Can't We Do Something about All the Idiotic Sock Puppets?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Can't We Do Something about All the Idiotic Sock Puppets?

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:37 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:05 am

It's the closest standing rule we have right now. If he wants to make a new rule as you say, that would be fine by me.

What is not fine by me, is that this issue has been raised since the beginnings of this board and never once has Shades bothered to address it. Would you like a list of links from the archives to back that claim? Because I have them.

Now, try to imagine that you are a long running female poster on this board. Imagine that you've seen this pass before your screen for 16 years. Imagine that you've watched the female population here dwindle down to almost nothing. Imagine that a clown car pulls up and unloads it's passengers and once again, female posters are being spit on again using sexual matters to do the spitting.

What the “F” would this admin have us do, RI? What? Just go away? Is that what this board wants? I can't speak for Lemmie but speaking only for myself, you know what--“F” this crap.
I can’t speak for admin or the board. I can only speak for myself. You don’t have to give me any links. I believe you. In the black, I don’t want you to leave, and I would be sad if you did. Lem and I get along like dynamite and a lit fuse, and I would be sad if she left.

This may sound silly, but both times I’ve moderated here, I’ve taken the clone of Shades thing pretty seriously. It’s part of the agreement I made with him. And, to me, that means not getting creative with the rules on my own. To me, that would be a breach of trust. So, closest rule we have isn’t good enough for me.

I rarely get time to read whole threads. My moderator efforts right now consists of reading and responding to reports. I’m not sure I’ve seen a report of harassment since the last discussion. Has the behavior changed at all since?

Hold ON. I just learned that one of my acquaintances of 3 years in the true crime community has passed away. I need to talk to a few people and pay tribute. I'll come back to this.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Damn, I’m sorry Jersey Girl. Take your time. The thread will still be here.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

To anyone who is reading this thread and you don't know exactly what's going on. A few months ago a handful of Progressive posters had formed a cabal that I named the "ECHO CHAMBER GANG". In unison, they would attack conservative posters, pester them until they finally stop posting. Then I came along and started giving them pure hell😂. Everything they dished out, I dished it out 10x. If they were assholes to conservative posters, I came in and attacked the Progressives. I never let up and eventually got banned from posting for three days.

Eventually a moderation team was formed and actually they do a pretty good job. Everything they've asked me to do, I've done. So!!! Now let's talk about this thread! If you go back to page one at the 12:17 mark, you'll see were I posted and predicted exactly what was going to happen in this thread in the coming days. There's going to be a handful of posters who will make this thread at least 70or80 pages long by constantly complaining and calling out the guy, Dr.Shades, who owns and operates this board. They'll tell him he's ignoring them, that his idea of free speech is stupid, they'll impugn his character and pester him for many many many pages until they, the ECHO CHAMBER GANG, get their way. They will NOT stop. I'm the last conservative that post down here in the Spirit Paradise and they will drag this thread out and harass Shades until I'm gone. They complain about harassment, sexism, racism, Nazism, white supremacy, just like all the other Progressives that have been brainwashed into believing this country is a hell hole. Not one of them have ever stuck up for a conservative while the conservative was being harassed. Actually, they've admitted they rather enjoy watching the conservative posters get harassed buy their PROGRESSIVE butt buddies.

So!! Watch what happens, watch what lengths they'll go to, to get their way. Watch how they pester and harass Dr. Shades. Watch the "Victimhood mentality" grow with every page. It's going to happen because they know no other way. They begged for a moderation team and got it. And just like every Progressive that has ever lived, they're still not satisfied and now they want the rules changed. And it will probably happen because one of the moderators has already given his personal opinion and sided with one of the Progressive "victims". Again, Progressives are never satisfied. Watch!! Just watch what comes after I post this. They're ruthless manipulators.

And let me be very very clear. Their end goal isn't to get rid of me. Their end goal is to manipulate Shades into giving the Discussing Mormonism board to someone who agrees with their insane point of view. And that's a fact!
Last edited by Atlanticmike on Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by Binger on Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Lem wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:51 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:37 am
...I’m not sure I’ve seen a report of harassment since the last discussion. Has the behavior changed at all since?
In my case, no, I have not been directly sexually harassed here since I stopped posting in discussions where there is a possibility that those who sexually harass women might participate.

You understand what that means, right?
I do, and that sucks.

It's good to see you, Lem.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
SirPoopsaLot
Sunbeam

Post by SirPoopsaLot »

Binger wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:47 pm
Get rid of the sock puppets? Why?

Every post on this board is made by a sock puppet. Nobody is blue checked or verified. Nobody has their real name or real picture on their account. Whether someone has 1 account or 100 it is all the same - a symbol used in a forum for entertainment.

The angst ebbs and flows. The whining and victimization is always a theme. Today, Some Schmo is a victim because his ignore list is long.

As long as we have a board Nanny, people will mock the rules and flaunt the rules. As long as the core of the moderating team does stupid crap like comparing Rittenhouse to mass murderers and terrorists, and thinks that commitment to rights and safety is parallel to mass murder or terrorism, you will have reactions from posters. Those reactions could be sarcastic, or they could be to leave a group of cultish clowns, or the reactions could be to push back.

Make no mistake here. Sock puppets are not the problem. Failure to abide with the liberal ideology - THAT is the problem.

If you don’t like the redirect, misinformation, socratic whataboutism, needling disdain, and constant insults then leave. If you are lurking and considering joining, prepare for one or more moderators to call you an accomplice to murder and to compare “commitment” to mass murder and terrorism.

Or. or. Or or or or. Someone could use sock puppets and just have fun with these ideologues because meh, they are just cultish ideologues so why not have Tim Kardashian poop on them a lot?
Fuckin lawyers!! Hey Binger, if there’s goin to be a lot of poopin on ideologues that takes place on this board, it’s not goin to be from Tim. Did you FORGET about me or something?? IM SIRPOOPSALOT!!!! I have a degree in all things pertaining to pooping. Damn Lawyers 🤬😡
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:28 am
Shades, in response to your question about sock puppets, I don’t despise them and, when used sparingly and cleverly, they can be pretty entertaining.
Can you give me an example? I'm trying to think of any sock puppets I thought were entertaining and coming up empty.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Some Schmo wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:10 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Shades, in response to your question about sock puppets, I don’t despise them and, when used sparingly and cleverly, they can be pretty entertaining.
Can you give me an example? I'm trying to think of any sock puppets I thought were entertaining and coming up empty.
I think some posters liked the My Pillow Guy sock puppet. I thought it was spam since it derailed conversation.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:13 pm
Some Schmo wrote:
I think some posters liked the My Pillow Guy sock puppet. I thought it was spam since it derailed conversation.

- Doc
That got old after two posts, and it wasn't really that clever to begin with. I'm with you in that all it was was a stupid distraction.

I rarely laugh at or am entertained by people I think are full of crap.

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Some Schmo wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:
I thought My Pillow Guy was funny at first, but suffered from over use. I can’t recall other specific examples - just a generalized member of having been entertained.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.