Juicy Smollet Trial

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
drumdude
God

Juicy Smollet Trial

Post by drumdude »

Just when you thought Dave Chapple was the last laugh on the story, nope! The Juicy defense is now that he was set up! His two friends:

1) Forced Juicy to pay them for their help in the scam
2) Forced Juicy to make up the story about roving bands of Trump supporters yelling anti-gay slurs and "This is MAGA country"
3) Forced Juicy to point at the cameras and look like Juicy was planning the hoax

in my opinion it's a great sign of how effective the left's fear mongering campaign has been. That Juicy ever thought this scam would work in the first place. I hope the jury and judge throw the book at him for stirring up partisan hatred in the country.
ajax18
God

Re: Juicy Smollet Trial

Post by ajax18 »

Nobody wants to talk about this case. Wonder why?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

When the Narrator of Ken Kesey's One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest begins his story, he says "But it's the truth even if it didn't happen".

I think of that quote when I hear about false flag victimhood stories. There are ample examples on different sides of the political spectrum. People who use victimhood, or perceived victimhood, to somehow validate their actions. Just look at January 6th.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:32 am
Probably because no one has ever heard of Juicy Smollet.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:37 am
When the Narrator of Ken Kesey's One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest begins his story, he says "But it's the truth even if it didn't happen".

I think of that quote when I hear about false flag victimhood stories. There are ample examples on different sides of the political spectrum. People who use victimhood, or perceived victimhood, to somehow validate their actions. Just look at January 6th.
Yep they did the same thing in January, "The FBI baited us!" :roll:

I agree it needs to be called out whoever does it.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

drumdude wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:03 am
Just when you thought Dave Chapple was the last laugh on the story, nope! The Juicy defense is now that he was set up! His two friends:

2) Forced Juicy to make up the story about roving bands of Trump supporters yelling anti-gay slurs and "This is MAGA country"
3) Forced Juicy to point at the cameras and look like Juicy was planning the hoax

in my opinion it's a great sign of how effective the left's fear mongering campaign has been. That Juicy ever thought this scam would work in the first place. I hope the jury and judge throw the book at him for stirring up partisan hatred in the country.
Scammers will scam and con men will con. So far, it doesn’t look good for Mr. Smollet. If the jury finds him guilty, I’d shred no tears if got the maximum penalty. But, if we’re going to criminalize “stirring up partisan hatred,” we’re all going to be sitting on juries for a long, long time.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:41 am
drumdude wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:03 am

Scammers will scam and con men will con. So far, it doesn’t look good for Mr. Smollet. If the jury finds him guilty, I’d shred no tears if got the maximum penalty. But, if we’re going to criminalize “stirring up partisan hatred,” we’re all going to be sitting on juries for a long, long time.
True. And some of us would be likely to be tried as well.

Strange times.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Indeed.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

Ajax, just so we're clear, Smollet's behavior was reprehensible. He has wasted thousands of hours of police time, and he should be held responsible. And I certainly concur with the idea that someone who manufactures evidence is the enemy of the truth.

by the way, I think Chapelle's routine about Juicy Smollet's story is hysterical.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:32 am
The Jussie Smollett case was well discussed on this forum when it happened.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace