Michigan School Shooting

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Some Schmo
God

Re: Michigan School Shooting

Post by Some Schmo »

Gadianton wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:42 pm
Many right-wing politicians must love school shootings and here's why: yes, there's that awkward moment of discomfort. But then upon introspection, it's recognized that this is an opportunity to show they won't back down in spite of liberal opportunists. It's times like these, when millions of gun nuts clutch for their weapons in fear of Biden taking them away, that a Second Amendment politician with an otherwise thin platform adds value. This is when the grandstanding politician who otherwise doesn't know anything and gets nothing done can shine, in contrast to a more traditional politician.
That is sad commentary on the US electorate and humanity generally. We are all at the mercy of the lowest common denominator, and that denominator is pretty goddamn low.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

The hits just keep on coming..

Georgia Girl, 14, Fatally Shot As Brother Tries To Sell Homemade Gun: Authorities

ATLANTA (AP) — A 14-year-old Georgia girl was killed when her younger brother was trying to sell a homemade gun, and he fired a shot at people who took the weapon without paying, a sheriff said. The shot struck Kyra Scott, and she died as her mother was trying to take her to a hospital, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

Douglas County Sheriff Tim Pounds said Kyra’s 13-year-old brother and the man who was allegedly trying to buy a homemade gun, 19-year-old Yusef McArthur El, were both arrested Monday and charged with murder. McArthur El is also charged with robbery-sudden snatch. The two were denied bond Tuesday. A sheriff’s captain said Thursday they did not yet have attorneys.

McArthur El was being held at the Douglas County jail, and the 13-year-old boy was at a youth detention center.

Pounds said the boy had ordered all the parts he needed to make guns, including semiautomatic weapons, and the boy had been selling them. On Saturday, two people arrived at a home in Douglasville to buy one of his guns and fled without paying, Pounds said.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Parents on the run now. Cool.

So much civility.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:21 pm
Parents on the run now. Cool.

So much civility.

- Doc
Giving Rittenhouse some competition for owning the hearts of gun cultists.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Kishkumen wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:42 pm

Giving Rittenhouse some competition for owning the hearts of gun cultists.
I hope Doc doesn't make the argument that Crumbley feared for his life and had to shoot in self-defense.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

they should drive to florida and seek asylum under the President of Forida and President elect D. Trump. Protection provided by the new civilian military. I think this would be a great gag for the right, since I can see people being sympathetic regarding parents. what a way to push Second Amendment.