FOX News is America's Shame

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ajax18
God

Re: FOX News is America's Shame

Post by ajax18 »

I think that’s how most people retain friendships when divided by politics or religion. I find it also helps to approach people with whom I disagree with curiosity as opposed to evangelism.
I was surprised that he was willing to ignore the subject being that he's a higher level tennis player than me. For me it's cool that we can still be useful acquaintances and do business even if one day we might have to kill each other in combat. It' reminds me of the civil war where they would quit fighting around 5:00pm and then play poker together till the next morning when they'd go back to fighting. Even enemies can show each other respect.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

I told him that I don't have a problem hearing opposing ideas to my own, it's just that, with so many issues out there, it's a never ending what about this or that, and so if he doesn't know what Romney did wrong, can he tell me what "his guy" did right? Give me the top one or two issues.
Mitt Romney never opens his mouth except to criticize conservative Republicans. He'll only appear on liberal mainstream media news. The result of that has been a crazy left wing taking power in Congress and to a large extent the presidency. Mitt knew this would be the result, so why did he persist in doing this? Because he doesn't really want lower taxes. He doesn't really want to put people back to work. He doesn't want the border enforced. He doesn't want black people held to the same standard of criminal justice as white people. He doesn't want social security privatized so that it works the way it was sold to voters originally. Mitt wants critical race theory and antiwhite rhetoric taught in public schools. He wants more first and second graders asking whether or not they're gay and he wants to use compulsory public education as a means to plant that seed in their minds at an early age. Mitt has always been pro abortion.

By their works ye shall know them. I know Mitt Romney all to well now.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:50 pm
I told him that I don't have a problem hearing opposing ideas to my own, it's just that, with so many issues out there, it's a never ending what about this or that, and so if he doesn't know what Romney did wrong, can he tell me what "his guy" did right? Give me the top one or two issues.
He'll only appear on liberal mainstream media news. …

Mitt wants critical race theory and antiwhite rhetoric taught in public schools. He wants more first and second graders asking whether or not they're gay …
-_-

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6278788713001#sp=show-clips

Huh. That’s weird. Also very weird that on a LIBERAL ECHO CHAMBER a poster with the handle of “ethnic cleansing” and “Adolf Hitler” and a pro-slavery Confederate General avatar is free to post his Conservative views.

Anyway. COMMON SENSE dictates that TRUMP WILL WIN IN 2024!

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, AGAIN!!!

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:07 pm
Religion and politics bring out the worst from the best of people. And for those several rungs down from the top, it brings out really interesting dredge.

There are a lot of things in the world aside from politics, and so with me, he just has to try to live in the world that has nothing to do with what his network of angry junk emailers are pushing that day. There are lots of other things to talk about that keep us on speaking terms. Sometimes he slips, like this morning. But when I saw him later on, we just pretend it never happened.
I've defriended most of my left wing tennis buddies on Facebook. Now that I know their politics we just avoid the subject and we pretend our arguments never happened. It seems to work out for the better in that we can still enjoy the game we love together by making it apolitical. But it's getting harder at the pro level to keep the politics out with Wimbledon doing things like banning Russian players, the Covid lunacy and banning of Djokovic, or Serena's tantrums in which she plays the race and gender card. Thankfully it still seems to work out well for players like Tennys Sandgren who just refuse to speak to the media about politics.
If you had any respect or integrity you'd tell them the full truth about you. I doubt they know you're a member of a Nazi online community (Stormfront) or that you believe interracial marriage should be outlawed, and you blame integration with black people for the so called downfall of human society, etc.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Ajax wrote:Mitt Romney never opens his mouth except to criticize conservative Republicans. He'll only appear on liberal mainstream media news. The result of that has been a crazy left wing taking power in Congress and to a large extent the presidency.
You are saying that because Romney only criticizes conservative Republicans and appears on liberal media, that a crazy left wing has taken power in congress and the presidency?

So, Ajax, the "one or two points" need to be coherent enough that they can be addressed. What you're saying is so vague I doubt it's possible to provide evidence for or against it. Let's say, for instance, that Mitt Romney appeared on Fox once in a while. Does that mean Joe Biden wouldn't be the President?
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Many years ago I remember whenever people would assert how unprofessional and biased CNN was, I'd ask them for an example and their #1 example was when Donna Brazil was busted for sharing some of the questions with HC before her interview. To them that was worse than FOX News making stuff up from whole cloth or editing videos and audio footage to create false narratives etc.

Earlier this year we learned that FOX News hosts like Hannity, Kilmeade and Ingraham were texting the White House during the Jan 6th insurrection begging them to stop, warning of the consequences of their actions while at the same time they were going on live television blaming antifa and Democrats. This in and of itself was so duplicitous as to warrant immediate termination had they been were employed by a real news outlet. But at FOX, truth and integrity doesn't matter. Just make crap up as you go and keep the narrative of attacking Liberals at all costs.

Then this week we learn of more texts showing that Maria Bartiromo not only gave Trump the questions before her interview, but she coached him on how to respond because Trump's child like mind often wanders off the subject and they risk him saying something stupid. As I said before. Trump was never the leader of the country because FOX News had always been pulling his strings from the beginning.

Fox's Maria Bartiromo Fed The White House Trump's Questions Before Interview
Around an hour before her talk with Trump, she messaged Meadows:

“Hi the public wants to know he will fight this. They want to hear a path to victory. & he’s in control. 1Q You’ve said MANY TIMES THIS ELECTION IS RIGGED… And the facts are on your side. Let’s start there. What are the facts? Characterize what took place here.”

Bartiromo added:

“Then I will drill down on the fraud including the statistical impossibilities of Biden magic (federalist). Pls make sure he doesn’t go off on tangents. We want to know he is strong he is a fighter & he will win. This is no longer about him. This is about ????. I will ask him about big tech & media influencing ejection as well Toward end I’ll get to GA runoffs & then vaccines.”

As CNN noted, Bartiromo’s questions on “Sunday Morning Futures” mirrored “much of what she laid out in the text message.” And during the interview itself, she allowed the majority of Trump’s baseless election fraud claims to go unchecked, yet another example of the Trump White House’s close ties with the conservative network.
But it gets even worse.

Other text messages prove Sean Hannity was being told what to say by Trump's advisor and Hannity complied as if he were receiving orders from his superiors.

The Trump White House told Sean Hannity what to say, then he said it
The texts show Hannity reaching out to Meadows and receiving instructions on what to tell his audience on the afternoon of Election Day. After Hannity asked Meadows about whether Trump would win the chief of staff’s home state of North Carolina, Meadows told Hannity to use his radio show to “Stress every vote matters. Get out and vote.” Hannity responded, “Yes sir[.] On it. Any place in particular we need a push[?]” Meadows wrote back, “Pennsylvania. NC AZ,” then added “Nevada,” to which Hannity replied, “Got it. Everywhere[.]”

Hannity followed through on his pledge to Meadows to exhort his radio audience to the polls in those key states, as The Washington Post’s Philip Bump noted after reviewing that day’s edition of Hannity’s radio show, which airs from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. ET:

“I am acting as though and knowing that every single, solitary vote matters,” Hannity said near the top of the show. He added that he was sharing insights after having “been on the phone all day with people all over the country.”

A bit later: “Every single vote in every one of these states that I have just mentioned absolutely, positively matters.”

And later still: “If you’re going to be voting, you know, please, if you’re online, please don’t say, oh, this is going to take too long. Your vote is necessary. Every vote matters.”

Such behavior would generally be interpreted by a responsible news outlet as a massive ethical breach. But Fox is a Republican propaganda outlet that has completely given up on enforcing anything resembling rules or journalistic ethics for Hannity, allowing him to moonlight as a key Trump adviser.
Sean Hannity Slammed 'Lunatic' Trump Backers As He Did White House Bidding: Texts
Last edited by K Graham on Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Gadianton wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:43 pm
Ajax wrote:Mitt Romney never opens his mouth except to criticize conservative Republicans. He'll only appear on liberal mainstream media news. The result of that has been a crazy left wing taking power in Congress and to a large extent the presidency.
You are saying that because Romney only criticizes conservative Republicans and appears on liberal media, that a crazy left wing has taken power in congress and the presidency?

So, Ajax, the "one or two points" need to be coherent enough that they can be addressed. What you're saying is so vague I doubt it's possible to provide evidence for or against it. Let's say, for instance, that Mitt Romney appeared on Fox once in a while. Does that mean Joe Biden wouldn't be the President?
Romney is the closest thing the Republican party has to integrity which is why Nazis in America hate him so much. Ajax would rather his preferred dictator be able to successfully overrun Democratic elections and stay in power because he hates the rule of law and the Constitution almost as much as he hates black people.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

K Graham wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:29 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:07 pm

I've defriended most of my left wing tennis buddies on Facebook. Now that I know their politics we just avoid the subject and we pretend our arguments never happened. It seems to work out for the better in that we can still enjoy the game we love together by making it apolitical. But it's getting harder at the pro level to keep the politics out with Wimbledon doing things like banning Russian players, the Covid lunacy and banning of Djokovic, or Serena's tantrums in which she plays the race and gender card. Thankfully it still seems to work out well for players like Tennys Sandgren who just refuse to speak to the media about politics.
If you had any respect or integrity you'd tell them the full truth about you. I doubt they know you're a member of a Nazi online community (Stormfront) or that you believe interracial marriage should be outlawed, and you blame integration with black people for the so called downfall of human society, etc.
You just don’t like TRUE diversity. Our COUNTRY is based on FREE SPEECH, unlike SOVIET LIBERALS LIKE YOU. This board NEEDS REAL DIVERSITY. I, for one, LOVE that this “LIBERAL ECHO CHAMBER”, makes room for a CONSERVATIVE who’s handle literally denotes “ethnic cleansing” and “Adolf Hitler”, and we’re CONFRONTED with the TRUTH that a Confederate GENERAL who was pro-slavery embodies the PATRIOTIC TRUTH of BLOOD AND SOIL.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, AGAIN!!!!!

FREE SPEECH! FREE SPEECH! FREE SPEECH!

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

fbxdfbf.jpg
fbxdfbf.jpg (85.03 KiB) Viewed 386 times
I saw this on social media and then clicked on the link out of curiosity as to why her daughter was on FOX News. The clip had her going off about the economy talking about how inflation was low under Trump but then suddenly jumped when Biden got elected. I was like, OK, she must be some economist to be given airtime on FOX News to talk about the economy, right?

Wrong.

She is just a real estate agent with Keller Williams in the Atlanta area, and not a very successful one based on the few transactions she's had over her six years in the business. So why is she on FOX bad mouthing Warnock and Biden? Oh, because she lives in Georgia and she's black. That's it. That's all you need to earn a spot on the FOX podium before tens of millions of people. Be black, and badmouth Democrats. Those are the only qualifications needed.

And according to this woman, this is her second appearance on FOX. Are black Republicans in Georgia so hard to find that they have to keep using the same ones over and over?
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

This Brittney Griner fiasco really should be documented as the latest FOX News piece of manufacture outrage of the week:

Following Brittney Griner’s release from Russian detainment, right-wing media figures blast her with racist attacks
Right-wing media figures call Griner an “anti-American” “drug addict” and a “lesbian middling WNBA player” who will be “more committed to her own self-victimization and personal resentments than ever before”
I mean it truly is despicable how Tucker Carlson chooses to frame this by outright lying, insisting Biden "chose" a black lesbian over a decorated veteran, failing to inform his audience that Whelan was never on the table. He doesn't mention that only Biden has tried to negotiate the terms of Whelan's release, and Trump never once lifted a finger. He doesn't inform his audience that the Whelan family believes the President did the right thing. He doesn't mention the fact that his racist talking points are being literally mimicked by Russian media:
The Daily Beast’s Julia Davis shared a translated clip from RT Editor-in-Chief Margarita Simonyan saying the United States chose a “black lesbian, hooked on drugs,” over a “decorated Marine covered in medals” whose “three problems” are that “he is white,” “he is a man,” and “he is a heterosexual.”

Right-wing media made the same attacks, some almost verbatim.

On his Daily Wire podcast, anti-LGBTQ hatemonger Matt Walsh said that Whelan and Mark Fogel, another American detained in Russia, “both made the mistake of being straight white men” and that “people in that category when it comes to getting aid and help from the Biden administration” are “put at the back of the line.”

Newsmax host Greg Kelly said that Whelan is devalued “in the court of public opinion” because “he’s straight, he’s white, and he’s a man. And also, this is key, he’s not famous. That’s bad for him.”

White supremacist prime-time Fox News host Tucker Carlson, who has a history of embracing authoritarian regime and is frequently lauded on Russian state TV, attacked the deal for choosing “the basketball player over the Marine” and said the White House made this choice because Griner is “not white and she’s a lesbian.”

On his Newsmax show, Turning Point USA’s Benny Johnson said the Biden administration “wouldn't allow a Black woman, lesbian woman, drug addict, America-hating woke, to be kept in prison in Russia” because she is “on the identity politics spectrum.” He added that “Brittney Griner broke the law,” even though the United States designated her as being wrongfully detained.
I've often wondered whatever happened to this notion of doing the chivalrous thing? I mean Whelan is a man and a Marine. Wouldn't a true hero gladly allow a woman to take his place in the face of years of imprisonment and torture? FOX News doesn't think so, because in their view Griner isn't an American, isn't a woman, and probably not even human.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18