Liberal Hypocrisy is Fueling American Inequality.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Marcus
God

Re: Liberal Hypocrisy is Fueling American Inequality.

Post by Marcus »

Tinfoilhat wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:38 pm
Marcus wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:32 pm

Weird. Another guy with a hard on for posters on this board. Who also uses pansy-ass emojis but with baby animals! Just weird.
Just so you know, you're the monkey, Marcus.
:lol: far be it from me to tell a guy who or what he can't crush on! Especially the unstable ones. :roll: You and the mike guy just do your thing. You're safer here than other places I'm sure.
Tinfoilhat
Valiant A

Post by Tinfoilhat »

Marcus wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:10 pm
Tinfoilhat wrote:

:lol: far be it from me to tell a guy who or what he can't crush on! Especially the unstable ones. :roll: You and the mike guy just do your thing. You're safer here than other places I'm sure.
I'm everywhere Marcus. I'm everywhere 🤣
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Marcus wrote:
Tinfoilhat wrote:

You’re talking to and about the same guy.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Tinfoilhat wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:13 pm
Marcus wrote:

Of course you are. :roll: You go, dude. Do your thing. I'm sure posters here are flattered by the attention from you and your other log-in names. Mike. Ahem. :roll:
Tinfoilhat
Valiant A

Post by Tinfoilhat »

Marcus wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:19 pm
Tinfoilhat wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:13 pm

Of course you are. :roll: You go, dude. Do your thing. I'm sure posters here are flattered by the attention from you and your other log-in names. Mike. Ahem. :roll:
Just so you know, Doc Cam likes to pretend he ignores me
🤣🤣. But actually, he dreams about me atleast 5 times a week.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:15 pm
Marcus wrote:

- Doc
:lol: :lol: :lol: yea I get that. The guy really, really puts some serious effort into getting attention, doesn't he????
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Marcus wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:01 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:15 pm

- Doc
:lol: :lol: :lol: yea I get that. The guy really, really puts some serious effort into getting attention, doesn't he????
Well. I crap you not, he went on and on about having a microphallus when he first showed up, but he deleted his posts. It was a weird, but I dunno. Maybe that’s why he’s so fixated on guns and betas or whatever he posts about. I offered to make peace, but I guess he just wants to indulge his odd behaviors. Oh well.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Analytics
Elder

Post by Analytics »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:10 pm
https://youtu.be/hNDgcjVGHIw

From schools, policing and housing, the absolute worst places in America for poor people and POC are places run by Liberals. The video above is produced by the liberal New York Times and shockingly they explain how blue States are the problem. Democrat hypocrisy is on full display.
That's a great video, thanks for sharing it. However, it's amazing how many falsehoods you said in three sentences.

1- The video has nothing to do with policing.
2- It doesn't say or imply that "the absolute worst places in America" are places run by liberals.
3- It says nothing about POC.

Yes, it says blue states are "the problem" and yes, it is about Democrat hypocrisy. But the basic argument of the video is that when the rubber hits the road in these liberal places, democrats act like republicans, and that is the problem.

Specifically, it makes three points.

First, it talks about how expensive housing is in big wealthy liberal cities. This is driven by zoning laws. While in theory democrats are in favor of affordable housing, they tend to be adamant that affordable housing not be constructed in their backyards. The result is that while the economy in a democratic city can thrive with hundreds of thousands of new jobs being created, because of zoning restrictions only a few tens of thousands of new housing units are built, resulting in very expensive housing.

Second, it talks about local taxes being regressive in some liberal states. It claims Washington State is the worst--the poor in Washington pay about 18% of their income in state and local taxes, while Jeff Bezos and Bill Gates only pay about 3% of their income in state and local taxes.

Third, it talks about how in theory liberals are in favor of giving all children a high-quality public education, but in reality Democrat cities tend to gerrymander their cities so that high-income areas have their own well-funded school districts while low-income areas have poorly funded school districts.

The overarching point isn't that these places suck because they are controlled by liberals. Rather, the point is that these places have major problems because liberals don't live by their own ideals. Rich liberals may say they are in favor of affordable housing, the rich paying their fair share in taxes, and well-funded education for all, but they have strong not-in-my-backyard mentalities.

If Republicans took over in these areas, its hard to imagine how they'd fix any of these problems.
Last edited by Analytics on Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tinfoilhat
Valiant A

Post by Tinfoilhat »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:20 pm
Marcus wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:01 pm

Well. I crap you not, he went on and on about having a microphallus when he first showed up, but he deleted his posts. It was a weird, but I dunno. Maybe that’s why he’s so fixated on guns and betas or whatever he posts about. I offered to make peace, but I guess he just wants to indulge his odd behaviors. Oh well.

- Doc
Yeah, says the guy who's obsessed with mushrooms 🍄 that resemble a pecker. You spent 9 months before Atlanticmike
got here telling everyone who would listen to suck your Mushroom or Trump's Mushroom. You've been beat down by Atlanticmike and you can't stand it. A roofer put you in your place🤣🤣🤣🤣. I crack myself up!!
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Tinfoilhat wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:27 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:20 pm

- Doc
A roofer put you in your place🤣🤣🤣🤣. I crack myself up!!
It's just weird for you to keep playing both sides of this nonexistent person. What drew you to this forum? Why are you so obsessed with posters here? I don't get the roofer reference, unless you somehow think roofing is some intellectual pursuit? Sorry to burst your bubble, dude, it's not. So the only reason for you to keep referencing it is that you have some weird take on your attraction to guys here. if that's your thing, rock on. But dude, pick one avatar and stick with it.