Four Hours at the Capitol: A Must Watch HBO Documentary

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Cultellus

Re: Four Hours at the Capitol: A Must Watch HBO Documentary

Post by Cultellus »

Alf'Omega wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:43 pm
Cultellus wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:16 pm

This guy. Oh boy. That made me laugh.

Starts out - not sure how they are understandable. Ends - understands them.

Okay Alf. Ya know, they did not hurt you, right? You can calm down. Ido be fine.
Comprehension and context isn't your forté apparently. I was responding to the two previous remarks about the mob anger being about a frustration with Congress and how their actions were understandable. "Understandable" is commonly used as a synonym for justifiable or excusable, and it is in that sense I said their actions were not understandable. Kish's problem with Congress is likely the same problem I have, but my point was that the mob wasn't there attacking the Capitol because of anything Congress did. They were there acting on behalf of their autocrat in chief who told them to raise hell to try overturning the election. It was nothing short of an attempted coup by a crowd of mindless thugs and criminals. The reason Republicans aren't outraged is because nearly all of them were white.
Are Democrats outraged because nearly all of them were white?

Oh. So you know that Republicans are not outraged?

These empirical judgments you make are funny. Can you make them rhyme next time?

Alf man. You make up a lot of stuff about a lot of people. Everything okay there? Reading your stuff is like watching those hallucination scenes in The Big Lebowski, man. You’re like, trippin’ balls man.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:27 pm
These guys want a hot civil war. It makes me wonder how 2024 will go, especially if the Repubs take control of Congress in 2022.

- Doc
Welp. In a timely bit of synchronicity this was posted on Reddit today:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout ... hey_start/

@:18 to :32

-_-
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Alf'Omega wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:06 pm
I'm not sure how their anger is understandable. They were literally trying to hang their own VP. This wasn't a justified rage against Congress. No, they absolutely love the Congressmen who push their idiotic conspiracy theories. Their rage was based on the big lie, period. It was about sacrificing themselves for their hero, Trump. So he and his party could retain power.
I think they love the few Congresspeople who support the agenda they approve of. The approval ratings of Congress in general are extremely low.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

I'd honestly like to know what it is that right-wingers are so legitimately outraged about. Like I said, in my discussions with my right-wing friends, they've got nothing. If it's about money, it's unrealistic because they're all wealthy. Let's not even consider the two QAnon right-wingers who have had words with me. One of those guys is wealthy and has a Phd. The other one, the guy I spoke about from my walk does decent. Their objections are all fabrications and can be explained by LARPing, to use Kishkumen's more succinct wording.

Yesterday, my right-wing friend was in a froth. when we crossed path with another right guy, he went into a rant that was meant for me but he knows he can't say anything directly to me so he had to have an excuse. Me and the other right guy just laughed at him. Well, he received another email from his right-wing friend (by the way, I got the term "right-wing friend" from him, because he talks about HIS right-wing friend). This email outlined all the biggest sins of the Democrats. Number one on the list -- guess before continuing; see if you can guess.

-----------------------------------
Number 1 on the list was a "f---" crossdresser in San Franscisco who read stories to kids at a library or something. I think this was from a few years ago actually, right-wingers recycle their news constantly. These older guys are continuously syncing their watches with this stuff to get outraged over that has no material consequence to them. Kish's example of progressive excess has a real consequence to him as a professor.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Gadianton wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:59 pm
I'd honestly like to know what it is that right-wingers are so legitimately outraged about.

They didn’t get what they wanted, which was Trump. They weren’t prepared to deal with that.

Not that many of these folks could tell you why they wanted Trump in the first place.
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Gadianton wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:59 pm
I'd honestly like to know what it is that right-wingers are so legitimately outraged about. Like I said, in my discussions with my right-wing friends, they've got nothing. If it's about money, it's unrealistic because they're all wealthy. Let's not even consider the two QAnon right-wingers who have had words with me. One of those guys is wealthy and has a Phd. The other one, the guy I spoke about from my walk does decent. Their objections are all fabrications and can be explained by LARPing, to use Kishkumen's more succinct wording.

Yesterday, my right-wing friend was in a froth. when we crossed path with another right guy, he went into a rant that was meant for me but he knows he can't say anything directly to me so he had to have an excuse. Me and the other right guy just laughed at him. Well, he received another email from his right-wing friend (by the way, I got the term "right-wing friend" from him, because he talks about HIS right-wing friend). This email outlined all the biggest sins of the Democrats. Number one on the list -- guess before continuing; see if you can guess.

-----------------------------------
Number 1 on the list was a "f---" crossdresser in San Franscisco who read stories to kids at a library or something. I think this was from a few years ago actually, right-wingers recycle their news constantly. These older guys are continuously syncing their watches with this stuff to get outraged over that has no material consequence to them. Kish's example of progressive excess has a real consequence to him as a professor.
Gadianton, is your friend nuts? Your friend has a nutso friend. Maybe he is just crazy.
Alf'Omega
2nd Counselor

Post by Alf'Omega »

Cultellus wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:36 pm
So you know that Republicans are not outraged?
If they were outraged then they'd want the matter investigated to find the details of who planned it to make sure it doesn't happen again. Instead, we get temporary lip service from Congressional Republicans who pretended to be upset about the attacks on Capitol Hill for a day or two (McCarthy), but once they realized they were working against the political winds, they change their tune immediately and acted like it was no big deal. Hence,

House GOP leaders won’t support probe of Jan. 6 Capitol riot
WASHINGTON (AP) — House Republican leaders say they will oppose the creation of a select committee to investigate the Jan. 6 insurrection at the Capitol — and have so far declined to say whether they will even participate in the probe.

In a memo to all House Republicans late Tuesday, No. 2 House Republican Steve Scalise said the House panel “is likely to pursue a partisan agenda” in investigating the violent attack by former President Donald Trump’s supporters, and he encouraged Republicans to vote against it. A vote on a resolution that would create the panel is scheduled for Wednesday.
And as for the Senate: Senate Republicans Block A Plan For An Independent Commission On Jan. 6 Capitol Riot

This isn't really news to those of us who don't reside under a rock.

There are only a few Republicans who support the probe, but the party as a whole is united against it. Why? Because the information uncovered from a thorough investigation is likely to harm the party politically because the party has been corrupted beyond recognition. It is basically the party of Trump and anything that moron tells them to do, they do.
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Alf'Omega wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:14 am
Cultellus wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:36 pm
So you know that Republicans are not outraged?
If they were outraged then they'd want the matter investigated to find the details of who planned it to make sure it doesn't happen again. Instead, we get temporary lip service from Congressional Republicans who pretended to be upset about the attacks on Capitol Hill for a day or two (McCarthy), but once they realized they were working against the political winds, they change their tune immediately and acted like it was no big deal. Hence,

House GOP leaders won’t support probe of Jan. 6 Capitol riot
WASHINGTON (AP) — House Republican leaders say they will oppose the creation of a select committee to investigate the Jan. 6 insurrection at the Capitol — and have so far declined to say whether they will even participate in the probe.

In a memo to all House Republicans late Tuesday, No. 2 House Republican Steve Scalise said the House panel “is likely to pursue a partisan agenda” in investigating the violent attack by former President Donald Trump’s supporters, and he encouraged Republicans to vote against it. A vote on a resolution that would create the panel is scheduled for Wednesday.
And as for the Senate: Senate Republicans Block A Plan For An Independent Commission On Jan. 6 Capitol Riot

This isn't really news to those of us who don't reside under a rock.

There are only a few Republicans who support the probe, but the party as a whole is united against it. Why? Because the information uncovered from a thorough investigation is likely to harm the party politically because the party has been corrupted beyond recognition. It is basically the party of Trump and anything that moron tells them to do, they do.
Did every Republican say they objected to the process because Trump, who they all concur is a Moron, told them to do so?
Alf'Omega
2nd Counselor

Post by Alf'Omega »

Also, how can we ignore the source of all the faux outrage over the Dems wanting to investigate:

Tucker Carlson and Laura Ingraham mocked the harrowing police testimony about the Capitol riot with snickers and a 'best political performance' trophy
Fox News hosts mocked police officers' testimony at Tuesday's January 6 committee hearing.

Tucker Carlson snickered at an officer's testimony, while Ingraham gave "awards" for "performances."

Both hosts selectively used footage to exclude testimony about racial abuse and violence.
FOX and Newsmax, the source for virtually everyone who still claims to be Republican, has done nothing but dismiss the events on Jan 6th.
Alf'Omega
2nd Counselor

Post by Alf'Omega »

Trump calls police officer who killed Capitol rioter Ashli Babbitt a murderer: 'We know who he is'

This is the same guy who paid the NYT $100,000 for a full page ad demanding the death penalty for five innocent black teenagers who were eventually acquitted by DNA evidence.

For years we've watched Republicans on this board make excuses every time a black person was murdered by cops. "He was on drugs, or he sold drugs for a living, or he had a criminal history even if he was innocent of the crime he's accused of committing, he had 'purple drank'" etc etc etc.

All that mattered was that the person is black and a criminal. In the case of Ashley Babbitt, she was white and a criminal, and the same group of cackling hens are calling her death a murder. You know, the same group who claims to "back the blue" during BLM protests or whenever a black person is murdered by them.