Can't We Do Something about All the Idiotic Sock Puppets?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Re: Can't We Do Something about All the Idiotic Sock Puppets?

Post by Dr. Shades »

Binger wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:55 pm
I will comply. I will comply immediately.
Thank you, but there will be no penalty if you don’t.
This is a huge mistake by the way. HUGE MISTAKE.
In that case, please explain why. If your argument is persuasive enough, I’ll rescind the rule. That isn’t sarcasm.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by Binger on Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:06 pm
Binger wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:55 pm
This is a huge mistake by the way. HUGE MISTAKE.
In that case, please explain why. If your argument is persuasive enough, I’ll rescind the rule. That isn’t sarcasm.

I certainly hope that no one is going to make an argument for keeping sexual harassment around, lol.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Binger wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:12 pm
This board was created after Shades was banned at other boards, canpakes.
As far as I’m concerned, Shades is free to confirm to you or anyone else, and publicly or via PM , which - if any -
socks are mine.

There’d be no list, because I don’t need sock puppets to irritate you. : D
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by Binger on Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Binger wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:26 pm
It should not need to be said but I will say it. NOBODY can deal with the majority clique here on even terms.

There’s a bad argument right there.

Why do you need to ‘deal with the majority clique’? What is ‘the majority clique’?

Why do you need a handful of screen names and affirmative action to state your piece?

What about the situation here demands that it be made ‘equal’ for your unwillingness to do so?

Just (1) make better arguments, (2) use a report button when the situation demands it, and (3) don’t contribute to the stress and mess.

If you cannot do those things, then why do others need to accommodate your handicap..?
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

I appreciate the thought Shades put into these decisions.

dispensing with the sex-related abusive speech is a great idea.

I think the sock puppet ruling is okay, and it's the simplest way to solve the problem. I guess I differentiate between sock-puppets, which interact with each other, and multiple handles. To summarize my way of thinking about it, you can have three cars but you can only drive one at a time, while twelve cars might be excessive. But then that will require more moderator effort and risk unfairness, and the new rule as-is is simplest.
I know Scott was kidding a couple months ago when he said, uh oh, the jackels are after me again, but he's correct, that's what it feels like. I'm sorry to say it but when you girls get together you can be down right cruel
Hmm. Is this Scott Lloyd who is famous for not really knowing anything? Jackals are the worst metaphor since they live in male/female pairs with near zero divorce rates.

Anyway, if you and Scott are having issues with women ganging up on you in a bad way, then that's just because you guys aren't Chads. Chad, a real alpha, can say whatever he wants to women and they just want him more.
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by Binger on Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Binger wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:05 pm
canpakes wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:57 pm

There would be no need. If you act like Rosembaum did that evening, running around harassing folks, then anyone can call you Rosembaum directly without need of a sock puppet account.

That’s no worse than you’ve done yourself, so I’m not sure what would hurt your feelings about it.
Can you delete the sock puppets, liar moderator canpakes? Or, can only Shades do that?

I don’t know. I’ve never searched for a participant delete option or inquired about the permissions to do so. I’d have thought that the privilege is reserved for Shades.

Alternately, you don’t have to wait for Shades to help you; you can just go in and wipe any of your own posts that you feel are embarrassing or harassing, as you’ve done in the past.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

canpakes wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:10 pm
Binger wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:05 pm

Can you delete the sock puppets, liar moderator canpakes? Or, can only Shades do that?

I don’t know. I’ve never searched for a participant delete option or inquired about the permissions to do so. I’d have thought that the privilege is reserved for Shades.

Alternately, you don’t have to wait for Shades to help you; you can just go in and wipe any of your own posts that you feel are embarrassing or harassing, as you’ve done in the past.
I don’t think mods can delete accounts. Admins can. We can ban accounts, but I don’t think that affects posts before the ban.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.