Thieves now mock the rule of law in “progressive” cities like San Francisco

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Re: Thieves now mock the rule of law in “progressive” cities like San Francisco

Post by Binger »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by Binger on Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Binger wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:32 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:31 am

Seriously, you know how analogies work. Drop the act.
Nah. I also know how analogies are abused.
When you choose to pick the interpretation that makes the other guy look the worst, you’re the abuser.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by Binger on Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Binger wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:57 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:03 am

When you choose to pick the interpretation that makes the other guy look the worst, you’re the abuser.
When you make the worst application, and expect others to overlook or go along with it, you are the abuser.

When you choose abusive behavior, you’re the abuser.

Why be that guy?
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Binger wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:57 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:03 am

When you make the worst application, and expect others to overlook or go along with it, you are the abuser.
You’re laying off responsibility for your own choices on me. I’m clearly not arguing that Mike treating a couple of extreme examples and representing all members of the group as racist. The problem is overgeneralization.

The purpose of the analogy is to illustrate the problem in a context where we all would are that overgeneralization is wrong. For you to insinuate that by using the analogy to argue that Mike is a racist is completely irrational. But it’s your choice to adopt an irrational interpretation of my words. Not mine.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Some tragic news coming out of the mess that’s the Bay Area:

Muh guns, though. -_-

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

SirPoopsaLot wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:57 pm
https://youtu.be/BU6o2MIuMQc

Progressive cities not only allow progressive rioters to burn down businesses with no consequence, they also allow looting. Progressivism is a cult!! Why else would people keep voting for this crap!!
Never mind the heroin/meth problems in the red states. It isn't as though they have crime or homeless people there... They don't drain the economy by welfare or taking more money from the federal government than they put in...

Then there's the fact that we don't know the politics of the mobs. They might be Trumpers "pwning" the "libs" for all we know.
Last edited by Father Francis on Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Father Francis wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:16 am
Never mind the heroin/meth problems in the red states. It isn't as though they have crime or homeless people there... Not to mention we don't know the politics of the mobs. They might be Trumpers "pwning the "libs" for all we know
For reals. Yesterday I was watching FOX Business channel and they're just constantly reporting on burglaries in "Democrat" cities, as if there were some connection. But then I thought, if the Red rural areas had anything worth stealing, that's where these smash and grab looters would be headed.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Father Francis wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:23 am
SirPoopsaLot wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:57 pm
https://youtu.be/BU6o2MIuMQc

Progressive cities not only allow progressive rioters to burn down businesses with no consequence, they also allow looting. Progressivism is a cult!! Why else would people keep voting for this crap!!
Never mind the heroin/meth problems in the red states. It isn't as though they have crime or homeless people there... They don't drain the economy by welfare or taking more money from the federal government than they put in...

Then there's the fact that we don't know the politics of the mobs. They might be Trumpers "pwning" the "libs" for all we know
Well luckily we have you to explain it to us😂. No one is as smart as you, no one can do your job, you save lives on a daily basis like the great Eternal God Elohim. I know you can't see me right now, but I'm bowing down and kissing your feet as we speak.
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

"Thank you for you service", Mike. I doubt you know what that really means. You're a coward, You never served anyone or anything in your life. Just “F” off rich boy.