Roll Tide

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
K Graham
God

Roll Tide

Post by K Graham »

That is all.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Roll Tide

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I watched that game yesterday, and I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I still think they’re going to get smoked in the SECCG, and that a two-loss ‘bama will drop out of the CFB picture, but I’m going to enjoy Saban’s greatness for the week. I don’t get why Cincinnati is ranked so high, but I think having Georgia, Michigan, and ND in the top 4 will make for a compelling playoff. OK state should get the nod over an undefeated MAC team, but who knows.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:59 pm
I watched that game yesterday, and I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I still think they’re going to get smoked in the SECCG, and that a two-loss ‘bama will drop out of the CFB picture, but I’m going to enjoy Saban’s greatness for the week. I don’t get why Cincinnati is ranked so high, but I think having Georgia, Michigan, and ND in the top 4 will make for a compelling playoff. OK state should get the nod over an undefeated MAC team, but who knows.

- Doc
Well I'm not expecting Alabama to beat Georgia in the SEC championship game in Atlanta next week, but if it does happen I wouldn't be surprised. Alabama is young and beat up, missing several key players to injury. It wasn't until Saban eventually replaced two injured guys on the OL that Alabama was able to move the ball effectively. Georgia has come close to beating Alabama a couple of times since 2008 but Saban has an uncanny ability to come away with the win.

Assuming they do lose to Georgia, I can still see the committee putting Alabama in the top four, depending on how the other games play out. If Baylor kills OSU, then I think a two loss Bama team is in, considering who they lost to. Notre Dame won't get in ahead of Cincinnati because they already lost to them earlier in the season and accounting for head to head matchups is part of the CFB protocol. If OSU destroys Baylor, that might be enough to bump them ahead of Cincy.

This season has been weird to say the least, in the sense that with the exception of maybe Georgia, every other team seems perfectly capable of beating or losing to just about any other team. It's like, just flip a coin.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

K Graham wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:47 pm
That is all.
Yes, that is all! 😊 I thought about you as we went into Old Testament x4.

I’m afraid Georgia is going to eat our lunch.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7