Can't We Do Something about All the Idiotic Sock Puppets?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Some Schmo
God

Can't We Do Something about All the Idiotic Sock Puppets?

Post by Some Schmo »

Why do we have to put up with this? This board has become littered with idiot accounts recently, and it's not improving the board experience. The tiny dicks have turned into a tiny dick parade. I realize they have deep psychological problems, including crippling insecurity, but why should that be our problem?

Can't we check the IPs of new accounts and disallow any of them where the IP's been used? My ignore list has never been this long. This board is drowning in new guy idiocy.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Atlanticmike
God

Re: Can't We Do Something about All the Idiotic Sock Puppets?

Post by Atlanticmike »

Some Schmo wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:43 pm
Why do we have to put up with this? This board has become littered with idiot accounts recently, and it's not improving the board experience. The tiny dicks have turned into a tiny dick parade. I realize they have deep psychological problems, including crippling insecurity, but why should that be our problem?

Can't we check the IPs of new accounts and disallow any of them where the IP's been used? My ignore list has never been this long. This board is drowning in new guy idiocy.
Well, thanks to me and all my sock puppets, you were able to experience what it's like having something loooong in your life before you die. You're welcome!!!
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Nope. Shades is enjoying the fruits of his labor. If it isn't against one of the sacrosanct rules he arbitrarily concocted, then anything else goes.

But hey, at least there is no disparaging of Asian pop bands.

I'm not sure any of us could tolerate a board without that rule.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

K Graham wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:20 pm
Nope. Shades is enjoying the fruits of his labor. If it isn't against one of the sacrosanct rules he arbitrarily concocted, then anything else goes.

Hahaha!! Here we go again 😂😂😂. Let's blame Shades because we can't get our way. Let's blame Everything on Shades!! It's all his fault these damn conservatives won't interact with us the way we're trying to force them to.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Some Schmo wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:43 pm

The board is an interesting phenomenon when you think about it. Posters can create avatars of themselves that reflect their mood or even an aspect of their personality, and much like a film’s mood is affected by a composer’s score this board is affected by an avatar’s express intent to affect the board. I tend to think of the sock puppets as a poster’s noisy or clumsy way of interacting with a world they don’t care to understand in any meaningful way. They prefer to act upon the world first rather than understand the world first, and then act upon it second. Maintaining a single avatar with a history tied to that identity is frustrating for the actor who prefers roles over their own sense of self. Bad faith acting is a terrible strategy when trying to dig into issues and get to the facts.

So I guess the ignore function is useful only so far as a mute button is useful for watching a television program. The risk Shades runs by allowing actors to act, and let’s face it, most actors are crappy actors, is his broadcasting corporation, so to speak, becomes so tedious people will just find a different venue to interact with since his venue’s lineup is more noise than substance.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:33 pm
K Graham wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:20 pm

Hahaha!! Here we go again 😂😂😂. Let's blame Shades because we can't get our way. Let's blame Everything on Shades!! It's all his fault these damn conservatives won't interact with us the way we're trying to force them to.
It is his board dumbass and he welcomes idiots like you because he's still stuck on the 2001 anti-FAIR board mentality that any moderation is bad and all freedom of speech is good. None of his rules are really designed to foster civil, intelligent dialogue. And your presence here is proof of that.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by Binger on Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:38 pm
So I guess the ignore function is useful only so far as a mute button is useful for watching a television program. The risk Shades runs by allowing actors to act, and let’s face it, most actors are crappy actors, is his broadcasting corporation, so to speak, becomes so tedious people will just find a different venue to interact with since his venue’s lineup is more noise than substance.
I don't think he really cares what happens to this board.

I mean, seriously, every damned post by these guys is intentionally stupid... well, not intentionally. They think they're trolling, but all that really comes out is the brain damaged ramblings of morons.

I realize compensating for a lack of manliness (cock) is a serious problem for these guys, but we aren't therapists or professional healthcare workers. They need serious help to get over whichever uncle face-screwed them when they were young, and they won't get it here.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

It's likely they suffer dissociative identity disorder. I just don't think we need to let them have a new avatar for every one of their "personalities."

There's a pattern: every time one of them sodomizes himself with the barrel of his favorite rifle, he comes here to post about it.

Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Oh look!! The Progressives on the board have started another thread so they can complain about Shades 😂. Funny how none of the more conservative leaning posters complain about Shades! Typical PROGRESSIVES! Cry and complain about the rules because they can't figure out how to "control" certain posters. Any minute, Jersey, Lem/calm and Marcus, a.k.a. canpakes, will chime in and complain about sexist and racist remarks made by the non PROGRESSIVES. Trust me!! This thread will end up being 30 pages long with 90% of the post being from the PROGRESSIVES complaining about Shades.