Tucker Carlson: Jan 6 was a "False Flag"

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
K Graham
God

Re: Tucker Carlson: Jan 6 was a "False Flag"

Post by K Graham »

By "original" I'm thinking in terms of perspectives that are truly thought provoking and don't derive from some partisan site. Probably 95% of the reason I'm still on this board has nothing to do with debating people over stupid crap. If that were my thing I'd still be over there debating Mormons. I genuinely wake up in the morning hoping to find EA is back on the board posting again. Res Ipsa, Analytics, and a few others are folks I try to read whatever the topic may be. RI is an expert in Law and Analytics is an Economist. EA knows a lot about just about every topic. Both he and RI disagree with me on a lot of things, but I still respect the fact that they typically know what they're talking about. The same is true for you.

What I don't appreciate is someone who is proud to have no education, but insists he's right about everything because FOX News says so.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

K Graham wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:51 pm
What I don't appreciate is someone who is proud to have no education, but insists he's right about everything because FOX News says so.
As someone who is proud to have some education, and humbled to know I need a lot more, I am sympathetic to the idea that education is important, but I also know that education goes down a lot more smoothly with honey than ghost peppers.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Kishkumen wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:02 pm
K Graham wrote:
As someone who is proud to have some education, and humbled to know I need a lot more, I am sympathetic to the idea that education is important, but I also know that education goes down a lot more smoothly with honey than ghost peppers.
When someone's entire understanding of subjects like Fascism comes from partisan Youtube videos calling Democrats Nazis, then yeah, I'll bring up education as a problem. But you've known me on the forums for more than twenty years now. I'm not one to run around bragging about being more educated than the next guy. In most cases you have no idea what kind of education the next guy has. At the end of the day someone with a PhD in Psychology isn't likely to know more about the Economy than someone who is still a student studying Economics.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

K Graham wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:12 pm
When someone's entire understanding of subjects like Fascism comes from partisan Youtube videos calling Democrats Nazis, then yeah, I'll bring up education as a problem. But you've known me on the forums for more than twenty years now. I'm not one to run around bragging about being more educated than the next guy. In most cases you have no idea what kind of education the next guy has. At the end of the day someone with a PhD in Psychology isn't likely to know more about the Economy than someone who is still a student studying Economics.
Understood. You and I just have very different styles. I am not going to persuade you, and that is fine.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

K Graham wrote:
By "original" I'm thinking in terms of perspectives that are truly thought provoking and don't derive from some partisan site. Probably 95% of the reason I'm still on this board has nothing to do with debating people over stupid crap. If that were my thing I'd still be over there debating Mormons. I genuinely wake up in the morning hoping to find EA is back on the board posting again. Res Ipsa, Analytics, and a few others are folks I try to read whatever the topic may be. RI is an expert in Law and Analytics is an Economist. EA knows a lot about just about every topic. Both he and RI disagree with me on a lot of things, but I still respect the fact that they typically know what they're talking about. The same is true for you.

What are you an expert in?

I am an educated person myself and I even have a nursing license. I've been a musician for pretty much my whole life and I have a fondness for linguistics. My 18 year old son knows more about language than I, but I digress. I wouldn't ever call myself an expert on any subject. It's a serious word with legal implications.

You stated very clearly non reasons for you being here, but never made a clear statement on why you came back here. Just to make inflammatory posts? You're not wrong most of the time in my opinion, but you are an ass. Kinda like Walter in the Big Lebowski. Tone it down and make your point in a calm rational manner...
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

K Graham wrote:

What are you an expert in?

I am an educated person myself. I have three college degrees and a nursing license. I've been a musician for pretty much my whole life and I have a fondness for linguistics. My 18 year old son knows more about language than I. He actually learned to speak a couple of languages on his own he wanders arounds the house speaking in Slavic languages to people on his phone and we often talk to each other in German, Mandarin or French. Sometimes Cantonese, or Gaelic too. I wouldn't ever call myself an expert on any subject. It's a serious word with legal implications.

You stated very clearly non reasons for you being here, but never made a clear statement on why you came back here. Just to make inflammatory posts? You're not wrong most of the time in my opinion, but you are an ass. Kinda like Walter in the Big Lebowski. Tone it down and make your point in a calm rational manner...
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

You're projecting here, Cult. I'm only an "ass" when provoked. I'll give as good as I get. Every time, and it pisses certain people off. Oh well.

Your inability to see this really isn't my concern. And your failure to comprehend what should have been perfectly clear on my reasons for being here.
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

K Graham wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:01 pm
You're projecting here, Cult. I'm only an "ass" when provoked. I'll give as good as I get. Every time, and it pisses certain people off. Oh well.

Your inability to see this really isn't my concern. And your failure to comprehend what should have been perfectly clear on my reasons for being here.
Atlanticmike is much better at puppeting socks than me. That should be obvious. Sorry about the double posts.
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

K Graham wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:28 pm
ceeboo wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:47 pm
Why, do you see yourself as someone that I couldn't handle?
Yes, because I always have. As has everyone else you've tried to engage over the years. In terms of being a small fry, you're the smallest of small fries and probably the most pathetic this board has ever seen. I can't think of a single time when you've presented a single original thought or made an actual argument that made it to round two where you were expected to answer questions.
So, you're not interested in a free "Ceeboo" bumper sticker?
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

ceeboo wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:08 pm
K Graham wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:28 pm

Yes, because I always have. As has everyone else you've tried to engage over the years. In terms of being a small fry, you're the smallest of small fries and probably the most pathetic this board has ever seen. I can't think of a single time when you've presented a single original thought or made an actual argument that made it to round two where you were expected to answer questions.
So, you're not interested in a free "Ceeboo" bumper sticker?
I wouldn't damage my car with any bumper sticker.