Thieves now mock the rule of law in “progressive” cities like San Francisco

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
SirPoopsaLot
Sunbeam

Thieves now mock the rule of law in “progressive” cities like San Francisco

Post by SirPoopsaLot »

https://youtu.be/BU6o2MIuMQc

Progressive cities not only allow progressive rioters to burn down businesses with no consequence, they also allow looting. Progressivism is a cult!! Why else would people keep voting for this crap!!
Gadianton
God

Re: Thieves now mock the rule of law in “progressive” cities like San Francisco

Post by Gadianton »

They can't be mocking the rule of law worse than the conservatives of Jan. 6.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

SirPoopsaLot wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:57 pm
https://youtu.be/BU6o2MIuMQc

Progressive cities not only allow progressive rioters to burn down businesses with no consequence, they also allow looting. Progressivism is a cult!! Why else would people keep voting for this crap!!
You actually believe this is happening only in progressive cities and that they are somehow condoning it or encouraging it? Incredible!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Gadianton wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:37 pm
Right on! There is no bigger or more notorious mocker of the rule of law than Trump and his MAGA sycophants.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Gadianton wrote:
I don't find "whataboutism" to be a very effective argument. It's possible to be against the capitol riot and these looting riots, the only reason to dismiss one or the other is to defend your political ideology.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Gadianton wrote:
Misdirection. Dude.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

drumdude wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:42 pm
Gadianton wrote:
I don't find "whataboutism" to be a very effective argument. It's possible to be against the capitol riot and these looting riots, the only reason to dismiss one or the other is to defend your political ideology.
As a progressive I most certainly do not dismiss either of these crimes. I cannot think of any political ideology which justifies mass theft.

Some people can come across as clueless about actual views and hopes held by progressive people.
SirPoopsaLot
Sunbeam

Post by SirPoopsaLot »

huckelberry wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:20 pm
drumdude wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:42 pm

As a progressive I most certainly do not dismiss either of these crimes. I cannot think of any political ideology which justifies mass theft.

Some people can come across as clueless about actual views and hopes held by progressive people.
I agree! Progressive people are totally clueless about the teachings of their progressive prophets. Kinda like the German people back in the 1930s and 40s. Funny how history repeats itself.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

SirPoopsaLot wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:00 pm
Progressive people are totally clueless about the teachings of their progressive prophets.
What's this 'prophets' nonsense? I for one don't have any.

Anybody else want to fess up to having a prophet? I know Ajax18 thinks a great deal of Trump, but I don't think he would say Trump was his prophet.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Chap wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:17 pm
SirPoopsaLot wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:00 pm
Progressive people are totally clueless about the teachings of their progressive prophets.
What's this 'prophets' nonsense? I for one don't have any.

Anybody else want to fess up to having a prophet? I know Ajax18 thinks a great deal of Trump, but I don't think he would say Trump was his prophet.
Besides the weird 'prophet' take, what's with the trolling that everyone here is a 'progressive'? Some trolls need to manufacture a reason to hate everyone in every group they troll, but man, that's a weird one for this location.