Thieves now mock the rule of law in “progressive” cities like San Francisco

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
K Graham
God

Re: Thieves now mock the rule of law in “progressive” cities like San Francisco

Post by K Graham »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:59 am
Was Bernie Sanders ever held accountable for stirring up the men that shot Steve Scalise?
Why in the bejeezus would he need to be held accountable? Your false equivalencies are boring, and show just how dumb you can be.
In a widely shared tweet that was echoed elsewhere online, the conservative activist Jack Posobiec claimed that Mr. Sanders “ordered his followers to ‘take down’ Trump.” But those words refer to a CNN headline that summarized his remarks.

“During his campaign, Trump posed as a friend of the working class,” Mr. Sanders said. “Do not tell us that you are a friend of the working class when you throw 23 million Americans off of health care, and make devastating cuts to education, senior needs, nutrition, housing, and environmental protection.”

At no point did Mr. Sanders call for violence against Mr. Trump or Republican lawmakers. And on Wednesday, Mr. Sanders condemned the shooting, which he called a despicable act, and emphasized that “real change can only come about through nonviolent action.”
You're a victim of dumb right wing fake news again, but you love it, because all you care about is the feeling it provides you upon first reading it. You're not interested in actual facts, you're just upset that a fellow white supremacist was shot.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:11 pm
ETA: I think you’re over-generalizing what Waters said. There are looters that walk off with TVs and Stereos, and jewelry, etc. Although they are “looters,” they clearly aren’t who she was talking about. If your kids were starving or had no shoes, and for whatever reason, you didn’t have the means to buy food or shoes, what wouldn’t you do for your kids? What Waters is talking about is feeling compassion for and mercy toward people in a very specific situation. To brand her as pro-looting would be a serious misrepresentation of what she said.
That's kind of an odd statement to make when responding to the Rodney King riots that killed nearly 63 people and left billions of dollars in property damage. How many people were killed during the Jan. 6 capital riot which amounted to nothing more than trespassing for most that have been left to rot in a third world separate prison without a trial until after the midterm elections? How much time will any of these "smash and grab," (since using the word loot is racist) spend in a separate third world prison? And yet the media has no problem with cutting clips of Donald Trump's comments and taking it out of context. Donald Trump clearly said to go down peacefully and make our voices heard.

And you know you're right. I don't really care about what you do on the left coast, especially if you're willing to fund your insanity with your own tax dollars. As conservatives we respect your right to selectively enforce the law. All I ask is that you don't import the political ideology that makes California and New York what they are now into my part of the country and maybe take back some leftists who don't belong in Florida, Texas, GA, or Virginia. If you could just do that, there would be no need for a conflict.
Ajax, you’re just cherry picking again to feed your rage and resentment. Have you researched every single statement that Waters made in connection with the Rodney King case? Of course you haven’t. You’ve just fixated on one that feeds your resentment. Do you not see what you are doing to yourself in every single post? Why do you want to be a seething ball of resentment? Expressing compassion for kids who don’t have enough food or don’t have shoes should be appropriate in any setting.

I addressed your Jan 6 ranting in the other thread. Your view of want happened is so far removed from the facts that it is delusional. You know very well that if Trump has actually won the election and a bunch of BLM folks stormed the Capitol for the purpose of stealing the election, you’d be calling for their execution. I doubt that any of the insurrectionists are “rotting,” but they absolutely should be held there.

There is no need for a conflict, and if delusional folks start one, they’ll wind up dead or in jail for life. We have a little thing called the Constitution that guarantees freedom of travel among the states. Neither of us owns any states. So, no, you don’t get to exclude American Citizens from living where they choose. If you hate America this much, move to some dictatorship that is more consistent with your politics.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Some Schmo wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:17 pm
This is the thing. Of course you and I and most decent human beings believe that theft is wrong. Half the reason I never say anything about these kinds of complaints is because it's obvious it's wrong. I mean, no crap, right?

They know this on the right, and so they bring crap like this up to condemn people who they think have a different ideology, as though and handful of citizens looting is reflective of that ideology. But we know it's insincere and nothing more than a tactic, because if they really cared about theft or the legality of anything, they never would have supported Trump.

But it's not about the theft, or any other crime. It's about their idiotic "ideology." I read Gad's post as commentary on that phenomenon.
I can think of few things more irrational and childish, not to mention inherently hypocritical, than conservatives resorting to whataboutism whenever one of their own is caught in some wrongdoing or lie. If you caught one of your own children doing something bad, and that child tried to excuse him or herself by claiming that some of their siblings or friends got away with doing the same thing, would you just say, "well, that's okay then, I won't punish or reprimand you either?" Even if the conservatives' claims that certain progressives or democrats really were guilty of something equally egregious were true (which is too often not the case), it is entirely irrelevant to the question of whether or not the conservative miscreants deserve to be absolved of or excused for whatever lie or wrongful act in which they were caught.

ETA: If the other side really is caught in proven lies or wrongdoing, sure -- go ahead and criticize and accuse them, and push for any appropriate punitive measures, but don't you dare use that as justification for excusing or minimizing the real wrongdoings of someone from your own side!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Even if the conservatives' claims that certain progressives or democrats really were guilty of something equally egregious were true (which is too often not the case), it is entirely irrelevant to the question of whether or not the conservative miscreants deserve to be absolved of or excused for whatever lie or wrongful act in which they were caught.
Liberals really do believe in a two tiered justice system depending on political ideology.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:57 pm
Even if the conservatives' claims that certain progressives or democrats really were guilty of something equally egregious were true (which is too often not the case), it is entirely irrelevant to the question of whether or not the conservative miscreants deserve to be absolved of or excused for whatever lie or wrongful act in which they were caught.
Liberals really do believe in a two tiered justice system depending on political ideology.
https://youtu.be/PqZDRgI86CE
Check out this video, Ajax. Especially the two wacko Progressives explaining their wacko ideas for dealing with the rising crime in their cities. They start their tirade at the 4:40-6:15 mark. Totally insane!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:41 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:57 pm

https://youtu.be/PqZDRgI86CE
Check out this video, Ajax. Especially the two wacko Progressives explaining their wacko ideas for dealing with the rising crime in their cities. They start their tirade at the 4:40-6:15 mark. Totally insane!
Yes, claiming that two people with extreme views are representative of millions of progressives is insane. It’s like showing pictures of two black guys in jail and claiming that all black folks are criminals.
he/him

Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by Binger on Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Binger wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:17 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:12 pm

Yes, claiming that two people with extreme views are representative of millions of progressives is insane. It’s like showing pictures of two black guys in jail and claiming that all black folks are criminals.
This damned guy.
Yeah, I know. Why does he keep posting such obvious nonsense. If racial analogies make you uncomfortable, substitute “posting YouTubes of violent white supremacists and claiming there are representative of all conservatives.

Call it what it is: moronic trolling. I know it. You know it. He knows it. If this the best you got for expressing conservatives beliefs and opinions, why would any sane person take conservatism seriously?
he/him

Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by Binger on Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Binger wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:19 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:26 pm

Yeah, I know. Why does he keep posting such obvious nonsense. If racial analogies make you uncomfortable, substitute “posting YouTubes of violent white supremacists and claiming there are representative of all conservatives.

Call it what it is: moronic trolling. I know it. You know it. He knows it. If this the best you got for expressing conservatives beliefs and opinions, why would any sane person take conservatism seriously?
Christamighty Res.

Drop less acid. Or more. Or the same amount. Whatever works.

Showing some messed up progressives is not the same as making racist conclusions. You really should calm TF down in this stuff. You seem anxious and seem to have an extreme need to paint evil eyes on all your foes.
Seriously, you know how analogies work. Drop the act.
he/him