Michigan School Shooting

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
canpakes
God

Re: Michigan School Shooting

Post by canpakes »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:06 pm

^ wHy DiD tHe MaInStReAm MeDiA bUrY tHiS sToRy?!.? What’s the mainstream media’s PROGRESSIVE, IE, COMMUNIST AGENDA burying this story? And if you don’t know who the guy above is THEN IT PROVES MY POINT!,!.!?.?

- Doc
Oh, yeah. That guy.

https://mobile.Twitter.com/RyanChandler ... exans-life
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

canpakes wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:14 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:06 pm

^ wHy DiD tHe MaInStReAm MeDiA bUrY tHiS sToRy?!.? What’s the mainstream media’s PROGRESSIVE, IE, COMMUNIST AGENDA burying this story? And if you don’t know who the guy above is THEN IT PROVES MY POINT!,!.!?.?

- Doc
Oh, yeah. That guy.

https://mobile.Twitter.com/RyanChandler ... exans-life
SEE.???!! You already FORGOT the STORY because it was BURIED by the LIBS. YOU HAD TO GOOGLE IT.

SICK. DISGUSTING. WHITE PEOPLE DYING AND LIBERAL PROGRESSIVES WON’T TALK ABOUT IT.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

That story is disturbing and I hope the killer gets charged eventually. I didn't see the poor guy who died as having posed a threat. On the contrary, getting the gun and shooting at the victim's feet was definitely threatening. Texas has a defense of property statute that allows physical force to remove trespassers, but I don't see it being applicable here. The victim was asked to leave and then became a trespasser. However, force wasn't necessary to terminate the trespass at that point. Add to the fact that we have a new boyfriend v. ex-husband and there might be a motive for murder. The ex-wife was purposefully keeping the son past the time for drop-off and perhaps there is a history there where the new boyfriend was then looking for a chance to do just what he did. Anyway, it's a sad story that didn't have to happen. I always tell my clients to come see me instead of doing what the victim did. He would still be alive had he just gone to court like he was threatening to do right before he was shot instead of confronting the new boyfriend.

Sec. 9.41. Protection of One’s Own Property.
(a) A person in lawful possession of land or tangible, movable property is justified in using force against another when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to prevent or terminate the other’s trespass on the land or unlawful interference with the property.
(b) A person unlawfully dispossessed of land or tangible, movable property by another is justified in using force against the other when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to reenter the land or recover the property if the actor uses the force immediately or in fresh pursuit after the dispossession and:
(1) the actor reasonably believes the other had no claim of right when he dispossessed the actor; or
(2) the other accomplished the dispossession by using force, threat, or fraud against the actor.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:32 pm

Judging books by their covers, I’d guess this was a case of bullying and the kid snapped.
Don't you think the parents of the victims wish someone like Huber was round to stop that kid?
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

I watched a few of Sig Sauer kid's youtube videos from when he was 10 or so. Never would have predicted his actions a few years later based on those. In retrospect, the only pause is that he was so optimistic and lacking in self-awareness that it must have been all the more brutal to wake up in jr. high at the bottom of the totem pole. He has one youtube video from a couple years go throwing a molotov cocktail in his backyard, which is a little concerning.

The parents appear to be unhinged right-wingers and didn't think much of buying sonny boy a high-capacity 9mm. If they can be charged, they should be. I actually feel bad for them because it doesn't seem like there were a lot of outward signs, and they merely took the same culturally acceptable chances a lot of other parents take. When it comes to guns, there's a lot of freedom to hang yourself, and I think in terms of legality we've got to let the hanging happen.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Gadianton wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:34 am
I watched a few of Sig Sauer kid's youtube videos from when he was 10 or so. Never would have predicted his actions a few years later based on those. In retrospect, the only pause is that he was so optimistic and lacking in self-awareness that it must have been all the more brutal to wake up in jr. high at the bottom of the totem pole. He has one youtube video from a couple years go throwing a molotov cocktail in his backyard, which is a little concerning.

The parents appear to be unhinged right-wingers and didn't think much of buying sonny boy a high-capacity 9mm. If they can be charged, they should be. I actually feel bad for them because it doesn't seem like there were a lot of outward signs, and they merely took the same culturally acceptable chances a lot of other parents take. When it comes to guns, there's a lot of freedom to hang yourself, and I think in terms of legality we've got to let the hanging happen.
I haven't been keeping up. Did the parents buy the gun for the kid?
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:52 am
Gadianton wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:34 am

I haven't seen that they bought him the gun. Only that it was purchased a week ago or so. I'm not keeping up either. I've got true crime fatigue at this point.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

The dad bought the gun 4 days before. Obviously, they'd be insane to admit they bought it for the kid, but I think that's the case based on the kid referring to it as his gun and already having had practice time with it.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:04 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:52 am

I haven't seen that they bought him the gun. Only that it was purchased a week ago or so. I'm not keeping up either. I've got true crime fatigue at this point.
This is the most information I've found:
A prosecutor on Thursday repeated her criticism of the parents of a boy who is accused of killing four students at a Michigan school, saying their actions went “far beyond negligence” and that a charging decision would come by Friday.

“The parents were the only individuals in the position to know the access to weapons,” Oakland County prosecutor Karen McDonald said. The gun “seems to have been just freely available to that individual.”
https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/mic ... g-81510623

There was also a meeting among school personal, the kid, and the parents that occurred "hours" before the shooting. No details.

ETA: This article says that his journal indicates that his parents bought the handgun for him. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 68855.html

Jesus wept.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.