FOX News is America's Shame

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
K Graham
God

Re: FOX News Dishonesty Reaches New Lows

Post by K Graham »

7.jpg
7.jpg (39.81 KiB) Viewed 715 times
8.jpg
8.jpg (54.77 KiB) Viewed 715 times
9.jpg
9.jpg (47.08 KiB) Viewed 715 times
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

11.jpg
11.jpg (81.77 KiB) Viewed 713 times
10.jpg
10.jpg (14.27 KiB) Viewed 713 times
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Legit News outlet CNN debunking Fake News Outlet, FOX News on the Canadian Trucker Convoy : https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/21/politics ... index.html
K Graham
God

Re: FOX News is America's Shame

Post by K Graham »

Not surprisingly, the Right Wing media have decided to side with Putin and Trump in their attacks on Biden and support for Putin's invasion. Trump calls Putin's invasion of Ukraine a "genius" move.

Tucker Carlson had already demonstrated his affinity for Right Wing autocrats when he went to Hungary to interview their thug in chief and to praise him for his inhumane immigration laws. A couple of weeks ago Tucker asked why are we defending Ukraine in the first place? He argues that Russia is the country with all the natural resources so we should be on their side! Democracy be damned. And now he's going all in as Putin's apologist, all in the context of America's attempt to save a Democratic nation from destruction.

Patriotic or treasonous?
tuck.jpg
tuck.jpg (120.89 KiB) Viewed 669 times
“I said, ‘This is genius,'” Trump said on a right-wing podcast. “Putin declared a big portion of … Ukraine … as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful. … I said, ‘How smart is that?’ And he’s going to go in and be a peacekeeper. That’s strongest peace force. … We could use that on our southern border. That’s the strongest peace force I’ve ever seen. There were more army tanks than I’ve ever seen. They’re going to keep the peace all right. Here’s a guy who’s very savvy … I know him very well. Very, very well.”

This is the same orange idiot who said Crimea was part of Russia because most everyone there speaks Russian!

So Right Wing media knows it cannot contradict their orange autocrat wannabe, so they're willing to throw America under the bus and take the side of a ruthless dictatorship.
11.jpg
11.jpg (75.2 KiB) Viewed 669 times
12.jpg
12.jpg (72.49 KiB) Viewed 669 times
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Fox News is gaslighting the American public about how former President Donald Trump would have handled Russian aggression against Ukraine, claiming Trump had been a stronger leader than President Joe Biden and would have better protected vulnerable countries. In reality, Trump often promoted a foreign policy agenda that aligned with Russian President Vladimir Putin’s interests.

The disgraced former president publicly sided with Putin in 2018 against U.S. intelligence officials’ determinations of Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election. He also reportedly sided with Russia, in conversations with other world leaders, over Russia’s illegal annexation of the Crimean Peninsula from Ukraine in 2014. Trump also attempted to extort Ukraine into launching an investigation against then-presidential candidate Biden by withholding military aid vital to their defense against Russia, in a scheme that led to Trump’s first impeachment. (The scheme almost worked, too.)

Trump was also infamously biting toward the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), the linchpin of European military security against Russian aggression, calling the organization “obsolete” before being forced to backtrack. Trump publicly wavered in his commitment to NATO's “Article 5” assurances, which bind member states to one another's mutual defense if they were ever to be attacked, before again backtracking.

In Fox News’ alternate reality, none of this happened. Prime-time host Sean Hannity spoke Monday night with Fox News contributor and retired Army Lt. Gen. Keith Kellogg, who held a number of national security positions in the Trump administration, with the two suggesting that Trump had been a stronger leader against Russia.
SEAN HANNITY (HOST): Let me ask you this. Why is it that this happened in the Obama-Biden administration? It didn't happen in the Trump administration, and now it's happening again. Do you have any strong belief as to why that is?

KEITH KELLOG (FOX NEWS CONTRIBUTOR): Yeah, Sean, I do have two words: weakness and opportunity. When you look at this administration and when you look at the chief executive and you look at the national security staff that he has around him, and you look at the vice president, it’s a constant pattern of weakness.

When President Trump was in office, you know, he was resolute and he was also predictably unpredictable. He kept adversaries on their back foot all of the time and he would do things that would surprise people but adversaries would look at him and say, “Well, look, this may happen to me.”
Hannity is in fact linked to both disgraceful chapters of the Trump-Russia relationship. Hannity took a major role in pushing conspiracy theories meant to absolve Russia from the hack of Democratic emails in 2016, a role that culminated in Fox paying an out-of-court settlement to the parents of murdered Democratic National Committee staffer Seth Rich.

Hannity also pushed disinformation about Ukraine and the Biden family, as part of a propaganda effort linked to then-Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani, which the Fox News’ internal research “Brain Room” eventually acknowledged wasn’t credible. Hannity had also pushed a false narrative that the “real collusion” in 2016 had been between Ukraine and Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign, thus helping to stoke Trump’s anger and desire to scapegoat the Eastern European country.

On Tuesday morning, Fox’s America’s Newsroom spoke with Fox News contributor and former Trump-era Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, who falsely insisted that Trump had been tougher on Russia in comparison to Biden’s alleged weakness.
BILL HEMMER (CO-ANCHOR): For four years, Democrats said that Donald Trump was in awe of Vladimir Putin — and Joe Biden was one of them. Lay out for us what a proper deterrence would have been, if you believe you could have stopped Putin when you were in office.

MIKE POMPEO (FOX NEWS CONTRIBUTOR): Well, Bill, I can say this, The only thing that has changed in the last 14 months is the leadership in the United States of America. We’ve all known Vladimir Putin a long time. I spent a great deal of time with him and his lieutenants. He hasn't changed, his vision for reinstating the greater Soviet Union and creating a sphere of influence was precisely the same for the four years that I was in office alongside President Trump. We were determined to convince him that there were things he could not do, and we put lots of sanctions on him. But where we could work with him, we could. We had a model for engagement and deterrents that stopped him from doing precisely what you’re seeing happened this morning.
Pompeo failed to recall, however, the occasion in December 2020, when Trump publicly contradicted Pompeo about Russia being behind a massive hack of the federal government and industries. Pompeo had said that “we can say pretty clearly that it was the Russians,” but Trump instead said that it might have been China. (Trump was also very busy during that period attempting to overturn his defeat in the 2020 election — an assault on American democracy in which Pompeo also seemingly participated.)

And on Tuesday afternoon’s edition of Outnumbered, co-host Harris Faulkner said to co-host and former Trump White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany, “The White House response to Russia was quite different in the last administration. Talk to us about it.”

McEnany responded, in part: “The real truth here is this — that there is no greater supporter of the Democrat Party than Vladimir Putin.”

During her time at the White House, McEnany pushed false talking points that investigations into Russian interference in the 2016 election had resulted in “the complete and total exoneration of President Trump.”
--------------------------

Oh well, CNN is the "same thing" right?

Fox News Host Mocked For Bonkers Defense Of Trump's Praise For Putin
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

I don’t know what’s sadder to watch in this episode of Fox’s Ingraham Angle - Laura Ingraham calling Zelensky’s statement ‘pathetic’, or Trump talking about an American amphibious assault on Ukraine that didn’t happen.

https://Twitter.com/atrupar/status/1496 ... 34720?s=10

Page down a few for the highlighted tweet and video clip.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Fox loves Putin and Trump. Fox and Friends should start taking joint calls from Putin and Trump.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Former Fox News Director Charged With Violating U.S. Sanctions On Russia

Jack Hanick was arrested for his work as a TV producer for a Russian media baron tied to aggression in Ukraine over the past eight years.

NEW YORK (AP) — A former CNBC and Fox News employee has been arrested in London for his work as a television producer for a Russian media baron tied to aggression in Ukraine over the past eight years, particularly in Crimea, U.S. prosecutors announced Thursday.

Jack Hanick, 71, also known as “John,” was arrested in London on Feb. 3 in what U.S. Attorney Damian Williams described as the first-ever criminal indictment charging a violation of U.S. sanctions resulting from Russia’s 2014 annexation of Crimea.

Hanick’s lawyers in New York and London didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment. If he is successfully extradited, the sanctions charge carries a potential penalty of up to 20 years in prison.

Williams said Hanick worked for years for Russian oligarch Konstantin Malofeyev — the founder of a Russian Orthodox news channel, Tsargrad TV — even after U.S. sanctions banned U.S. citizens from working for or doing business with him.

“The Justice Department will do everything it can to stamp out Russian aggression and interference,” Assistant Attorney General Matthew G. Olsen said in a news release.

Olsen said that after Malofeyev was sanctioned for threatening Ukraine and providing financial support to the Donetsk separatist region, Hanick “knowingly chose to help Malofeyev spread his destabilizing messages by establishing, or attempting to establish, TV networks in Russia, Bulgaria, and Greece, in violation of those sanctions.”

An indictment returned in Manhattan federal court alleged that Hanick worked directly for and for the benefit of Malofeyev from at least 2013 through at least 2017.

According to his LinkedIn page, Hanick worked as a director for CNBC for over a year in 1995 before joining the Fox News Channel as a director from July 1996 to August 2011. He said he was on the channel’s “start-up team.”

A Fox News spokesperson declined comment. CNBC did not immediately respond to a message seeking comment.

Malofeyev was designated for sanctions in December 2014 by the U.S. Treasury Department, which said he was one of the main sources of financing for Russians promoting separatism in Crimea.

In an October 2015 article in the Financial Times Magazine, Malofeyev, alternatively spelled “Malofeev,” by some English-language news outlets, talked about hiring Hanick to help launch Tsargrad TV because he admired Fox News and wanted to put a “conservative yet modern spin on global news.”

Malofeyev and Hanick met when they were speakers at a Moscow conference on morality in the media. Both are devout Christians.

“He seemed like a very humble guy. I had no idea he had a lot of power or political pull. I’m still not sure what he has,” Maloffeyev told the Financial Times in 2015.

Of Putin, he was quoted as calling him “a historical leader, the best that Russia has had in 100 years, since before the revolution. We got very lucky.”

Prosecutors said that when FBI agents interviewed Hanick about his work for Malofeyev, he made false statements.

In 2015, Hanick authored an opinion piece for The New York Observer warning that a war between Washington and Moscow was on the horizon and saying Russia’s point of view was largely ignored by Americans.

He defended Russia’s occupation of Crimea, assailed U.S. sanctions as a mistake, praised Putin, castigated NATO and said neither it nor the U.S. could ever win either an economic or military war with Russia.

“Russian history is filled with invaders trying to conquer Russia. Napoléon and Hitler are only the latest examples. Russia has always prevailed,” he wrote.

A note at the end of the piece said Hanick had “recently completed the development of a state of the art television network in Moscow, built without government funding.”
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

So after ajax hilariously forced his foot in his mouth after another idiotic claim was made about Hillary paying some tech firm to "spy" on Trump, now FOX News is feeding another bone to him which I'm surprised he hasn't relayed here.

Russia is setting the stage for the use of chemical weapons by claiming that the United States is working with Ukraine to develop biochemical weapons. IF Putin is consistent, he'll use chemical weapons on Ukraine and when the international community is outraged, he just goes, "See, I told ya they were developing chemical weapons."

Of course there is absolutely zero evidence that any of this is true except for the Kremlin's say so. And now back to the US we have FOX News doing the bidding of the mass murderer by pushing this same idiotic conspiracy theory.

And now the Kremlin is using Tucker Carlson... again:

Report: Kremlin memo tells Russian media to feature Fox host Tucker Carlson

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... rlson-fox/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqwfbKrU3Eo&t=554s
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

For all those people yapping about how "CNN and MSNBC are just the same as FOX."

Rep. Adam Kinzinger Declines To 'Ever' Appear On Tucker Carlson's 'Propaganda' Show

When has a Leftist politician ever refused to go on CNN because he or she believes it is pure "propaganda"?