Rittenhouse Trial: Calling Res Ipsa

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
K Graham
God

Rittenhouse Trial: Calling Res Ipsa

Post by K Graham »

I think we already know what the outcome of this will be - the judge's ringtone and aggression towards the prosecution seem to make that clear - but it should make for interesting commentary. Preferably by someone well versed in today's jurisprudence.

Kyle Rittenhouse trial: Judge’s ringtone revealed to be Trump’s rally theme tune

Activists in Kenosha are calling on the judge in Kyle Rittenhouse's homicides case to resign after he wouldn't jail the teenager and raise his bail Thursday.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Rittenhouse Trial: Calling Res Ipsa

Post by Jersey Girl »

The prosecuting attorney is slime.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:40 pm
I haven’t followed this closely, but I am interested to know where I can get more on this part.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Why isn’t it seen as more problematic that Rittenhouse chose to bring a rifle as opposed to a handgun, for ‘defensive’ purposes?
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

canpakes wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:57 pm
Why isn’t it seen as more problematic that Rittenhouse chose to bring a rifle as opposed to a handgun, for ‘defensive’ purposes?
Is problematic illegal?

I’m still trying to figure out what the prosecution believes it can get to stick ref charges.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:52 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:40 pm
I haven’t followed this closely, but I am interested to know where I can get more on this part.
If you want truth, you're better off finding the interaction between Judge Schroeder and the PA in the middle of a live stream replay. Do NOT rely on clips that you see. Example: I just earlier watched a clip of the View on yesterdays trial where KR broke down on the stand. The panel consensus was that KR was fake crying. NO Kish. He was having a PTSD full blown panic attack episode. Do not rely on clips taken out of context. Watch it for yourself.

with regard to to the prosecuting attorney as slime. I base this on yesterday's questioning of KR who took the stand in his own defense. The PA was screwing around with Constitutional rights, doing this best to manipulate KR (that's normal), and misrepresenting what had taken place in the courtroom. At one point, the jury was sent out, the defense asserted that the PA was trying to rig a mistrial, Judge Schroeder admonished the PA as strongly as I've ever seen a judge do, and told the PA if there is a mistrial that he himself would dismiss the case.

Every major news outlet is streaming this. I am just going to post a link to yesterday's live stream replay from youtuber criminal defense attorney, Scott Reisch. This is a straight live stream, no commentary. If you would like some legal commentary you can choose from his recaps. I haven't viewed the commentary myself but he's usually straightforward in his remarks.

Kyle Rittenhouse trial LIVE in Kenosha, Wisconsin: November 10, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3PpeFR-oxA&t=2596s
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

And this is for Jersey Girl:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx65hFXha48

Dr. Grande opines on the case!

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

I only have a bit of time right now. I haven't watched every day of the trial. I've bounced through some of the replays but I did watch yesterday in it's entirety because Kyle Rittenhouse took the stand in his own defense.

I have followed a lot of high profile trials from crime to courtroom.

In my view, this is rare as it gets in a high profile case. The defendant almost never takes the stand. I will tell you what, the Defense Attorney knew what he was doing when he put KR on the stand to testify. This 18 year old kid stood up under questioning in a way that most mature adults could not. He never once let the Prosecuting Attorney manipulate him.

I have seen witnesses cave, I've seen them end up scoring points for the other side, I've seen experts for the defense completely undone by sharp prosecutors.

KR did not flinch under questioning. The ONLY time he lost his composure was when recounting the details of an encounter where he was boxed in and had a full blown panic attack on the stand.

I was going to resurrect the previous thread we had on this case but since the topic has been posted new, I want to say that If I recall correctly my position was harshly critical of KR. After watching him testify yesterday, I've somewhat changed my mind in his favor.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:21 pm
And this is for Jersey Girl:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx65hFXha48

Dr. Grande opines on the case!

- Doc
8-)

Of course he does. I've not watched him yet. Thanks for the link! I hope he doesn't make light of anything. He's been putting in jokes here and there with his dry humor and it puts me off.

Slava Ukraini!
Tinfoilhat
Valiant A

Post by Tinfoilhat »

canpakes wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:57 pm
Game, set and match! Boom, common sense right here folks!

https://youtu.be/3ZRcN7CG8G8