The "regular people" of FOX

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Alf'Omega
2nd Counselor

Re: The "regular people" of FOX

Post by Alf'Omega »

Yes, the comments section at any FOX News page is a great source for accurate information when trying to delve into the psyche of what drives a Trump supporter. Idiots like Cultellus know this but he also knows it represents an Achilles heel for anyone on the Right trying to claim the Left is the side that is full of irrational morons. Gad can quote probably dozens of remarks from FOX readers who mock vaccines, but what he won't find is anyone on those forums rebuking them. Even some of the most vile racist comments go without rebuke on those forums.
Snazzip
Sunbeam

Post by Snazzip »

Cultellus wrote: ...Hey, at least when I post satire from Babylon I just say it was "also on the internet."...
Nooooooop, you just said "also this", in a chain of articles and videos you kept posting to try and show you knew so much about the vaccine. You know, in a way that pretty much says "yes, I am correct, and here is further information that helps to show why." Did you forget you were pretending to be Mr. A. Dult Businessguy, Esq. for a little while there?
Snazzip
Sunbeam

Post by Snazzip »

Cultellus wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:48 am

That quote was a bit of a game changer for me when I first read it. It’s saved me a lot of time trying to ‘figure out’ others. People are who they show you they are, let them speak for themselves. I don’t need to personally know the FOX News commenters to get to the core of who they are, because when they post objectively retarded crap they just showed you who they are.

They did that. For example:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=154189

- Doc
Yep. This!!!!!!
So, why are you trying to tell us that someone posted this on the internet? I mean, we can see it right there, we're on the board too.

Oh, wait. Maybe when someone quotes something and just says something like "Yep. This" or "Also this", it means that they are trying to use it to support some other thing they are trying to prove?
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Snazzip wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:38 pm
Cultellus wrote: ...Hey, at least when I post satire from Babylon I just say it was "also on the internet."...
Nooooooop, you just said "also this", in a chain of articles and videos you kept posting to try and show you knew so much about the vaccine. You know, in a way that pretty much says "yes, I am correct, and here is further information that helps to show why." Did you forget you were pretending to be Mr. A. Dult Businessguy, Esq. for a little while there?
No. I was not showing that I knew so much about the vaccine. I was showing that anyone can find anything on the internet, and link to it. And I was showing that anyone can find anything, link to it, and trigger the everloving “F” out of someone who found something different on the internet. I was commenting on the echo chamber silo, by linking to satire and other contradictions to what else was being linked within the silo.

At no point, ever, did I say that these posts showed how much I knew about the vaccine, you ding dong. I am not a lawyer or a business guy. I am nothing fancy or important like that. I just do the things I do.

Why am I in your head, Snazz? I get a lot of credit from you for crap I did not do. It is interesting.

Here is the backstory to what I was posting. I reported the ding dong links that were showing up every day with nothing added to them. Nothing but a link to stuff. So, I reported it to the moderators because, apparently, that is a preferred process, one that is a better process than just calling someone a lazy “F”. So, I tried that process. And the response back was that the report was closed and they gave an explanation. Nothing to do here. So, I said, hold my fake beer and watch this. And I linked to crap without any explanation too. And I mean, crap crap. Not just linked to crap. I linked to crappy crap crap. And said nothing but "Also this" or "Also on the internet." It was not a comment about the vaccines, it was a comment about the process. And, frankly, your response to it and what we are discussing today is brilliant. Thank you.
Alf'Omega
2nd Counselor

Post by Alf'Omega »

246770793_441142810705075_5260249578575617654_n.jpg
246770793_441142810705075_5260249578575617654_n.jpg (111.3 KiB) Viewed 726 times
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Alf'Omega wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:14 pm
246770793_441142810705075_5260249578575617654_n.jpg
Hey Snazz, is Alf saying he is an expert on the Navy Reserve and also on Dancing and also on the Cha Cha? Or, is he just shitposting a link to an image to make a damned point? Is he saying that whataboutism is relevant if it is a steaming pile of crap about what, and he is the expert?

And, more importantly, are you fine with his shitposting because you agree with it and it does not trip you up?
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Gadianton wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:17 am
Is the problem really with FOX news?

Somehow I ended up on the Fox News website today. I hope Cultellus doesn't call me a bigot just because I was there. I'll admit, once in a blue moon I do a search, Fox comes up, I read the Fox article, and it's, you know, whatever. Seems okay. Today was no different.
I do the same. It's good to go to several different outlets since it will cause the search engine to bring up articles from all across the political spectrum in the future.
Gadianton wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:17 am
(WARNING: Some Schmo may want to proceed with caution)

A: "NO medical person who is being honest would approve mixing medications."
B: "Of course it's authorized. Plenty of ink left in that rubber stamp filled up by Big Pharma."
C: "This is because with each day we are starting to realize that these 'vaccines' are not very effective. Herd immunity is what will eventually protect us."
D: "The media/ politicians/ social media CENSORING the tens of thousands of vax deaths"
E: "COVID is already mild. I came down with it 3 weeks ago. I am now COVID free. I have had worse colds"
F: "So, Ivermectin isn't okay because it isn't approved for covid. But, mixing and matching different vaccines is okay, even when none are approved for use"
G: "What in the world is our society doing? Mix and match? With an experimental product? This isn't like mixing a matching socks, this is allowing them to mix and match, apparently arbitrarily, something they're injecting into your bloodstream"
H: "Another non-scientifically verified pronouncement from the lying FDA. Will it work for more than 25 minutes - who knows"
I: "The biggest issue our "leaders" have with Natural Immunity? Nobody gets rich!"
J: "Mixing experimental vaccines that have already been failing. What could possibly go wrong?"
K: "Skip the vax ...diet right and exercise right ...it will help your immune system be more effective than the vax in the long run."
L: "The Jab...... IS the planned destruction of the human immune system."
M: "Done your research vaccinated sheeples? Um, no, you ARE the research"
N: "mixing and matching? Have you ever seen the movie 'The Fly?' Biden First, me Never!"
I appreciate the warning. Not sure what would have happened had I not braced myself before reading.

But I had a sense of what to expect; I've had the bad drug trip that is the Fox News comment section before. I suppose I assuage myself by thinking that it's only the most vocal morons who take the time to post on that site. I realize that's a defense mechanism; I don't want to think the average members of my species could be that damned stupid.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Some Schmo wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:38 pm
I suppose I assuage myself by thinking that it's only the most vocal morons who take the time to post on that site. I realize that's a defense mechanism; I don't want to think the average members of my species could be that damned stupid.
Impressive. Huge progress.
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Also this from the internet.
IRVINE, CA—In-N-Out isn't known for changing its menu, with the fast-food burger joint offering the same burger, cheeseburger, and Double Double options for many years. But the Cali favorite has made an exception, introducing a fun new menu item, the "Let's Go, Brandon!"

The burger is 45 patties all stacked up on top of each other accompanied by In-N-Out's signature fresh ingredients and delicious spread. It costs only $17.76, which is a huge cost savings over ordering a 45x45 from the secret menu.

According to company spokespeople, the Let's Go Brandon started out as a secret menu item but grew so popular that it has been added to the regular menu. It's replacing the Double Double for a limited time.

"There are a few iconic moments in In-N-Out history: the introduction of the milkshake, the unveiling of the Double Double, the time one of our truckers ran over a whole family of possums, the time we tried introducing possum burgers," said a spokesperson. "This is just another evolution in our menu, trusted by cool California youth pastors and surfer dudes for decades."

"Also, the slogan has absolutely no double meaning. We just like the name Brandon. What can we say? We want him to go."

At publishing time, the writer of this article had a sudden craving for In-N-Out. brb
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Also this from the Internet:
45x45 Sandwich Beset with Problems; No Longer ‘Favorite Menu Item’
Many customers express deep regret for choosing the now-maligned option
Daily Wire, October 16

(excerpts below)

… The sandwich - which was recently promoted during an ad campaign as ‘Putin’s Favorite Snack’ - has reportedly been suspected of causing a variety of detrimental or dangerous reactions in customers who have ordered it, including severe retching, unpleasant orange discharge, unexplained public outbursts of obscenities, and - in one documented case - a severe and spontaneous disfigurement of genitalia that was described by one doctor as, “resembling a toadstool”.

As pushback against the 45x45 increased, some fans of the disparaged product have demanded that other customers reorder the item again, reacting angrily when the offer is rejected. In one reported instance, a chaotic mob of 45x45 fans attacked the house of a family that was debating whether or not to give the burger a second chance - breaking windows, smashing belongings, littering the premises and urinating in rooms. The riot was eventually quelled, but not before 5 people had lost their lives.