The "regular people" of FOX

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gadianton
God

Re: The "regular people" of FOX

Post by Gadianton »

No. I was not showing that I knew so much about the vaccine. I was showing that anyone can find anything on the internet, and link to it. And I was showing that anyone can find anything, link to it, and trigger the everloving F out of someone who found something different on the internet
In the past you've cited legit vaccine studies, but misunderstood what the studies were saying. Originally, it was your belief that science is divided on vaccine efficacy. Some studies say they work and some say they don't. Progressives just believe the ones that say they work for political reasons. So you set out to show how easy it is for anyone to find studies that say they don't work. But you failed. You got owned by everyone who can read. You were shown to be a fool. Everyone was laughing at your expense, and that angered you.

So you moved the goal posts; now it's not that science is divided, but the Internet is divided. Some people say they work, some say they don't. The progressives on this board just cite the ones that say they work and its just as easy to find information that says they don't. The suggestion is that all information is of equal quality, or that everyone on this board is of equal ineptitude -- if the shoe were on the other foot, if science said they don't work, then the leftist would cite junk sources that say they do, for political reasons.

But you don't really believe in your latest strategy, you're forced into it because the people on this forum who know more than you do convinced you that science is NOT divided on vaccine efficacy. Your previous campaign proves that you don't believe all information sources are equal or that all message board participants are equally ignorant.
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Gadianton wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:41 pm
Originally, it was your belief that science is divided on vaccine efficacy. Some studies say they work and some say they don't. Progressives just believe the ones that say they work for political reasons. So you set out to show how easy it is for anyone to find studies that say they don't work. But you failed. You got owned by everyone who can read. You were shown to be a fool. Everyone was laughing at your expense, and that angered you.

So you moved the goal posts; now it's not that science is divided, but the Internet is divided. Some people say they work, some say they don't. The progressives on this board just cite the ones that say they work and its just as easy to find information that says they don't. The suggestion is that all information is of equal quality, or that everyone on this board is of equal ineptitude -- if the shoe were on the other foot, if science said they don't work, then the leftist would cite junk sources that say they do, for political reasons.

But you don't really believe in your latest strategy, you're forced into it because the people on this forum who know more than you do convinced you that science is NOT divided on vaccine efficacy. Your previous campaign proves that you don't believe all information sources are equal or that all message board participants are equally ignorant.
You have lost your mind, Gadianton. This is just not true and accurate. Exaggerations aside, it is just not generally accurate.

I am not forced into anything. I do not have a belief strategy. I am not convinced by people in an online forum of amateurs and google-searchers. I did not have a previous campaign that proves my beliefs. I have never thought that all information sources were equal or that all message board folks were equally ignorant. You are not just an ignoramus, you are writing fiction. I do not even know how to begin with such a load of horse crap, nor do I know what you get from this.

My point has never been that I know more about the vaccines or that I can prove anything about the vaccines. My experience in vivariums is great in hours and work, but not focused on the end product at all. I can't begin to even begin to begin to have an expertise on the vaccines. My point is very simple on that front - cut people some slack, we are all doing the best we can with what we have, and there is information out there that may contradict the information you trust. And, just because you googled it better, doesn't mean you googled it all or googled every answer as it applies to every person.

Gadianton, keep firing your guns at me. You need this. I am happy to be of service to you if that helps. If you need me to be wrong even more than I have been wrong, great. Have at it. But just know, when you lie to me, about me, I know you are lying and I will call it out. You can't even discuss regular people, without figuring out how to make this a conversation about my flaws. Good thing I have so many, but do not lie about me.

Remember what I said, Gadianton. The political divide and the rise of populism is about you. It is this sort of disdain for regular people, the same disdain that you are so proud of and have gleaned from anonymous posts on the internet, that fuels the populist movement. Thank you for your service.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

I do not even know how to begin with such a load of horse crap, …
I don’t see why not. That’s how you started here.

:)
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

canpakes wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:25 pm
I do not even know how to begin with such a load of horse crap, …
I don’t see why not. That’s how you started here.

:)
Yeah, but he can't delete posts (his regular method of "dealing with horse crap") made by other people.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Snazzip
Sunbeam

Post by Snazzip »

Cultellus wrote:
Gadianton wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:41 pm
Originally, it was your belief that science is divided on vaccine efficacy. Some studies say they work and some say they don't. Progressives just believe the ones that say they work for political reasons. So you set out to show how easy it is for anyone to find studies that say they don't work. But you failed. You got owned by everyone who can read. You were shown to be a fool. Everyone was laughing at your expense, and that angered you.

You have lost your mind, Gadianton. This is just not true and accurate. Exaggerations aside, it is just not generally accurate.

I am not forced into anything. I do not have a belief strategy. I am not convinced by people in an online forum of amateurs and google-searchers. I did not have a previous campaign that proves my beliefs. I have never thought that all information sources were equal or that all message board folks were equally ignorant. You are not just an ignoramus, you are writing fiction. I do not even know how to begin with such a load of horse crap, nor do I know what you get from this.

My point has never been that I know more about the vaccines or that I can prove anything about the vaccines. My experience in vivariums is great in hours and work, but not focused on the end product at all. I can't begin to even begin to begin to have an expertise on the vaccines. My point is very simple on that front - cut people some slack, we are all doing the best we can with what we have, and there is information out there that may contradict the information you trust. And, just because you googled it better, doesn't mean you googled it all or googled every answer as it applies to every person.

Gadianton, keep firing your guns at me. You need this. I am happy to be of service to you if that helps. If you need me to be wrong even more than I have been wrong, great. Have at it. But just know, when you lie to me, about me, I know you are lying and I will call it out. You can't even discuss regular people, without figuring out how to make this a conversation about my flaws. Good thing I have so many, but do not lie about me.

Remember what I said, Gadianton. The political divide and the rise of populism is about you. It is this sort of disdain for regular people, the same disdain that you are so proud of and have gleaned from anonymous posts on the internet, that fuels the populist movement. Thank you for your service.
The Merriam-Webster Dictionary of the Cultellus Language wrote: Image