Guess what this building will be

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
drumdude
God

Guess what this building will be

Post by drumdude »

It's a hard one, I know. No googling!
Screenshot 2021-11-26 205453.jpg
Screenshot 2021-11-26 205453.jpg (186.87 KiB) Viewed 708 times
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Guess what this building will be

Post by Jersey Girl »

What state is that in? You're giving me the creeps. :shock:
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

https://www.reddit.com/r/McMansionHell/ ?

J/K, that’s clearly a cultist manufacturing facility being built in a bucolic setting so as to inspire communion with God next to a pollution corridor in a suburban hellscape.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:27 am
https://www.reddit.com/r/McMansionHell/ ?

J/K, that’s clearly a cultist manufacturing facility being built in a bucolic setting so as to inspire communion with God next to a pollution corridor in a suburban hellscape.

- Doc
Holy crap look at the size of those houses. We have some around here. I hate them taking up the land like that. The antelope have no idea where to go any more. They'll be here under these trees before it's all over.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

I saw this off of I-215 and I immediately wondered how they could allow a building that tall on that spot. What a nuisance. Feel sorry for the homeowners living behind it.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Okay so I never answered the question. Guess what this building will be.

A monument to human greed? I dunno. I give up.

Slava Ukraini!
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

A new LDS temple?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:55 am
Okay so I never answered the question. Guess what this building will be.

A monument to human greed? I dunno. I give up.
We lived in a huge house for about 10 years. It was gorgeous, comfortable, and the worst thing that ever happened to my family. When you have a huge house with only a few people, it naturally drives you apart as you all tend to hang out in your "area."

So we decided to downgrade, and we haven't been this happy in years. The older I get, the more minimalist I become.

Greed will never make anyone happy, because when you get what you want, you'll just want more. Greed makes satisfaction impossible.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

It's interesting to see they build the temples the same way you would build a McDonalds or a KFC. Built at a low cost so as to be profitable. Some thin veneer on the outside to hide that fact.
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

drumdude wrote:No googling!
I couldn't help myself: Google image search identified this photo as the Great Plains. And this becomes understandable when you pause to reflect that for our pioneering forebears the Great Plains constituted an imposing waste.