John Lithgow: A Confederacy of Dumptys

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gunnar
God

John Lithgow: A Confederacy of Dumptys

Post by Gunnar »

I just finished watching this interview of John Lithgow by Melissa Caen about his new book, A Confederacy of Dumptys. I can hardly wait to find a copy of it and read it. It turns out that John Lithgow is not only a brilliant actor, but also a great writer, poet, satirist and caricaturist, and also quite a good historian. In his book he tells of some of the most corrupt and villainous public figures in U.S. history in brilliantly satiric verse, and compares them with our Dear Donald Trump. He illustrated it with his own line drawings or cartoons. He even read some of the stories from the book. The video is about an hour long, but I found it both educational and entertaining, and well worth watching.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Moksha
God

Re: John Lithgow: A Confederacy of Dumptys

Post by Moksha »

One person's scoundrel is another's object of veneration. Ajax and the legion of sock puppets would say that was just John Lithgow signaling the historic moral virtues and eschewing the power of con-artistry.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace