SEC Championship

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
msnobody
First Presidency

SEC Championship

Post by msnobody »

Let me start by yelling out a hearty ROLL TIDE!
Let the game begin. Trying to be optimistic.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: SEC Championship

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

So, having watched the game, and now that I’m watching Michigan handling its business I think it should go:

1 - Michigan

2 - Alabama

3 - Cincinnati

4 - Georgia

This way the conference champs are ranked ahead of Georgia, but Georgia isn’t penalized too harshly for losing to the 3rd-ranked team in the nation. This also sets up a third matchup between Georgia and Alabama when they presumably beat the other two, although I have a soft spot for Michigan this year and I’m hoping Harbaugh can bring home the hardware (unless they’re facing the Sabans, then Roll Tide).

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Fantasy statisticians at BYU are staying up all night rolling leaves of Bayesian inference into a papyrus doobie to enable the Cougars to be in one of the big six bowls.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:39 am
So, having watched the game, and now that I’m watching Michigan handling its business I think it should go:

1 - Michigan

2 - Alabama

3 - Cincinnati

4 - Georgia

This way the conference champs are ranked ahead of Georgia, but Georgia isn’t penalized too harshly for losing to the 3rd-ranked team in the nation. This also sets up a third matchup between Georgia and Alabama when they presumably beat the other two, although I have a soft spot for Michigan this year and I’m hoping Harbaugh can bring home the hardware (unless they’re facing the Sabans, then Roll Tide).

- Doc
It would be their second matchup if that were to happen but I think it will be:

1. Alabama
2. Michigan
3. Georgia
4. Cincinnati

With Bama and Michigan playing in the final.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Huh. I wonder why I thought they already played another game. I always mix Georgia up with Mercer, so that’s an understandable mistake.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:47 pm
Huh. I wonder why I thought they already played another game. I always mix Georgia up with Mercer, so that’s an understandable mistake.

- Doc
😆 I hate that we played Mercer.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18