FOX News is America's Shame

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Re: FOX News Dishonesty Reaches New Lows

Post by Binger »

K Graham wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:22 pm
Binger wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:53 pm

I am sure if CNN was covering the Mothers, Truckers in Canada, you would give us a link.

Mandates will be lifted or removed, and it will not be because the masks or vaccines worked. It will be because Trudeau is rightfully terrified of the populists.
I started a thread with a CNN article just for you.
Oh, so you think that the truckers are racist and you think that CNN showed that the truckers are racist? I saw your link. And they are racist why?
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Binger wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:11 pm
K Graham wrote:

Oh, so you think that the truckers are racist and you think that CNN showed that the truckers are racist? I saw your link. And they are racist why?

Some of them may indeed have some issues.

Is this contributing to the perceived dishonesty of Fox News?
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

K Graham wrote:
Binger wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:53 pm

I am sure if CNN was covering the Mothers, Truckers in Canada, you would give us a link.

Mandates will be lifted or removed, and it will not be because the masks or vaccines worked. It will be because Trudeau is rightfully terrified of the populists.
Hey K. Can you get the names of the people in the pictures and the names of the photographers? Thanks. And please, do tell, are the swastika pics available on FOX or CNN? Who is actually showing swastikas? We need to find out and stop that crap.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

That entire thing about the FBI plotting the Jan 6th insurrection had begun from "Revolver" magazine. No one vetted the claim, they just ran with it as headline "BREAKING NEWS" even "BOMBSHELL" news. Because that's the genesis of a fake news story.

Trump praises right-wing site that helped to seed the conspiracy theory that the FBI is to blame for the Capitol riot
Revolver News, a fringe aggregation website with some right-wing commentary, has been cited frequently by top-rated Fox News host Tucker Carlson in his promotion of the FBI-plot conspiracy theory, which holds that federal agents sparked the attack on the Capitol to discredit Trump supporters.
How many flippin "BOMBSHELLS" have turned out to be fake news duds, just within the past year? Remember when Texas's electric grid collapsed because the State refused to have it integrated with the federalized system? Within seconds FOX News insisted it was because windmills had frozen! 900+ Texans died, Ted Cruz fled to Cancun, and all they can think to do is blame... (drum roll) the left.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

K Graham wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:07 pm
That entire thing about the FBI plotting the Jan 6th insurrection had begun from "Revolver" magazine. No one vetted the claim, they just ran with it as headline "BREAKING NEWS" even "BOMBSHELL" news. Because that's the genesis of a fake news story.

Trump praises right-wing site that helped to seed the conspiracy theory that the FBI is to blame for the Capitol riot
Revolver News, a fringe aggregation website with some right-wing commentary, has been cited frequently by top-rated Fox News host Tucker Carlson in his promotion of the FBI-plot conspiracy theory, which holds that federal agents sparked the attack on the Capitol to discredit Trump supporters.
How many flippin "BOMBSHELLS" have turned out to be fake news duds, just within the past year? Remember when Texas's electric grid collapsed because the State refused to have it integrated with the federalized system? Within seconds FOX News insisted it was because windmills had frozen! 900+ Texans died, Ted Cruz fled to Cancun, and all they can think to do is blame... (drum roll) the left.
Do you like FOX news? You seem to watch that channel a lot. Are you following this thing with the Truckers?
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

FOX News has literally turned my parents into mindless bigots and it has had a devastating impact on our family as a whole. My Mom's grandkids can't even stand to be around her in public because she'll just suddenly blurt out something racist. Like the time my niece was with her at the mall and a Muslim woman wearing a face covering walked by. She grabbed her and said stay away from her that's a terrorist. Before their gradual infatuation with FOX, which began around 9/11, she didn't even know what a Muslim was. Now she's an expert. Morning, day, night, whenever I walk into their house FOX is blaring on all four TVs throughout the house none stop. At night during the week they make popcorn and sit there from 7pm-11pm even watching the late night rerun they already say.

They wouldn't attend their grandchildren's graduations, birthday dinners, etc if the time conflicted with Bill O'Reilly, and now Tucker Carlson. Their plasma TV has the FOX logo burned into the bottom left of the screen permanently because that is the channel they most watch. I used to wonder if there were other folks going through the same thing, and it turns out to be a nationwide phenomenon:

How Fox News and Right-Wing Media Brainwashed This Dad and Destroyed a Family

What I’ve Learned From Collecting Stories of People Whose Loved Ones Were Transformed by Fox News

I lost my dad to Fox News: How a generation was captured by thrashing hysteria

Jen Senko on how Fox News brainwashed her dad — and is now prepping its audience for fascism

How Fox News and the Right-Wing Media Machine Made My Dad Crazy

Fox news stole my dad

And with their non-stop anti-vaccine coverage, they're literally killing people who have loved ones. All for what? Ratings. Because outrage sells, even the fake kind.
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

Greg Gutfeld is harmless.

These rants about FOX News crack me up. Really, they really truly make me laugh. Truly laugh. I particularly laugh at the people that are victimized by FOX News. FOX ruined my family! FOX ruined my country! FOX made Hillary lose! And then I really really laugh at people that are victimized for and in behalf of the victims of FOX News.

This is not whataboutism, this is the damned real lay of the real land in real time: If you have a problem with FOX, but you do not have a problem with CNN, Washington Post, The NYT, NPR, The Atlantic, PBS, Jimmy Kimmel, Stephen Colbert, Jen Psaki, Jack Dorsey, The View and that [deleted language exceeding PG-13 rating -- RI] Stephanopolous, then your problem is not what you think. It really really is that super duper simple.

If you are fine with one side, and feel victimized by another side doing the same damn thing the same damn way, well then, good on ya. Have a great day with that. If are victimized by FOX, but can't see that if they went away, another ranting raging lunatic force would have to stand in its place to counter the lunatic other ranting insane side, well then, be that victim. Have a great day with that. If you fail to see all the conditions the media is operating in, and isolate a single view on one channel or ideology that feeds your victimhood, great. Be that victim. Have a great time with it. LOL.
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

canpakes wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:21 pm
Binger wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:11 pm

Some of them may indeed have some issues.

Is this contributing to the perceived dishonesty of Fox News?
If, for example, you post this picture and come to the conclusion that the truckers stand with Nazis, I think your family would actually be better off without you. And, I think your family should and will come to that conclusion too. At some point, the stupid becomes unwelcome. Very unwelcome.

So yeah. If FOX victimized you, by telling you that truckers do not actually stand with Nazis, then stay the “F” away from nice people.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Binger wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:47 pm

These rants about FOX News crack me up. Really, they really truly make me laugh. Truly laugh. I particularly laugh at the people that are victimized by FOX News. FOX ruined my family! FOX ruined my country! FOX made Hillary lose! And then I really really laugh at people that are victimized for and in behalf of the victims of FOX News.

This is not whataboutism, this is the damned real lay of the real land in real time: If you have a problem with FOX, but you do not have a problem with CNN, Washington Post, The NYT, NPR, The Atlantic, PBS, Jimmy Kimmel, Stephen Colbert, Jen Psaki, Jack Dorsey, The View and that [deleted language exceeding PG-13 rating -- RI] Stephanopolous, then your problem is not what you think. It really really is that super duper simple.

If you are fine with one side, and feel victimized by another side doing the same damn thing the same damn way, well then, good on ya. Have a great day with that. If are victimized by FOX, but can't see that if they went away, another ranting raging lunatic force would have to stand in its place to counter the lunatic other ranting insane side, well then, be that victim. Have a great day with that. If you fail to see all the conditions the media is operating in, and isolate a single view on one channel or ideology that feeds your victimhood, great. Be that victim. Have a great time with it. LOL.
Your post is actually textbook whataboutism. None of the media outlets you list are a "side" in the way that Fox News is a "side." None of them relentlessly promote "liberal" ideology regardless of the facts the way that Fox relentlessly promotes conservative ideology regardless of the fact. Fox goes way beyond what we would normally consider editorial bias. Will Fox ever correct the blatant lies it told about Durham's weird motion to require Sussmann to waive conflicts of interest on the record. Absolutely not. Fox News is the living embodiment of the saying that lies go around the world twice while the truth is getting on its shoes.

Equating Fox's propaganda with the NYT or Washington Post is the epitome of false equivalence. That you can't tell the difference is a sign that you are among the duped.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Binger wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:47 pm

Figured you'd gloss and misrepresent as per your usual. CNN is not the "same damn thing" by any stretch of the imagination and this thread alone proves that. Most of the scandals faked by CNN, are based on claims from ajax and the others who are just believing what Brietfart and Faux Noise tell them. As far as I can tell the worst crime from CNN in the past year was telling their viewers that Joe Rogan decided to take ivermectin which is also a drug for horse deworming. Was it a "LIE"? No, it was the truth, but that didn't stop the hypocrites in internet land to claim "See CNN is the Same Damn Thing as FOX" all the while they keep believing FOX.

FOX News is the outlet that turned legit news into an entertainment scheme for ratings and FOX has been boosting ratings by pushing hate, fear, outrage and above all, ignorance. They do this because it works. CNN doesn't teach people to hate one another. By reporting on a cop murdering a black man in broad daylight, CNN isn't telling people to hate cops. FOX on the other hand will, without exception, give the cop the benefit of the doubt and push excuses as to why excessive force was necessary. FOX quite literally, on just about every Hannity segment, divides America into two sides. You have your "Great Americans" who are Republicans who call in to support them and then you have everyone else who is nothing short of pinko commi. Democrats, Liberals, Progressives, who represent a majority of the country, are demonized regularly as establishment puppets and dimwits who want to be enslaved, etc etc. Twenty years ago you wouldn't see people brazenly declare Democrats are not real Americans, and that they're trying to destroy America, etc etc. FOX has normalized that mentality to the point that people in public nowadays just go ahead and take for granted that everyone in their immediate vicinity would be OK with them making hateful remarks like, "That black guy is probably a Democrat." (as I recently heard someone say about an NFL player during the Super Bowl party) I don't know anyone who watches CNN religiously, probably because it is mostly boring. MSNBC and CNN to some extent have tried to adopt FOX's platform in terms of airing opinion shows called "News Analysis," but they art least put people who are educated and have a background in Journalism, as opposed to just anyone willing to spew their partisan tropes.

Saying CNN is "the same damn thing" is whataboutism by definition. It is just a common refrain from the intellectually lazy. It is easy to just jump to whataboutism all the while pretending you're engaging the discussion on a meaningful level. But no one here buys that. Not even you.