Get Back Docuseries

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Re: Get Back Docuseries

Post by MeDotOrg »

Some Schmo wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:45 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:01 pm
I'm not a huge, huge, fan of the Beatles. Hard core Stones fan though I'm sure that's a well kept secret on this board 8-) and not that you have to choose one vs. the other, and we've discussed that on a previous thread.
I consider the Beatles to be more musically creative and better at writing melodies, but the Stones were more of a pure Rock and Roll band. They both had a place.
That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

Showing my age here, but I have sort of a Rock 'n Roll Trinity: Beach Boys, Beatles, Stones. A lot of the Beach Boys was Surf/Girl/Car music, and their talent with musical instruments was pedestrian. But their harmonies had that magical blend that comes from the family DNA, and Brian Wilson is a musical genius. The Pet Sounds/Good Vibrations/Smile part of his musical journey was an explosion of creativity that he barely survived. Lennon and McCartney were one of the great song writing duos of the 20 Century. George Martin was an inspired choice as their producer. Unlike the Beach Boys or the Beatles, the Stones never needed a genius in the recording studio. Their Satanic Majesties Request always struck me as a weak answer to Sgt. Pepper or Smile. The Stones are like a Rock 'n Roll Rib Shack. There's not a lot on the menu, but when you want it there is nothing else like it, and you keep coming back for more.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:23 pm
Good Vibrations
Man, I love that tune. You are right about their harmonies.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

If it's streaming on Disney right this very second, will it be available to me to watch later? I still didn't get the service yet.

Will I be able to watch all three installments again and again?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!