Jen Psaki Owns FOX

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gunnar
God

Re: Jen Psaki Owns FOX

Post by Gunnar »

Alf'Omega wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:34 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:10 pm

But 99% of law enforcement officers have kept their jobs! Why is everyone so worried about a vaccine mandate that only has a 1% jobless rate?

- Doc
Manufactured outrage that originates in the fantasy world of Right Wing idiocy. Where Ajax lives.
It is encouraging to hear that most law enforcement offers will stay on the job, despite misgivings about vaccination mandates, but isn't it still true that significant portions of the police forces in large cities like Chicago and New York are still threatening to quit over them?
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Gunnar wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:52 am
... but isn't it still true that significant portions of the police forces in large cities like Chicago and New York are still threatening to quit over them?
I understand there is a shortage of truck drivers right now. Do they have any vaccination requirements? Could the police move into these trucking positions?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Oh, I thought you meant she bought it. :lol:
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Moksha wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:29 pm
Gunnar wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:52 am
... but isn't it still true that significant portions of the police forces in large cities like Chicago and New York are still threatening to quit over them?
I understand there is a shortage of truck drivers right now. Do they have any vaccination requirements? Could the police move into these trucking positions?
Apparently, trucking is one of the hardest hit industries from the great labor exodus that's been taking place the last few months. I think it has more to do with long hours and low pay.

Could be that Trump embarrassed truckers everywhere when he got in that semi (not really... but it wouldn't surprise me if he embarrassed quite a few).
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Some Schmo wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:33 pm
Moksha wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:29 pm

Apparently, trucking is one of the hardest hit industries from the great labor exodus that's been taking place the last few months. I think it has more to do with long hours and low pay.

Could be that Trump embarrassed truckers everywhere when he got in that semi (not really... but it wouldn't surprise me if he embarrassed quite a few).
If I recall correctly, there was a labor shortage in trucking before the pandemic. I was job hunting then and there were tons of trucking jobs advertised.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Alf'Omega
2nd Counselor

Post by Alf'Omega »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:48 pm
Some Schmo wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:33 pm

If I recall correctly, there was a labor shortage in trucking before the pandemic. I was job hunting then and there were tons of trucking jobs advertised.
There has been a shortage of truckers for more than a decade. They've always been hiring.