Can't We Do Something about All the Idiotic Sock Puppets?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Can't We Do Something about All the Idiotic Sock Puppets?

Post by Res Ipsa »

Shades, regardless of any opinion I may have on your proposals, I am damn glad to see this post!
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Thumbs up on these two changes.

As for a new forum name, I got nuthin’ right now. : )
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

canpakes wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:39 am

Me too, for both those points. I am very grateful to Shades for all the thought and effort he has put into the rulings and suggestions in his post. This board profits greatly from his thoughtful and tolerant persona.

As Shades rightly perceives, the creation of sock puppets is now functioning as a tool for trolls to troll more effectively - by, for instance, keeping their threads active by talking to themselves via different socks when nobody else is paying attention to them. I'm very glad to hear that this will now have to stop. Let's see if people respond to Shades very politely phrased request that existing socks should cease to be used. I have ... mixed expectations, shall we say.

And the sexist abuse? Yes, I'd be very very happy to see an abrupt end to that.

As a Nevermo who respects the LDS origins of this forum, I am a bit ill-equipped to deal with the point about a new forum name. Maybe there is a place name somewhere in the Book of Mormon with associations that might do the job required?
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Not all sock puppets are bad. I really enjoyed David Bednar. Bednar would never throw a wobbly about PROGRESSIVES and LIBERALS, he was much too tongue in cheek for any such annoying shenanigans. Wait... can I say he? Don't want to run afoul of any gender identifiers. Let's just say the person or entity hereby identified as David Bednar.

The so-called "Sunday Finest" forum. Not a business forum per se, but definitely not religion.
Last edited by Moksha on Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Chap wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:18 am
canpakes wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:39 am

Me too, for both those points. I am very grateful to Shades for all the thought and effort he has put into the rulings and suggestions in his post. This board profits greatly from his thoughtful and tolerant persona.

As Shades rightly perceives, the creation of sock puppets is now functioning as a tool for trolls to troll more effectively - by, for instance, keeping their threads active by talking to themselves via different socks when nobody else is paying attention to them. I'm very glad to hear that this will now have to stop. Let's see if people respond to Shades very politely phrased request that existing socks should cease to be used. I have ... mixed expectations, shall we say.

And the sexist abuse? Yes, I'd be very very happy to see an abrupt end to that.

As a Nevermo who respects the LDS origins of this forum, I am a bit ill-equipped to deal with the point about a new forum name. Maybe there is a place name somewhere in the Book of Mormon with associations that might do the job required?
Hey dumbass! I contacted Shades two days ago and gave up the sock puppets to him willingly. I could see the handwriting on the wall. Plus, he was going through a difficult time so I was trying to make it easier on him because I knew without a doubt he was probably being bombarded with pages and pages and pages written to him privately complaining about me and anyone else the insane board Progressives don't like, so kiss my ass Chaplips. Besides, it makes it easier on me and saves me a lot of time switching between accounts🤣. Now I have more time to concentrate on my Atlanticmike account and start moving my older threads up the page. If I remember correctly, you guys loved when I used to do that, right? Here's my next prediction. Soon there will be another board change that will say you can't move your older threads up if they're older than a few months. That, or if there isn't any back and forth, older threads can't be moved up. Trust me! As soon as Jersey Girl reads this, she'll start writing a novel to Shades about how older threads shouldn't be allowed to move up if there's no activity. That will be what the progressives complain to Shades about next, guaranfuckinteed. You see, you guys are very predictable. Your main goal is to clear the board of anyone who doesn't bow down and kiss the feet of the Progressive Gods. And without a doubt, you Progressives will pester the living crap out of the moderators until you get your way. No different than what you do in everyday life, only your point of view is important, everyone else are just a bunch of dumbasses. There's a reason why conservatives read this forum all the time but hardly ever contribute, you guys are insane, a cabal, a clique, the ECHO CHAMBER GANG!!
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

How nice to hear of such a good example being set.

No doubt others will follow this lead by giving up their socks as Dr Shades has now requested ... which would be some small return for all he has put into creating and maintaining this board.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Does this mean canpakes has to stop posting with his "Marcus" sick puppet?
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by Binger on Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

That's great, Shades. You're the man.

As for potential names...

- The Post Mortal Existence
- Judgement Day Waiting Room
- Outside the Pearly Gates
- The Cumulus Bathhouse
- Skyrim
- Just Outside Hubble's Range
- Narnia
- Jumping Out the Prison Window
- Pioneers, Not Fugitives
- Spouse #4
- The Illegal American Immigrant Named Jesus (or Undocumented, if you'd like to be more PC about it)
Last edited by Some Schmo on Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:32 pm
Does this mean canpakes has to stop posting with his "Marcus" sick puppet?
I'm not Canpakes! But no surprise you think that, you and culty have this deplorable habit of thinking entire groups of people are exactly the same based on an attribute they don't even have, that YOU assigned to them. Anyone with that severe of a deficiency in thinking is going to see the same enemy everywhere. I empathize with your shortcomings, they are not easy to overcome, but you can do it man! Dig deep! Remember when you were young and the 10 kids in your first grade class were not only all different from each other, but <gasp!> they were all different from you!

(Don't worry about how different you are. You're just special. A very special snowflake. We know that here, and you re-prove it regularly. Why else do you think you're allowed to vomit here when the entire rest of the internet world has banned you? And re-banned you? And re-RE-banned you?!!!!! They see you coming a mile away, but that's just who you are. Your special brand of hatred, cute though it is, is too much for some. You're lucky you found a home here where people can ignore you while you think you're being noticed. I just realized--you created your very own echo chamber!!! Bless your adorable little heart. That's quite an accomplishment, little one.)