Don't tax Jeff Bezos

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

Don't tax Jeff Bezos

Post by doubtingthomas »

Amazon ex-CEO Jeff Bezos has been looking to space for humanity's future. But the world's richest man is also trying to extend humanity's lifespan here on Earth, according to a report in MIT's Technology Review.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jeff-bezos ... tem-cells/

I really want to see 22nd century. Some rich people deserve a big tax cut.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
K Graham
God

Re: Don't tax Jeff Bezos

Post by K Graham »

Why the “F” would anyone want to live forever. And how does any of his overblown aspirations make him deserving of a 0% tax rate?

Rich people already get big tax cuts.
Last edited by K Graham on Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

If it is the tax rate for Jeff Bezos and not all billionaires, how would you write his exception in the Tax Code?
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:12 am
If it is the tax rate for Jeff Bezos and not all billionaires, how would you write his exception in the Tax Code?
Maybe just selectively enforce tax law. Let people like Bezos, Soros, and Warren Buffet know that they get a pass as long as they continue to support progressive politicians. Have people like Lois Lerner confine their audits to tea party or Republican voters.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

ajax18 wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:51 pm
MeDotOrg wrote:
Maybe just selectively enforce tax law. Let people like Bezos, Soros, and Warren Buffet know that they get a pass as long as they continue to support progressive politicians. Have people like Lois Lerner confine their audits to tea party or Republican voters.
That's a lie. It has been refuted numerous times on the previous board, and you know this, but you don't care. All you care about is clinging to these debunked Right Wing taking points because it gives your warm fuzzies.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

ajax18 wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:51 pm
MeDotOrg wrote:
That was my point. You can't make an argument that someone should not pay taxes based upon the perceived merit points for other actions. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

K Graham wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:11 am
Why the F would anyone want to live forever.
Because they don’t want to die.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

K Graham wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:11 am
And how does any of his overblown aspirations
How is extending human lifespan an overblown aspiration?
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Good question.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

#MeToo just crapped all over the anti-aging community; all because a researcher made an inappropriate joke many years ago. I never thought #MeToo could end up killing me for something so stupid. My chances of making it to the 22nd century just decreased by a lot.