Rittenhouse Trial: Calling Res Ipsa

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gadianton
God

Re: Rittenhouse Trial: Calling Res Ipsa

Post by Gadianton »

Probably because some, to include myself, simply didn’t consider Rittenhouse as the provoker. Juxtaposed to this point would be the rednecks in GA who were, in fact, provokers as they chased Ahmaud down with weapons drawn.
The legal eagle guy didn't consider K the provoker either, it's just part of the overall legal framework to understand. It could have implications in the other direction, also.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:15 pm

Probably because some, to include myself, simply didn’t consider Rittenhouse as the provoker.
Nobody knows for sure. But Rittenhouse didn't have to shoot him four times. Rosenbaum was no longer a threat when he was shot the first time. And Rittenhouse simply didn't run away when he noticed Rosenbaum was following him.

I am starting to think the jury got it wrong.
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

DT,

You didn't watch the video. Because of course you didn't. You wouldn't have said that otherwise. Being a troll is one thing, but being an unclever ignorant troll is tiresome.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

https://youtu.be/HPodw7efhfc

Warning to all the Progressive beta males!!! Don't watch this video unless you're sitting down. You've been warned. Don't blame me if you watch this Joe Rogan and Jocko Willink and then come to the realization that your mommy didn't breast feed you long enough. Kyle Rittenhouse was not a vigilante.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:11 pm

Warning to all the Progressive beta males!!! Don't watch this video unless you're sitting down. You've been warned. Don't blame me if you watch this Joe Rogan and Jocko Willink and then come to the realization that your mommy didn't breast feed you long enough. Kyle Rittenhouse was not a vigilante.
I think Joe Rogan is an idiot, and I can read a definition without his help. Here’s one that seems pretty typical:

vig·i·lan·te
/ˌvijəˈlan(t)ē/
Learn to pronounce
noun
a member of a self-appointed group of citizens who undertake law enforcement in their community without legal authority, typically because the legal agencies are thought to be inadequate.

Without using Joe Rogan as your phone a friend, why is this definition inapplicable to Mr. Rittenhouse?
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:31 pm
Atlanticmike wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:11 pm

I think Joe Rogan is an idiot, and I can read a definition without his help. Here’s one that seems pretty typical:

vig·i·lan·te
/ˌvijəˈlan(t)ē/
Learn to pronounce
noun
a member of a self-appointed group of citizens who undertake law enforcement in their community without legal authority, typically because the legal agencies are thought to be inadequate.

Without using Joe Rogan as your phone a friend, why is this definition inapplicable to Mr. Rittenhouse?
What was the point of linking the video? Clearly portapotty Mike hasn’t followed the thread, hasn’t gotten smart on the facts, and has made some assumptions about the posters here that are unwarranted because otherwise there was exactly zero point to posting the snippet which, ironically, fell in line with much of the conversation that took place here.

- Doc
Last edited by Doctor CamNC4Me on Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:17 pm
DT,

You didn't watch the video. Because of course you didn't. You wouldn't have said that otherwise. Being a troll is one thing, but being an unclever ignorant troll is tiresome.

- Doc
You are not so clever yourself Doc. Still, Rittenhouse didn't have to shoot him four times. And Rittenhouse had the opportunity to run away when he noticed Rosenbaum was following him. "Prosecutors said Rittenhouse should have fled"
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 588251002/
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:17 pm
DT,

You didn't watch the video. Because of course you didn't.

- Doc
Here is a simulation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhtR3xybSMw

Rittenhouse was jogging, not running away like any other 17 year old would do. And no one can explain why Rittenhouse had to shoot him four times.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Binger wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:06 pm

That was absolute garbage.
What do you make of this simulation?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhtR3xybSMw

And why was Rittenhouse jogging the entire time?
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:14 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:31 pm

vig·i·lan·te
/ˌvijəˈlan(t)ē/
Learn to pronounce
noun

What was the point of linking the video? Clearly portapotty Mike hasn’t followed the thread, hasn’t gotten smart on the facts, and has made some assumptions about the posters here that are unwarranted because otherwise there was exactly zero point to posting the snippet which, ironically, fell in line with much of the conversation that took place here.

- Doc
The point was trolling. That’s always his point.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.