to the core of who they are, because when they post objectively retarded crap they just showed you who they are.

- Doc
Kinda like before I showed up and you took full advantage of Dr. shades and no moderation by insulting all the posters you didn't agree with? Because that's who you really are. You were the"enforcer" of the now extinct Echo Chamber Gang! The Maya Angelou quote you used in your post is a perfect example of how people can figure out exactly who you are. Oh! Here's a couple of mushrooms 🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:48 am

- Doc
Yep. This!!!!!!

I would add that if posters repeatedly tell you who they are, believe them. If they start threads that are about "regular people" and use phantom internet sources and comments sections as evidence of their conclusions for disparagement of large swaths of people- believe that this is who they are. And if they backslap like a scared cabal, believe them.