Systemic Racism is Alive and Well

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
K Graham
God

Systemic Racism is Alive and Well

Post by K Graham »

Judge Asks For 'Forgiveness' After Video Shows Repeated Use Of N-Word In Her Home

At one point, a voice is heard saying, “And mom’s yelling n****r, n****r,” to which a woman’s voice answered: “We have a n****r. It’s a n****r, like a roach.”

Imagine a black judge in a similar situation and his household caught throwing around racial slurs against a white burglar. It'd be FOX News front page for a week and we'd never hear the end of it from ajax.
Last edited by K Graham on Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
ajax18
God

Re: Systemic Racism in Louisiana

Post by ajax18 »

Tell me some white racial slurs that are so sacred we can't actually say or type the word in court or online out of fear of losing your job and permanent public banishment.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:23 pm
Tell me some white racial slurs that are so sacred we can't actually say or type the word in court or online out of fear of losing your job and permanent public banishment.
Tell me how someone in our judicial system, in which she is responsible for judging and sentencing black men on a daily basis, isn't evidence of systemic racism when her household freely throws out the N word like its nothing, and then she goes and lies about the burglar being armed.

We only know this by chance. The fact is there are likely many, MANY cases of racists in our judicial system who simply haven't been caught yet.
118289665_3296010250492489_3939962442087162959_n.jpg
118289665_3296010250492489_3939962442087162959_n.jpg (120.87 KiB) Viewed 819 times
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

K Graham wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:53 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Tell me how someone in our judicial system, in which she is responsible for judging and sentencing black men on a daily basis, isn't evidence of systemic racism when her household freely throws out the N word like its nothing, and then she goes and lies about the burglar being armed.

We only know this by chance. The fact is there are likely many, MANY cases of racists in our judicial system who simply haven't been caught yet.

I see you couldn't come up with any examples to answer my question.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:12 pm
K Graham wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:53 pm

Says the guy who completely dodged the point by trying to derail yet again. You say systemic racism doesn't exist. Well here it is. How do you deal with it?
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

K Graham wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:49 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:12 pm

Says the guy who completely dodged the point by trying to derail yet again. You say systemic racism doesn't exist. Well here it is. How do you deal with it?
The judge needs to be recalled if that’s a possibility. If not, she needs to be put on administrative leave until he election and then the people need to vote her out. If she’s re-elected then there it is. The people want a racist judge adjudicating legalities. And for Xanax’s benefit, if a black judge said some demeaning things about white people I’d expect the same standard to be applied. The only way forward is true egalitarianism.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

ajax18 wrote:
No person of any colour, white, black brown or yellow, who is in the habit of using racially contemptuous language in private should be given responsibility for legal decisions affecting citizens who might thus have good cause for believing they might not regard all persons appearing before them on equal terms.

Justice must be seen to be done.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Chap wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:25 pm
ajax18 wrote:
No person of any colour, white, black brown or yellow, who is in the habit of using racially contemptuous language in private should be given responsibility for legal decisions affecting citizens who might thus have good cause for believing they might not regard all persons appearing before them on equal terms.

I don't think people in the habit of using political or religious contemptuous language in public or private should be given responsibility for legal decisions affecting citizens who might thus have good cause for believing they might not regard all persons appearing before them on equal terms.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:59 pm
Chap wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:25 pm

I don't think people in the habit of using political or religious contemptuous language in public or private should be given responsibility for legal decisions affecting citizens who might thus have good cause for believing they might not regard all persons appearing before them on equal terms.
So, you think the judge should be fired, then.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

Think about if an NFL coach was guilty of the same behavior. He would be fired. Management would understand that players of color might feel the coach wasn't seeing them as the same human beings as their white teammates.

This judge isn't in charge of who starts or who gets cut. It's a little more important than that. And the Organization that she works for has a Constitutional mandate to hold men equal before the law.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land